how do my temps look? e8500 and 4870

strider1

n00b
seems a bit high but maybe its just me.

idle: 47C core 0 48C core1

and then 4870 is 77C.

they seem a bit high

They do seem a bit high for idle... what are the temperatures under load look like?

What does the rest of your build look like?

Have you tried playing games and/or running burn-in software yet?

Have you tried reseating the (CPU) heatsink?

haven't done any load tests as I don't really know how to monitor temps under load. Would I just switch to desktop while playing a game and look at the temps?? Or is there a program that can log temps? I'm using CPUID Hardware Monitor.

gigabyte x48 ds4
4 gigs of gskill ram
cm 690 case
1 veliciraptor 300 gig hd, 1 dvd drive
corsair 1000w psu
im using a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 with retention bracket for the cpu heatsink

pretty basic setup so far.

Although on the CM case, I can't hookup the the front fan up because the wire is too short. How do I remedy this problem?? I want to add more fans but the mobo seems to only support 5 I think. it says theres a cpu_fan(4 pins), a sys_fan2(4 pins), sys_fan1(3 pins), pwr_fan(3 pins).

thens theres also a nb_fan(3 pins). The cpu fan, the side fan, and the back fan are hooked up already.

Although im not sure how to measure the cpu temps because I just loaded up Everest and it says the 2 core temps(which are the same as above) but then it measures just the CPU which is 27C

And know I haven't tried reseating the heatsink...you think I installed it wrong? or maybe I applied too little thermal grease??

And I tried running cs 1.6 but I think there's a problem with steam. I can't join a game online. I will try another game though.

Ok well I ran the video stress test in cs:s and I did it 4 times. This is what I got

however the first 2 times I were looking at the temps. they didn't really rise that high but I guess its because it wasn't too demanding :p

Download SpeedFan, which monitors the CPU, motherboard, and the case fans.

Does your front fan use a 3-pin motherboard adapter or a 4-pin Molex/PSU adapter? As for the fan, you could purchase extension cables and connection adapters at Xoxide, FrozenCPU, and Performance PCs (if you can't get them from NewEgg).

Everest should have some sort of program which you could use to stress-test your processor. You may also want to use Orthos or Prime 95 for that task.

About those numbers, what did CS:S label them as? For all we know, they could be either temps in Fahrenheit, which is weird because most monitoring software use Celsius, or frames per second.

wow i just realized how misleading that post could have been. Yeah those are the fps numbers not temps haha.

yeah the front fan using a 3 pin. All of the fans are 3 pins and so are all of the receivers on the mobo are also 3 pins. Do you know if I can buy extensions at bestbuy or radioshack?

77c at idle on the video card? Something is wrong there bro. Try seeing if the heatsink is not connected properly. If you're running 77c idle it could be hitting 100s full load.

oh is it? still seems high lol. is that what most people get?

is the cpu temp high or average???

and isn't there a hotfix or something to fix the speed of the fan???

Back