How do you PRONOUNCE Cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boa Constrictor

Limp Gawd
Just wondering, is it "Ka-Che" or "Kash"?

Dunno where else to put it. Hehe, I remember trying to pronounce SCSI without knowing its Scuzzy :p

Originally posted by Boa Constrictor
I remember trying to pronounce SCSI without knowing its Scuzzy :p

Don't you hate sounding like an idiot? This happened to me too. My coworker said "You mean, scuzzy, right?" .... "No, SCSI.. er.. yeah scuzzy..."

sigh.

Oh, and yeah, $$$ no doubt. There's no other way to say it.

Remeber EISA...

It was either people called it "EEEE-ayesah" or "EEE-sah"...then you had me who called it "crap"....

Hmm always thought there was only one way to pronounce it, "Ka-Che".

I'm swedish tho.:cool:

I still cant understand why linux is pronounced "lin-ix", apparently its not "ly-nix"... how do you pronounce Linus Torvalds? ly-nis or lin-is

It's all about the $$$....

SCSI, yeah that one trips some people up.

And whenever I'm around the Mac diehards and I have to connect a Firewire device I always say i'm hooking it up to the AIIIEEEEEEE one thousand, three hundred and ninety four port. They HATE that. :)

Originally posted by usernamebetaken!!!
Wtf are you smoking!?

I dont smoke. But seriously... is it linn-ix or lie-nix. Linus was from a different country, and they talk different over there.

Wow all the replies and not one definition.

cache ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kash) (actually the a with the goofy u above it)

n.

A hiding place used especially for storing provisions.
A place for concealment and safekeeping, as of valuables.
A store of goods or valuables concealed in a hiding place: maintained a cache of food in case of emergencies.
Computer Science. A fast storage buffer in the central processing unit of a computer. Also called cache memory.

Originally posted by d03boy
I dont smoke. But seriously... is it linn-ix or lie-nix. Linus was from a different country, and they talk different over there.
haha. I don't know why that is funny but when I read it I just started laughing. :D
Anyway, it is commonly pronounced linn-ux. There was a sound clip floating around the internet a few years back of Linus himself saying his name and how he pronounced Linux. In any event, lie-nix is just plain wrong(although I'm sure we've all said it like that at one point or another).

It's linnn-ucks everyone knows that!

There's the others that are fun... PATA, SATA, EIDE, ATAPI. Hmm, so many more.

I've always pronounced GIF differently too.

I know there's a whole lot of words and things in photography that get murdered daily too.

I had called it Ka-Che for so long before my friends corrected me, the funnist one for me was when i said ooo-r-al (no not as in oral) for URL! it sounds so stupid now though!

Now I've heard a couple different pronounciations for asus. My friends and I all say a-suhs, but the asian guys at one of the computer shops we go to calls it a-soos. That's all I've heard.

I call Asus a (like in april)-sus. Sometimes I just like to say asses.

SQL...my friends and professors all call it sequel, but I call it S Q L.

okay...why do i have the stupidest tendecy to pronounce cache as CAKE.... ROFL. Don't ask, it might be because im Polish:p

Originally posted by angrybusdriver
If I were an Asus fan, I'd come back and call you an Abitch. :D

But I like both Asus and Abit, so.. bah :p

:D :D :D :D that was geat

but how is abit pronounced? a-bit like the letter "a" then "bit" or is it abit with the "a" as in apple?

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-
:D :D :D :D that was geat

but how is abit pronounced? a-bit like the letter "a" then "bit" or is it abit with the "a" as in apple?

From the top, how I do it (right or wrong:D)

Ay - soos

Ay - bit

Cash.

Scuzzy.

Sequel, and My S - Q - L.

Lenn-ucks.

"kash-ay" seems to refer to a different definition most of the time. At least with me, people use it for a military or strategic installation. Wonder why.

My friend cannot pronounce asus right, and he now has one of their boards. He says A-soose.

Abit's pretty easy.

call me whered but i pronounce it "cake" even tho its "kash" that sounds way to weird to me atleast.

... i think i read somewhere that's IEEE is 'supposed' to be pronounced "eye triple ee"

Originally posted by tim
... i think i read somewhere that's IEEE is 'supposed' to be pronounced "eye triple ee"

Yup, it is. But AIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE is more fun.

edit: man, I hope nobody quotes me on that

my friend, his dad, and everyone at a local computer store pronounce Asus Ay-soos and it just sounds weird. Ive always called it Ay-suss (kind of like "aces" i guess?). Whenever my neighbor used to talk about Scuzzy i had no idea he was referring to SCSI, which I used to pronounce "Es See Es Eye" :eek:

My problem is when people say DDR I don't know if I should start dancing or ask the timings. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back