How Bad is Your Backlog?

Signal

Limp Gawd
Mine is pretty bad, I'm about 6 games behind on 360, 8 or so behind on the Wii, and about 20 behind on PS3. Target clearances and other deals I find on CheapAssGamer tend to keep the games rolling in way faster than I can complete them.

I find that I've been doing better about completing games one or two at a time instead of starting a bunch and eventually losing track of what is happening in them. My goal is to knock out 24 games minimum this year. I'm at a good pace for that so far since I'm about to complete games 3 and 4 for the year.

I think achievements/trophies are kind of a curse and blessing for me this generation. I like it because I can look and see that I've got my money's worth out of a game, but I also find that it makes me spend longer on a game because it's turned me into a completionist.

So, how is your backlog?

I haven't had a poo in two days!

Sorry, games. I'm about 5 games behind, played MW2 lots so things start to backlog quickly

Fallout 3 DLC
FEAR 2
ME 2
DA : O
STALKER CoP

I avoided the Steam sales as I knew I wouldn't get the time

I have 136 steam games of which I've beaten about 5 and instead of finishing Dead Space like I promised myself I just started Icewind Dale II.

I have yet to play ANY of the Steam guys I bought over Xmas. And then there's the retail games I've bought and not touched.

And now I have a 3 game PS3 backlog on top of that.... I need a vacation.

Torchlight
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Oblivion: Shivering Isles(yep, never went through the portal)
Sacred 2

Hell and I STILL need to buy Batman: AA

I still have 5-6 game I've bought but haven't played yet. Darn Steam Sales.

I have yet to play or finish these in any combination:

1. Grid
2. The Witcher
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Mirror's Edge
5. Dawn of War II
6. Dawn of War + All Expansion
7. Bioshock (got stuck at the part where you have to pick a rose or some shit)
8. Company of Heroes
9. Titan Quest + Immortal Throne
10. Red Faction II
11. I never got very far in Oblivion
12. STALKER : SoC
13. STALKER : CS

After viewing this list, I am now further frustrated...

The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on dark Athena
wheelman
Cryostasis
STALKER Clear Sky
Tomb Raider underworld
Dead Space
Fallout 3 (played about 50%)
Far Cry 2 (played about 50%)
Dreamfall Longest Journey (need to go back and finish this)
Bully
Ghostbusters
Dirt 2 (about 50% through)
Mass Effect (about 50% through)
Overlord (nearly done)
Overlord Raising Hell
Overlord II
Red Faction Guerrilla
Crysisi Warhead
Both CoH expansions
Batman AA
Bioshock 2

i just cant remember all of them...but here is my PC list

now playing titan quest

have to finish overlord pack
need to play :
rollercoaster tycoon 3
evil genius
psychonauts
trine
machinarium
zombie driver
tomb raider anniversary
aaaaaaaah a reckless disregard for gravity

Torchlight
Sacred 2

Ah yeah, Batman AA, add that to my list too

Torchlight
Sacred 2

For what its worth according to my steam I knocked Defense Grid out in 10 hours and I play games really slow. If you wanna get that one out of the way it can be beaten in a free afternoon.

This is the reason I don't buy games until I have time to play them. By the time you get around to playing them, you can buy em off the discount rack rather than pay full price to sit on the shelf for a year.

I bought 4 PC games which I haven't opened, the oldest being 3 years.

For the PS3: GT5 Prologue,GTA 5 still in the original packaging

360: gears of war 2 still in the original packaging

I don't even know why I buy games anymore.

My backlog:
5+ game for Wii
10+ for PS3
20+ for PS2
30+ for PC
10+ for PSP
10+ for Playstation

The following games I am currently playing:
Forza 3, Borderland, Ratchet and Clank in Time

I have way too much of a backlog, but work and college are preventing me from really working on them.

Mass Effect 2 (been sitting on my desk since launch)
Fallout 3 GoTY (Probably about 10% done, lol)
Batman Arkham Asylum
DiRT 2
Assassins Creed II
Torchlight
Mirrors Edge
Portal
Shadow Complex
Bioshock 2

Thankfully I finally finished Modern Warfare 2. Beat it in 7 and a half hours on Veteran this weekend. I had a goal in mind and shockingly pulled through with it quickly, lol. I must say that it was a thriller. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Once you start Batman, IMO you will want to complete it. It really pulls you in.

Let's just say there's a lot of stuff I haven't finished/played. I'm a couple hours into the original Bioshock, for example. I've only played the single game (Batman) from the Eidos pack. Etc etc. My Xbox is even worse, and somehow I felt that getting Blockbuster's Game pass was a good idea to work on that.

