Doing my research before clicking the button and plunging into my purchase for a SFF system, I've come to learn that the Silverstone 450w PSU that comes bundled with the one version of the case can be a whining, performance killing dud that can't be trusted over 300w. The alternative Silverstone 300w bundled PSU is said to be pretty good, but pushing either of these units over 80% of their rating isn't a good idea.
Rather than have you pick choose for me, I'd like to know how to add things up and determine which rails they go on, without resorting to some "magic" scripted web calculator. Newegg recommended 497w for my system, OuterVision eXtreme said 337w, with a minimum of 287w. Numbers numbers numbers, but where is the math behind them?
Build link: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17449986
Rather than have you pick choose for me, I'd like to know how to add things up and determine which rails they go on, without resorting to some "magic" scripted web calculator. Newegg recommended 497w for my system, OuterVision eXtreme said 337w, with a minimum of 287w. Numbers numbers numbers, but where is the math behind them?
Build link: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17449986