• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

How do you say "WU"?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
8,069
Do you say 'woo'? Or "Double-U U"? Or "Work Unit"?

I'm now calling them "Triple-U's"
 
woo....


Have you ever said this out loud to another person thou? Kinda silly to me.
 
In my head I say wuu. "u" pronounced the same as the u in rule. When I talk to other people I make sure to say "work unit".
 
Work Unit

i don't want to use something i have to explain more then i already have to.
 
marty9876 said:
woo....


Have you ever said this out loud to another person thou? Kinda silly to me.

That's what I say but you're right, it is kinda silly.
 
You know your a hardcore folder when you ask your friend how their Wu's are doing before asking about the wife and kids


:D
 
MrGuvernment said:
You know your a hardcore folder when you ask your friend how their Wu's are doing before asking about the wife and kids


:D
i think there is a thread for "you have it bad when...." somewhere....and i got one up...You check how there computer is doing folding before you say Hello :)

and i just say W U....you know...keep this a little on topic :)
 
Achhh.. a bunch of woo-begone folks if you ask me.....

RPhArrow --\\\----------------->
 
When reading WU is "woo."
When borging WU is "work unit."
When dreaming WU is "wife undresses."

 
I just realized that I hardly ever say it out loud. Interesting... I apologize for the double entendre (I didn't notice it myself until just now), but I pronounce it "Work-U". Bummer, now I have to find a new pronunciation.

Why couldn't Stanford pick a name that makes a nicer acronym? How about...
WP (pronounced "wip") = Work Packet
FP = Folding Packet
FU (heh) = Folding Unit
CF = Crunching Fodder/CPU Fodder/Computing Fodder
CPUC ("see-puck") = CPU Crusher (for those >1000 point WUs)

Let's hear your ideas for better acronyms!

 
I think they should officially start calling the larger work units "hard units", that way we could call them wu-hu's. Get it?


:rolleyes:
 
Ugh acronym overload, wu as in whooo FTW! :D

Don't forget we have our own DC Lingo!
 
Back
Top