How Good is the Asus Motherboard Customer Service?

SolidSnakeUS

[H]ard|Gawd
I would like to know. I have a friend who had a really horrible time with them by sending the same motherboard back twice and gotten the same one back both times because they couldn't recreate the same problem. I would like to hear your stories, if you guys have had any issues or good fortune.

Why I put this here is that I'm thinking of getting the ASUS P8Z77-V with an IB CPU.

I didn't personally had the need to RMA any asus product so far but I'm for a while on these forums and I read dozens threads that their support sux and people were receiving defective boards again and so on.
You can read few of them here, here and here

I didn't personally had the need to RMA any asus product so far but I'm for a while on these forums and I read dozens threads that their support sux and people were receiving defective boards again and so on.
You can read few of them here, here and here

I am curious out of the major mobo manufacturer, who has the best customer service?

EVGA, if you consider them major. THey have great service on everything from my experience

EVGA, if you consider them major. THey have great service on everything from my experience

+1, by far the best customer service. Unfortunately with their latest lineups starting with p67, probably the worst motherboards as far as features/price.

+1, by far the best customer service. Unfortunately with their latest lineups starting with p67, probably the worst motherboards as far as features/price.

Z77 FTW looks great. I have it preordered right now, but still have my eye out for other boards ;)

My experience wasn't great, but wasn't horrible. The worst thing was that it took longer then it should have.

Asus has probably the worst customer service I've ever dealt with, (which is why I have Asrock motherboards in my systems now).

I've heard very good things about EVGA, but never dealt with them. I have dealt with Corsair and Gskill and they are both awesome.

Many years ago I had an Asus Mobo and needed to RMA it would not boot up no matter what I tried just few months after I purchased so I sent it in they received and claimed that I damaged the board which one of the corners was broken.

I know for a fact I did not drop that board and none of the corners were broken when I had it since I was very careful with it my guess is someone there either dropped it or somehow from shipping but it was packed very well so that is doubtful, anyway they send it back and I was out $200 with no replacement from Asus so I never purchased an Asus Mobo again since and probably never will

So Asus will use any excuse not to give you a new mobo?

Curious, do you think it would be probably in my better interest if I just chose the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 at $175 and then purchased 2 years extended warranty from Newegg (extra $30) coming out to 5 bucks less than the Asus P8Z77-V so I don't have to deal with the Asus service?

Last edited:
So Asus will use any excuse not to give you a new mobo?

Curious, do you think it would be probably in my better interest if I just chose the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 at $175 and then purchased 2 years extended warranty from Newegg (extra $30) coming out to 5 bucks less than the Asus P8Z77-V so I don't have to deal with the Asus service?
I currently have ASRock P67 pro3 2 months or so and it works well.

I currently have an ASRock that works well, too, but it does have 2 SATA ports that don't work right now, so yeah.

All the bad stuff reminds me of what happened to my friend. Curious, is the extra year(s) warranty from Newegg actually a reliable service?

Isn't the service Newegg sell from a third party? Not sure how reliable

Took 2 months to RMA my motherboard with Asus, and still waiting. Sent in the motherboard the first time and recieved a DOA. Sent in the motherboard the second time, and found out two weeks later they lost my application which resulted in my rma status being stuck on "Pending" for two weeks.

Last edited:
If you buy the Republic of Gamers motherboard and if you have to RMA, it included overnight shipping back to you. I had to ship my motherboard in, and after the RMA they overnighted me a brand new one.

Unless you get ROG so you qualify for advanced RMA... ASUS customer support is the worst of the worst.

You realize they're basically the same company right?

So I feel like I'm just fucked either way on the new motherboard then because the service anywhere sucks...

I can't use an MSI Z77 board because they have no PCI slots for my sound card.

The UD5H from Gigabyte doesn't even have a PS/2 slot for my keyboard, which means I would have to spend extra money as is to get a new keyboard (USB).

The ECS and Biostar ones just look meh, and supposedly even with Biostar, you void the warranty if you OC.

But basically to get good service with ASUS, you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a ROG board.

Surprisingly, even the Intel DZ77GA70K is looking kind of good right now. 3 years, the slots are all where I want them and also the spacing is right. It has a PS/2 port and a TON of USB ports and also 8 SATA ports.

I've RMA'd a couple of dozen Asus MBs in the past without any incident at all. I used to work for a small computer company that sold probably 30 to 40 systems / month (sometimes more, sometimes less)

Lets see, to recount:

Had a dual processor 440bx (I honestly can't remember the model... P2B something) motherboard. Nothing was wrong with it, but there was a drop in replacement chip to update the board to support P3s. I RMA'd the board and got it back in less than a week at no cost with the newer northbridge. I remember being extremely impressed with the service and I switched most of the PCs we sold from AOpen to Asus.

There was a batch of A7n8x-E AMD T-Bird motherboards that were DOA (around 200PCs sold to a school, probably 10 MBs DOA). Asus cross shipped new motherboards to us no questions asked since we had a delivery timeline -- all I had to do was give them a credit card, in case we didn't ship back the MBs.

Then there were a few early P4 MBs that came back here and there that had gone bad that we replaced with on site spares. I don't think I ever had a problem getting boards back in less than a few weeks.

Are you sure it's not because you work for a small computer company? But the thing I've noticed is that there is definitely very different experiences for people, which means it's not really consistent service.

