how do you convert sound files?..mp3 to wav, ect.....

surfbug

Limp Gawd
waht is your favorite program to convert sound files?

I use windows media player, and my slow down software use mp3 format

(I play bass, so I need to learn songs or practice at a slower tempo to increase accuracy)

any suggestions?

thanks

allen

I have a slow down thing...

I need the converter....

wav to mp3

and other formats to mp3---stuff like that

I tried BLAZE MEDIA PRO

and

FREERIP and they dont do everything I need.....I want to be able to pull from a file as well, these only pull and convert from a cd....

thoughts?

al

***EDIT***

I'm rescinding my recommendation for MediaCoder based on the info provided by Showknight26

Last edited:
wow....that fubar thing look pretty sweet

hmmmmm still looking

the mediacoder thing looks good, but cant get it to run yet....maybe a restart of the old cpu...

and the dbpoweramp is cool, you can convert right from the file by right clicking the file...yay!

thats easy -- setup will prolly be fubar to play stuff--out with windows mediaplayer

mediacoder or dbpoweramp to convert

and the slow downer thing I have...(cant remember it right now..oh! TRANSCRIBE....thats it...)

thats it for now...thanks! 00000 I like the flashing vu meters and stuff in fubar., check it!

Sounds like you already decided, but I'd vote for super as well....that program is awesome. It'll convert anything I throw at it, to formats I never even heard of. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Sounds like you already decided, but I'd vote for super as well....that program is awesome. It'll convert anything I throw at it, to formats I never even heard of. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

k--- I will check it

I diddnt know that it actually was a selection! hahaha

here is a link

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

but I do like the fubar thing...very verry easy and quick to use check it out!

al

If you're comfortable with the command line, just download LAME.

I use Winamp, Foobar NEVER works completely for me. On any/all of my old Vista x64 installs, tags would be cut short for whatever reason. Now on 7, at first it worked as in Vista except the tag issue remained, and it outputs choppy/noisy/weird sounding files, but now the encoding is incredibly slow (0-1.5x vs. 60+ as it should be) and I can't figure out how to fix it.

So Winamp it is, doesn't support LAME but instead uses fraunhofer codec - I don't care, probably won't even be able to tell the difference and it actually works perfectly

Too bad, foobar is a great program, by far my favourite Windows music player, and it has handy stuff like the converter too.

Your tagging issue is probably because the files have ID3v1 tags to begin with, and foobar doesn't (I think, I use a different program for initial tagging) *add* new tag formats to a file, though it will modify any existing ones. ID3v1 has a 30 character limit on most fields. As far as your audio and encoding issues, I can't speak to those, I've never seen anything like that.

For Winamp you can just drop the lame_enc.dll somewhere (not sure where), and then I believe you can configure the built-in MP3 encoder plugin to use it instead of Fraunhofer.

Your tagging issue is probably because the files have ID3v1 tags to begin with, and foobar doesn't (I think, I use a different program for initial tagging) *add* new tag formats to a file, though it will modify any existing ones.

It can add ID3v2. Infact, it has a whole slew of ways you can tag.

Sorry my language wasn't perfectly clear. I didn't think that it added ID3v2 tags to files without them by default. It does, after I checked, appear to do so however. It's almost certain this is due to ID3v1 somehow though, the old tags may need to be removed for some players to recognize the ID3v2 properly or something similar.

SUPER

if you can figure out WHERE THE F#CK TO CLICK TO START THE FUGGIN DOWNLOAD@!!!!!!

tru

I found it , at the bottom of this page, after 20 mins of reading and clicking

http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

here is what it looks like.....

$$$$$$$$$$$

SUPER©.v2009.build.36(June.10,2009) FreeWare for Windows® Comes with a full Installer / Un-Installer package.

Download SUPER © setup file from our 4th dedicated server

$$$$$$$$$$$

trying it now

allen

wow! where do I start with this thing...hahahhaha is there a forum or a training site? it does everything....allen

Back