Brent_Justice
Moderator
- Joined
- Apr 17, 2000
- Messages
- 17,755
sbrown23 said:In terms of Brent's comment about placing the PPU on the video card PCB, is that even possible? With vid cards already maxing out what power can be delivered to them via an x16 PCIe slot (not to mention AGP), could they stand having another piece of silicon added to the same PCB and requiring 25+ watts more power? It seems like vid cards will only grow in their thirst for power and that it might be more sensible to run this PPU on a separate x1 PCIe or standard PCI slot. I can see nVidia and/or ATi possibly getting into this tech and marketing their own PPUs, but I don't know if I can see them integrating it with vid card architectures.
sure, just throw on another external power connector, heh
power is becoming a huge problem though with hardware, all the latest cpu's, video cards etc.. are drawing huge amounts of power, and putting out large amounts of heat
i would rather see this as part of the video card myself though instead of a seperate add-in board