Its horrible, I own a lot of stuff from ASUS at the moment, but from the time I have dealt with ASUS's customer service, I prefer paying a little bit more for EVGA or a little less for other brands but I am never getting anything from ASUS ever again.

I sent them my motherboard to RMA it, I waited 15days to get a response saying that "I had to pay $280 for repairs" I had cleared with the customer rep on the phone what the problem was before even shipping it to them and the customer rep said that they will "DEFINITELY" fix it, but despite that, when I sent it in they said to me that I either pay the $280 or they send it back...

MSI, Gigabyte and EVGA have the best service by far.

I've RMA'd a couple of dozen Asus MBs in the past without any incident at all. I used to work for a small computer company that sold probably 30 to 40 systems / month (sometimes more, sometimes less)

Lets see, to recount:

Had a dual processor 440bx (I honestly can't remember the model... P2B something) motherboard. Nothing was wrong with it, but there was a drop in replacement chip to update the board to support P3s. I RMA'd the board and got it back in less than a week at no cost with the newer northbridge. I remember being extremely impressed with the service and I switched most of the PCs we sold from AOpen to Asus.

There was a batch of A7n8x-E AMD T-Bird motherboards that were DOA (around 200PCs sold to a school, probably 10 MBs DOA). Asus cross shipped new motherboards to us no questions asked since we had a delivery timeline -- all I had to do was give them a credit card, in case we didn't ship back the MBs.

Then there were a few early P4 MBs that came back here and there that had gone bad that we replaced with on site spares. I don't think I ever had a problem getting boards back in less than a few weeks.

You were a huge customer. And - how long ago was that?

I had a P67 board that died after 2 years of a 3 year guarantee. I went through the RMA process and got the board back in like 8 days, and Christmas was somewhere in the middle of those 8 days. I was impressed.

If you buy the Republic of Gamers motherboard and if you have to RMA, it included overnight shipping back to you. I had to ship my motherboard in, and after the RMA they overnighted me a brand new one.

In the NA region, Pro, Deluxe, Premium and ROG boards are all X-ship on first RMA within first year (stock permitting).

In the NA region, Pro, Deluxe, Premium and ROG boards are all X-ship on first RMA within first year (stock permitting).

Problem is (at least in my experience) that info isn't anywhere on your support site. I could have looked in the wrong place, but it should be very obvious. I just double checked, going to the Americas site, clicking on support and then motherboard and RMA and there's nothing stating this information.

I had a P67 board that died after 2 years of a 3 year guarantee. I went through the RMA process and got the board back in like 8 days, and Christmas was somewhere in the middle of those 8 days. I was impressed.
It couldn't be 2 years, even if you would get P67 at first day of its release and RMAd it today it is hardly 1 year and 4 months.

Even with 600$ ROG mobo, Asus are awful to deal with... :(

My first Rampage IV was DOA after working only 10 minutes. Awful burning smell. Newegg exchange it, fast and easy. No problems. Newegg +1.

PCI latch on 4th slot exploded for no reason on my 2nd Rampage IV. Just gently sliding a card in it, pouf, exploded. For Asus, physical damage = you're screwd. You have to pay. After sending countless e-mails and phone calls, they agree to send a replacement. But i have to pay to repair the other one...

Receive the 3rd rampage.... brand new mobo, but.... with bent pins on the CPU socket. Sigh. Asus answer: ''it's impossible''. Sigh. So I asked them if next time I have to open the box they send me with my hand on the Bible, 3 witness and a lawyer while filming myself removing the plastic cover o the CPU socket??? Like I would lie about that...

So they send me another one. I sent the 2 defectives Rampage back to them. Tracking says delivered 2 days later, with signature form Asus employee. Got an e-mail last week asking if I had sent the 2 Rampages I had at home, since ''they didn`t get them''. Sigh. And my answer last week was: ''Yes, and someone at Asus signed for them, I have a proof you got them,:the signature with the tracking on the internet...''

So now I have 2X 600$ mobo floating on my credit card, Asus that are telling me they didn`t receive the 2 defective rampage IV, (but someone at Asus sign for them at the reception!), and they still want to charge me for repairs after all those trouble...

And still no confirmation from Asus they got the 2 defectives Rampage. No answers to my e-mails... Nothing. So they might charge me for the 2 mobos (since they are telling me they didn`t get them), or the repairs, or for everything. I don't know. :(

If it was over Christmas then the board must have been bought in 2009, maybe he meant P55.

You were a huge customer. And - how long ago was that?

We weren't even close to a huge customer - to be honest, I don't think I was any different than any normal end user. The real price breaks didn't start happening until you were selling 100 boards / month, and if you really wanted to be competitive, the real target was around 250 / month minimum.

That would have been roughly between 1998 and 2003.

I've RMA'ed stuff to Corsair, eVGA, Western Digital, and Microsoft.

Western Digital Sucks--I will never buy another drive after the BS they gave me with my raptor.
eVGA really shines, I've used their boards in two builds for work and they are holding up great. Cheap too.

I've RMA'ed stuff to Corsair, eVGA, Western Digital, and Microsoft.

Western Digital Sucks--I will never buy another drive after the BS they gave me with my raptor.
eVGA really shines, I've used their boards in two builds for work and they are holding up great. Cheap too.
What was your WD experience?

Back