How do you categorize your Steam games?

tzhu07

Gawd
FAVORITES: games that are incomplete

COMPLETED: games that are completed (not necessarily 100%, but just end credits or bulk of game seen)

JUNK: games that are so crappy that I don't want to play them or finish them

I don't make use of the default GAMES folder.

I don't categorize them at all myself really.

I do create desktop shortcuts to games I have not finished or am currently playing.

The icon clutter reminds me to start working through my back log.

I don't categorize them at all myself really.

I do create desktop shortcuts to games I have not finished or am currently playing.

The icon clutter reminds me to start working through my back log.

That would drive me insane. I hate a cluttered desktop. I obsessively organize and clean my desktop.

I'm the same. I have no icons on my desktop at all.

+1. Only see my trash can. As far as categorizing goes, I just have everything alphabetical, and what I have installed is what I am playing.

I just have all the games installed and sitting there sorted alphabetically. I once tried organising them with favourites and stuff, but then I logged in from a different computer and it broke the organisation so I don't bother anymore.

Favorites
Adventure Games
Indie Games
Indie Platformer
Indie Puzzler
Indie Rhythm
Non-Steam
Racing
Strategy
Games

FAVORITES: games that are incomplete

COMPLETED: games that are completed (not necessarily 100%, but just end credits or bulk of game seen)

JUNK: games that are so crappy that I don't want to play them or finish them

I don't make use of the default GAMES folder.

I was only using my favorites now you got me interested. Yeah thats exactly what Id use thanks.

my current categories:
AAA
CoD
fear
Half-Life
indie
postapocalyptic
serious sam
valve
zombies

my indie group is ginormous and growing with all the humble bundles and indie royales... gonna have to further split that up soon

Remember buying and Don't Remember buying.

Because despite how often I look at the list, there's always something on there Im wondering when the hell I got it.

By genre. :) Right now I use favorites to keep track of my backlog and keep only a few games installed at a time.

I don't categorise... if I want to play something, I just get it from steam. I never keep all the stuff I bought on HDD. Maybe have 2-3 steam games now installed

I don't have that many games yet that would requires me to organize them :p

That would drive me insane. I hate a cluttered desktop. I obsessively organize and clean my desktop.

That's the point. They sit over there on the right monitor bugging me til I get around to them.

I tend to only keep the latest 10-15 games I bought installed, so I don't categorize them. I tend to launch them all straight from the Steam client using the "list" view.
However I'm also anal about the stupid-ass Windows game explorer. I use the Vista Game Explorer editor to give everything nice box art so it doesn't look quite so rough.
It still bothers me that MS half-assed that menu so badly and that it's so much trouble to edit it now.

I couldn't handle that. Especially since I have an over 100 game backlog.

That would be rough. My back log is a bit more manageable in size than that.

What are you doing still posting, don't you have some games you need to play. ;)

Back