• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

How does this Opt 144 OC?

Alpha736

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
224
I'm looking at an Opteron 144 on zipzoomfly.com and i'm wondering if anyone knows how this specific model will OC. The model ZZF is listing is OSA144BNBOX. I'm hopping I can do 2.8 from 1.8, but that would be really lucky. I plan to use a thermalright XP-120 with a 110CFM 120mm fan on top of it. Please if anyone knows the stepping/rev of OSA144BNBOX let me know, and how it OCs, it doesn't cost much more than a 3200+ so hopefully if I can a 144 rather than a 3200+ it will OC better.
 
Opterons are generally great overclockers. IDK if you can expect a 1000MHz increase though, It is really hit or miss. You might get a great OCer, you might get a not so great. I have no experience with that specific model so I can't be anymore help.
 
That model number means nothing. Every retail 144 opty has it. When it shows up you can read off the stepping info, it's the second line on the chip is a five letter sequence, a four digit week/year code, and a four letter sequence. Post that and we can tell you how other chips from the same week/stepping are performing.
 
Meh, the 14x clockers are over. Only two really great ones were cabne0528-0530 and cabye0540 imo.
 
They still hit probably 2.6Ghz with some voltage. FX-55 speeds for $150.
 
My 144 is sitting at 2600 at 1.35v on air. It's 15 hour Prime stable, and I've been playing COD2 flawlessly. I earned this chip after that 4000+Claw that I had that would OC about 3 hertz :mad:
 
Back
Top