How do I check my CPU temps (WIN 10 Pro)?

SLP Firehawk

Limp Gawd
Soon to have a new PC with Win 10 Pro and I've never used Win10.
How do I monitor my CPU temp?
Will be a Threadripper and plan to change out cooler but first I want to see how hot it runs before and after.

Several different programs can do it. One of the most used and trusted is HWiNFO64. There is also NZXT CAM, MSI Afterburner, and a ton of others.

If you're looking for a solution baked in to Windows, pretty sure there isn't one.

Thank you. Any preference? I don't mind paying a moderate cost but I don't want bloatware, viruses or stuff to slow down my system. I'd just like to be able to check my temps occassionally when I want to.
I'd actually like to check my temps on my old Win7 PC as well as my new WIN10 PC

MSI Afterburner is also used to overclock your GPU, and has a few different skins with real time graphing of temps. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

All of the aforementioned software is free, and most if not all are not filled with bloat.

HWinfo64 is one of the best and what I use but it looks a bit overwhelming if you do not know what you are looking for, there is so much stuff and it shows readings from every single little sensor your rig has. HWMonitor is a more simple program and it shows things that matter to most people for quick readings.

I installed HWinfo64 on my cheap laptop with WIN8.1 as a test and it works great but it will not install on my WIN7 64 Pro PC. Says I have to install some other thing first because it's not supported. I'll have to look again at the exact error message

Thought most of the MB manufacturers had CPU temp tools in the system software? My Asus system has one in the Overclocking section.

Thank you. I DL coretemp the other day and it works on all my machines.
I thought there was a MB built in tool also, but the only way I've been able to access it was when booting. So I don't know

Back