Replaying Titan Quest for the billionth time isn't helping my backlog.....

Mine's pretty bad too. I still buy games like I'm a kid with minimal time commitments. Sadly these days between work, house maintenance, and social commitments I just don't have enough time to complete them.

To make matters worse I always end up re-playing some of my favorites instead of playing new ones. Sometimes I look at my backlog of games and it looks like work. Am I getting too old for gaming?

That's pretty much all I've got left. Don't know if I'll bother, it always ends up feeling way too boring for me :( Tried playing with a friend but his rig couldn't really handle the game, wasn't fun for him.

Are we actually talking about games we own and haven't played yet?
Cause I can go on listing games forever that I want to play.

But you guys have me beat, I only got a 3 or 4 games that I bought and haven't started yet. I like to take my time with games, and I don't mean getting every achievement and trophy, I just find that tedious. But I do like to play every inch of the story line and sidequests.

Mine... is painful. I stocked up during Steam's Christmas sale... yeah. This'll be a while. And I barely spent anything too! All those $2-$5 games did me in.

Games I own but haven't finished

Doom 3
Farcry
Farcry 2
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Battlefield Vietnam
Half Life 2 episode 1
Mass Effect (currently playing)

XBOX 360
Force Unleashed
Gears of War 2
Marvel Alliance

Not home right now, but these are the ones I can think of.

To make matters worse I always end up re-playing some of my favorites instead of playing new ones. Sometimes I look at my backlog of games and it looks like work.

I do the same exact thing, I'll go back and play a favorite instead of playing one of the many games I have still in the plastic wrap.

Assassin's Creed I/II
GTA IV
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
UT3
S.T.A.L.K.E.R - SoC
S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Clear Sky
Jade Empire
Killing Floor
Shattered Horizon

Grid
Dirt
GTR Evolution
Race On
Ghostbusters
Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific Gold
X3 Gold
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
Sins of A Solar Empire GOTY
Stalker Clear Sky
World in Conflict
Battlestations Pacfici
Warhammer Battlemarch
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts
Campny of Heroes Tales of Valor
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
Left 4 Dead 2
Brothers in Arms Hellshighway
FarCry 2
Dragon Age
Mass Effect
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
Fallout 3 GOTY

It's just too much to list. It's got to be close to 100 games across all platforms (non 360/PS3. I haven't bought either yet). Steam sale and warehouse deals (or other super cheap, Prime shipped games from Amazon).

Mines pretty huge since not only am I a pc and console gamer I also enjoy MMO's :eek: Between raiding in World of Warcraft (2-3 nights a week 2-3 hours each), casually playing Star Trek Online and some multiplayer shooters off and on my back log is huge.

Right now I'm working my way through Mass Effect 1 with the plan to go right into Mass Effect 2 after. Next game on the list after that will probably be Uncharted 2 or Bioshock 2 (originals were great). I think the last game I finished was Wolfenstein (didn't review very well but I liked it!).

37 Steam games and have only beaten 2.

Wanted to grab the latest batch of games released in the last couple of months but haven't had the money to buy them.

I just finished Planescape: Torment. Great game! Can't wait to play Neverwinter Nights. True story.

Consider the advantage of a long backlog: you'll have final patches (and in some cases community patches) that resolve most of the bugs that ship with the original.

I've got over 40 games in my backlog, and unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll be getting too much smaller in the near future.

My list includes:

World in Conflict
Company of Heroes
Civ4
Assassins Creed
Crysis Warhead
Ghostbusters
GTA 5
Grid -----------------started this one
Stalker SOC

I just finished Planescape: Torment. Great game! Can't wait to play Neverwinter Nights. True story.

Consider the advantage of a long backlog: you'll have final patches (and in some cases community patches) that resolve most of the bugs that ship with the original.

I just finished Neverwinter Nights and the expansions in December. I thought it was well worth the time it took. And now I can finally move on to Kotor, too.

No backlog here. I'm patiently waiting for my copy of ME2 to come in the snow today (had a gift certificate from Amazon.) Also waiting for Dragon Age Awakening expansion. Was disciplined enough not to buy Bioshock 2 yesterday so I'm playing Batman AA a fourth time -- on hard. Saves me money.:D

My backlog is huge..

Still havent finished games I bought 2-3 years ago. ugh.. this thread makes me cry on the inside

Uh, yeah, I kinda have ALL of you beat.

I am still looking for games to add to my backlog. Most of those games in that list are only 2008-2009 games. I'd like to play the most popular games from Doom 3 up until 2008 as well but not many suggestions. Please post there and help fry my brain with more backlogged games that I might have overlooked. ;)

Back