How far will the 780s drop in price when Maxwell hits?

greens

Limp Gawd
What's your guesstimate as to how far the price of current 780s will fall once Maxwell hits?

I've been working a new job for the past couple of months and have plenty set aside now to upgrade my GPU and monitor. Currently I'm still on a GTX275 with an old HP that runs 1280X1024. It's fine for non-demanding games such as TF2 and DOTA 2, but clearly can't handle new shit. I'm still debating on monitor at the moment but I'm almost positive that I'll be going with a 780. Tempted to buy today but I'm curious about the upcoming price drops from Maxwell.

Do you think they will be significant? Like I'm talking $100 significant? Will we actually see something like the EVGA ACX for $400 or less? Or are we simply talking $40-50? If the latter I'm buying now, but if we're talking $100 or more I'm waiting.

Could be a long wait for a little money. Give yourself a week or so if there aren't any good deals today. A coupon code or MIR will pop up before long.

Could be a long wait for a little money. Give yourself a week or so if there aren't any good deals today. A coupon code or MIR will pop up before long.
I'm still kicking myself for missing the MSI 780 for $420.
Need that masterpass again. :mad:

It sounds like the money will keep rolling in. If you're financially stable now, is it really worth waiting 8 months to save 100 dollars?

Keep saving until Maxwell 20nm parts are released, then just buy one. :cool:

Same boat here, I'm looking for a 780 right at $400 or under. Few and far between, but thats my max. I dont need it, but I would benefit from it. Hoping a good sale or MIR pops up soon, the clicker finger is itching.

Anyone have any leads or a card they want to offload at $400, let me know.:D

I think it's going to be a long while until we start seeing 780 class cards under $400. And if they do, it'll likely be a result of a few different Maxwell parts to choose from. I still say wait and keep saving up so you can grab a 20nm 800 series.

Well hell yes. I'll sell you by 570 for $400. :p

Are we talking Used or New because there is a huge difference. Used will get hammered pretty hard, New cards rarely drop with Nvidia despite newer generations coming out. One of the things that really annoys me about them especially with the higher-end models is the price will stay practically where it historical has for a long time. They know the game well enough to know how much to make and keep in inventory before they just stop, then it becomes a game of being a rare commodity so the price goes down slightly then over time skyrockets again.

With x70/x80 models I wouldn't hold my breath. There is a good chance you can get one in the $400's give or take a few bucks if you happen to follow things very closely for a long time to come. Just remember it took quite awhile for existing GTX 680 cards to come down to equal or slightly lower than a slightly faster GTX 770 which was selling for $100 less on Day 1.

Point taken.

Same boat here, I'm looking for a 780 right at $400 or under. Few and far between, but thats my max. I dont need it, but I would benefit from it. Hoping a good sale or MIR pops up soon, the clicker finger is itching.

In the same boat, $400 puts you smack dab between the 770 and the 780.
AMD is totally out of the question right now.

Rather than settle for a 770 and saving a little money I'm just gonna sit pretty until I can either get a 780 or a Maxwell for a good price.

I think it's going to be a long while until we start seeing 780 class cards under $400. And if they do, it'll likely be a result of a few different Maxwell parts to choose from. I still say wait and keep saving up so you can grab a 20nm 800 series.

Well hell yes. I'll sell you by 570 for $400. :p

:D
It is an upgrade over my 560:p

I'm still kicking myself for missing the MSI 780 for $420.
Need that masterpass again. :mad:

I picked up an open box Asus 780 DCII OC for $374 using Masterpass on Jan 3 from Newegg. Card is working like champ but didn't come with the original box.

I picked up an open box Asus 780 DCII OC for $374 using Masterpass on Jan 3 from Newegg. Card is working like champ but didn't come with the original box.
I couldn't MasterPass due to the stupid Holiday Bundle games.
Never occurred to me to check for Open Box. The longer this thread goes on the more and more clever people keep popping up!

You win this round, Blkout...

I couldn't MasterPass due to the stupid Holiday Bundle games.
Never occurred to me to check for Open Box.

You win this round, Blkout...

I got lucky, I should have bought more at that price, they had at least 6 or more available but I was too worried about getting a defective returned card.

Back