How is Comodo AntiVirus?

Met-AL

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone have any links to actual testing and reviews of Comodo AntiVirus? I checked at VirusBulletin, but didn't see it listed in their VB100 list.

Thread Disclaimer:
Yea, I know Eset is better than ClamWin, Kasperksy is better than Eset, Avast is almost as good, AVG is the bomb, Norton sucks, McAffee owns Norton but sucks as well, and your Uncle Jimmy doesn't have AV cause he is smarter than viruses and surfs pron from inside a virtual machine running Linux on his XP box.

Thread Disclaimer:
Yea, I know Eset is better than ClamWin, Kasperksy is better than Eset, Avast is almost as good, AVG is the bomb, Norton sucks, McAffee owns Norton but sucks as well, and your Uncle Jimmy doesn't have AV cause he is smarter than viruses and surfs pron from inside a virtual machine running Linux on his XP box.
lol. :)

If you're looking for a free all-in-one solution for family or what-not, it's worth a look. I haven't used it in a while for the record but when I did, it was rather slow and klunky. You may want to take a look at Avast free edition or look into whether or not your/their ISP provides anything for free. Comcast typically provides Mcafee and for grandma, there's nothing better than a solution you don't have to worry about.

lol. :)

If you're looking for a free all-in-one solution for family or what-not, it's worth a look. I haven't used it in a while for the record but when I did, it was rather slow and klunky. You may want to take a look at Avast free edition or look into whether or not your/their ISP provides anything for free. Comcast typically provides Mcafee and for grandma, there's nothing better than a solution you don't have to worry about.

Grandma? LOL. :D

I have been using AOL Active Sheild by Kaspersky for the past year, my licesnse expires on the 5th of Feb, so I am on the hunt for something free and was wondering about this Comodo...

For anyone that is still using AOL Active Shield and wants to auto update the signatures, put 127.0.0.1 download.newaol.com in your hosts file. It makes Active Shield fail to connect to AOL's update server and goto Kaspersky's update server and get the signatures instead.

Much as they make a good software firewall...their antivirus is not that good...I forget which engine it's based on...but have read a few reviews saying....not that good.

For "free"...AntiVir is the tops. Light..and very strong in detection.

Much as they make a good software firewall...their antivirus is not that good...I forget which engine it's based on...but have read a few reviews saying....not that good.

For "free"...AntiVir is the tops. Light..and very strong in detection.

I have an expired license for that one as well. :(

I need to stop keeping my Windows installs for 3yrs+ at a time I guess....

Back