How do I lock 2d Clock speeds?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 201992
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 201992

Guest
AMD Gpu Clock tools doesn't recognize my 5870. My card overclocks fine but these damn power saving features makes my desktop near unusable. ATI Tray tools seems to be failing as well.
 
Windows aero, regardless or not if its on. It messes up my screen when I'm in 2d clock mode. MY OC works in game but then on the desktop it flashes like crazy
 
Optimally I would like to lock them at the stock 3d clocks and then my oc runs for games. I couldn't care less about the measly power savings.
 
doesn't work 2.24c is only for less than 5870 cards.
 
Get MSI AFterburner and enable the unofficial overclocking method in the config file. Change the 0 to a 1. This locks the clock to whatever you have it set at. It will not throttle the clock down. You can also run custom fan profile and adjust voltage.
 
doesn't work 2.24c is only for less than 5870 cards.

2.25 is supposed to work when it comes out. What they need is a 2d clock option and profile in Afterburner which I personally like better then Riva Tuner. Unwinder wrote both and EVGA precision tool.
 
The CCC used to keep the clocks at 100%.

Open it up, and see if it still does the same thing (by just being open).
 
Get MSI AFterburner and enable the unofficial overclocking method in the config file. Change the 0 to a 1. This locks the clock to whatever you have it set at. It will not throttle the clock down. You can also run custom fan profile and adjust voltage.

I have tried this and it certainly works. I've been having massive issues when aero was on, as well as some other issues with starting games and video playback and since I've tried this I haven't had any issues. The gpu does get a lot hotter though, so i guess powerplay has its advantages. (from an average 35 celsius it raised me to 53 celsius.)
 
That's very odd.
My 5870 has no problems with the W7 desktop when throttled down.
Are you sure there isn't some background program messing things up???
 
That's very odd.
My 5870 has no problems with the W7 desktop when throttled down.
Are you sure there isn't some background program messing things up???

I doubt it was a background program, given that the problems started the moment I first booted the computer, when it had nothing except a fresh windows install.
 
I doubt it was a background program, given that the problems started the moment I first booted the computer, when it had nothing except a fresh windows install.

Yowz!!!!

Then I guess the 0 to 1 thing is the way to go.:D
 
I have tried this and it certainly works. I've been having massive issues when aero was on, as well as some other issues with starting games and video playback and since I've tried this I haven't had any issues. The gpu does get a lot hotter though, so i guess powerplay has its advantages. (from an average 35 celsius it raised me to 53 celsius.)

I asked over at Guru3d if Unwinder will add 2d clocks and seperate 2d/3d profiles to MSI Afterburner.. hopefully he will add it. I think this all stems from a power play issue.


Well I tried...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3361020&posted=1#post3361020
 
Last edited:
I asked over at Guru3d if Unwinder will add 2d clocks and seperate 2d/3d profiles to MSI Afterburner.. hopefully he will add it. I think this all stems from a power play issue.


Well I tried...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3361020&posted=1#post3361020

Hmm, I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but doesn't msi afterburner have seperate 2d/3d profiles? I admit the settings for those can't go too low, but atleast it's something. I'm currently using a 2d profile of 700/1050 and a 3d profile of 866/1214.
 
Hmm, I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but doesn't msi afterburner have seperate 2d/3d profiles? I admit the settings for those can't go too low, but atleast it's something. I'm currently using a 2d profile of 700/1050 and a 3d profile of 866/1214.

I tried that and my 2d clocks are still getting throttled down. Guess I need to enable unofficial overclocking to get it working right.
 
Last edited:
furmark is a go. thank you to whoever mentioned this ;)
 
Back
Top