How do I remove a Windows WIRED network password

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Google comes up with a jillion references to WIRELESS network and nothing for wired.

I have a TrueNAS box that Windows is seeing as "truenas" even tho the host name is "Scale". Linux shows it properly. I need to remove the password Windows 7 has stored for "truenas".

TIA

So your looking to force Windows to forget a previously entered password for a network share?

If so, you can clear save network share passwords via Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Network shares should be at the top of the list. From there you can edit the entry or just remove it so Windows prompts you for the password when you try to connect.

So your looking to force Windows to forget a previously entered password for a network share?

If so, you can clear save network share passwords via Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Network shares should be at the top of the list. From there you can edit the entry or just remove it so Windows prompts you for the password when you try to connect.

Thank you sir.

You can use the "network" reset feature in Windows, to nuke all of your network settings. It also uninstalls and then re-installs your network drivers.

Back