How do I stop this when I boot up? A8n-sli Premium.

Heshup

n00b
Hello, new here.

Just set up this new rig today and need to stop this when I boot up.

Press Ctrl+s or F4 to enter Raid utility.

I am not doing any kind of raid, just Sata.

Been through the bios and have not found a way to stop this.

Thanks for any input on this.

Setup sig.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does the same fix work for the A8N-Sli deluxe... It does the same thing, and I can't find out how to turn it off in the BIOS either. Slows down the POST "big time"

go into your bios. to go integrated perifrials, turn off the NVraid, and disable the Silicon Image SATA controller

lithium726 said:
go into your bios. to go integrated perifrials, turn off the NVraid, and disable the Silicon Image SATA controller

But if you do that, then I think the whole controller is turned off. The person said they still want to use the SATA ports, just not the RAID function. In all my days, I have never seen a way of turning this off unless you want it completely turned off...

You can turn off the SI controller and just use the Nvidia ports. I think there's a setting in there to tell the Nvidia ports to be SATA and non-RAID.

kirbyrj said:
You can turn off the SI controller and just use the Nvidia ports. I think there's a setting in there to tell the Nvidia ports to be SATA and non-RAID.

Unless you have 8 SATA drives then just disable the SI one, and use the NVRAID serial ports, I believe they are the black ones (Could be wrong) The reason I know this is because I wanted to get rid of that damn screen too so i just used the NVRAID ports and disabled the SI RAID ports and all was fine and dandy.

I have turned it off.

How I did it.

I have the three drives pluged into the NVIDIA nForce chipset. (The red ones) These are set to SATA by default.
The Silicon Image RAID is set to enabled by default.(The black ones)

Go to Adavanced/onboard/Silicon SATA controller and disabled it.
Then Adavanced/Nvraid Configuiatio/Raid Enable and make sure it is disabled.

This would be for SATA only with out any raid.

Now I have a fast clean boot with out any of the screens that Asus likes for you to look at or logos. I don't need a bunch of test or screens to tell me that something be wrong. One will know when it happens.

Thanks for the input on this as it help ti figure it out.

Stone

Back