Hotlinking from frontpage ?

MindBuster

2[H]4U
No one likes hotlinking when its not allowed, but would hotlinking from the frontpage (hardocp) and posting the picture on these forums be considered a no go ?

Would come in handy when discussing articles on the frontpage.

Guess it doesnt matter, but might aswell ask first (although i did it once :eek: )

Since OCP and the Forums are located on different servers, it would still considered 'stealing' bandwidth....kinda like robbing Peter to pay Paul. The server loads are figured for the expected flow of traffic and having a hotlink to a forum of 25k (and growing) members isn't the best of ideas even if we are the same organization. You can post a referral link, but please no hotlinks :)

You can hotlink our images, I have no problem with that at all.

Can we hotlink HardOCP's to images to other places also? Or is this just ok for the HardForum?

Over on my clan's site we have a forum and there's always somebody making the wrong decision on buying something, and I like to set them straight with a link to an article and a couple of benchmark pictures to get them interested. Friends don't let friends buy a FX5200 for playing BFV :D

Either way it's pretty generous thing to let users "steal your bandwidth"

Met-AL said:
Can we hotlink HardOCP's to images to other places also? Or is this just ok for the HardForum?

Over on my clan's site we have a forum and there's always somebody making the wrong decision on buying something, and I like to set them straight with a link to an article and a couple of benchmark pictures to get them interested. Friends don't let friends buy a FX5200 for playing BFV :D

I would probably venture to say that its better in that circumstance to link to the page with a description. That way its not hogging the bandwidth. This is just what I figure, but if Kyle says other wise.

Met-AL said:

I would ask that you NOT hotlink our images at other forums or sites. Host those yourself please.

Back