How Did Blue Become So Dominate?

I'll readily concede I have elitist tendencies over certain things like music or film, but colors?

He was talking about blue light, not blue color itself. And sorry, but blue lights are becoming so common that is begins to look ugly.

He was talking about blue light, not blue color itself. And sorry, but blue lights are becoming so common that is begins to look ugly.
I was being tongue-in-cheek. I understand that the point is really that blue lighting is overused. Personally I like blue a lot, but I'm a little bored with it so I ordered some red and white LEDs the other day. I have my blue CCFLs on one of the switches on my fan controller already, plus a couple spare channels, so I'll put the new lights on there too and then I can just pick whatever I happen to be in the mood for. :D

It's like indy music - as soon as any one thing becomes to popular, everybody who loved it originally cries "overused" and moves onto the next least used thing. :p

I find white cathodes/leds a refreshing color.. especially in contrast with red. Plus hardly anyone uses white from what I see.

Here's the kikboxes case I won, and I did the build for my brother. It turned out nice. (the case is now for sale btw..)

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

Orange Peel FTL.

Orange Peel FTL.

Hehehe, I was thinking the same thing. Never seen such gnarly orange peel. I was biting my tongue, though. Tongue biting over.

Hardcore sags on the sidepanel right around the corner from the top screw of the exhaust fan too!

I've seen (and done) worse, though.

I like black cases and blue lights as my antec 900 is that way... and if I decided to get the thermaltake armor lcr I would get it in black with blue led

my trailblazer is blue
my camaro is blue
my old iroc is blue
my house is blue
my new carpet I had added to my rec room is blue
my sons room is blue
gonna paint my truck soon - yeah blue

so blue is my favorite color.....

and im waiting for it... no my b@lls are not blue :D

Green is a sick colour.
Green is a soothing color, thats why all the hospitals are painted in some shade of green.

Wikipedia: In some cultures, green symbolizes hope and growth, while in others, it is associated with death, sickness, or the devil.

So you are right and you are not right at same time. It depends on country.

I.. don't know why I chose all blue LEDs for my case... Although they DO match my G15, the light on the control panel for the Z-5500s, and my router lights... Six blue LED fans is just too much though.. I sleep with it only a foot from my bed and I have to cover my head with a pillow to sleep at night ;) But they are pretty...

id really like to see orange. Everyone is stuck in the color spectrum that consists only of red, green, blue, blacklight, and white.

id really like to see orange. Everyone is stuck in the color spectrum that consists only of red, green, blue, blacklight, and white.
Me to. I'm actually thinking of putting UV CCL's and orange LED fans in my V2000. It would look sharp. :)

I'd like to have some soft purple or violet LED's for my next build, but I won't pay extra for it. If they're available, great, if not, no lights. Easy enough.

I was suprised when I found out that the power led for my Lian Li case was blue. My last case was green. The only negative part is that at night, it distracts from the case. It overpowers the red hard drive light, and it's little to strong to stair at for a while.

IMAGE_227.jpg

i like white black and purple,
yes i kno it was over exposed. looks like vitamin water in there tho

I've kind of been wanting some yellow LEDS... None really to be found though. I'm guessing that the color doesn't translate very well. *le sigh*

Blue looks good with black, but I also agree that it is way overdone. I used blue for a while but got tired of it quickly and have been using red for some time. The red blends better with my wooden case and oak roll top desk.

I got a Razor copperhead last year and the only thing that annoyed me was that it was green and not blue, since everything else in my case is blue (tt armor with 4 120mm fans). I also had a blue light kit for a while but that didn't last long, i couldn't sleep at night it was so bright.

Back