Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Is anyone else looking forward to Hot Shots Golf 5 (Out of Bounds), set to be released on March 18th? I was a fan of the original games for the Playstation but haven't played the series since. Did anyone import the Japanese version and if so, what did you think?

You can download the demo off the japan PSN. I thought it was pretty fun.

yer i love all the hot shots games, looking forward to the new psp one aswell

I hadn't considered downloading the Japanese demo. I wonder if one will be released here in North America shortly.

Edit: I just spent the last 30 minutes setting up a Japanese account to find that the demo was a limited time thing. Guess I'll have to wait for release.

I picked this game up today, haven't played it yet though. Reading through the manual one thing stuck out:
Online Manners:

Golf is a sport invented in England, which means that proper manners between golfers should be given priority even over score.

I wonder how the Scottish feel about Japan giving credit for inventing golf to the Brits?

I picked this game up today, haven't played it yet though. Reading through the manual one thing stuck out:

I wonder how the Scottish feel about Japan giving credit for inventing golf to the Brits?

Was Scotland it's own country at the time of it's invention? I know nothing on the subject at hand =\.

I wanted to pick this up, however I really need to save a bit of cash. Also, I won't have an HDTV in my room for another month or so, so I'm sure I'll appreciate the game much more when I get it. So I'm going to be receiving this through Goozex instead. Hopefully I get it within a few weeks. Can't wait!

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize this was out, I still play Hot Shots Golf for the PSP

Fry's has this at $49.99. I didn't pick it up though because I know I won't get around to playing it. Too many games and too little time.

I've played one round and so far it's great. Basically the same Hot Shots formula with better graphics which is fine with me. I'll have to give it a try online later tonight.

Ahh dammit what the hell. Screw Goozex. I'm picking this up today =D.

One thing that's apparently awesome in the online play: quitters get temporarily barred from entering tournaments (something like 24 hour ban). I don't care if it penalizes a few people that have their connection drop or something like that (although it might not anyways), as long as it stops quitters, I'm friggin happy.

Ahh dammit what the hell. Screw Goozex. I'm picking this up today =D.

One thing that's apparently awesome in the online play: quitters get temporarily barred from entering tournaments (something like 24 hour ban). I don't care if it penalizes a few people that have their connection drop or something like that (although it might not anyways), as long as it stops quitters, I'm friggin happy.

that's awesome, and I think more games need built-in penalties like that.

I loved Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee for the psp.

I am so picking this up today. I loved the PSP version. I downloaded the Tiger Woods demo on PSN and hated it.

So are you guys using the advanced or classic swing methods? I prefer classic as I find it more accurate, but the distance bonus that advanced gives makes me think it will require mastering to be competitive online eventually.

So I've been reading a bit and it seems 8 players can simultaneously be on the course and play in non tournament mode. Does this have 2 player offline?

Picked it up at EB (yeah I know...but they're conveniently located just outside my work). Going home in an hour and playing this game to death =D. Sadly, though, the Metal Gear Solids will steal my time once my damn EB or BestBuy gets The Essential Collection in stock (going to be my first time playing through the MGS).

awesome game, picked up on day 1 and it's getting a lot of luv... I'm beating the single mode first, although I already played a tourney online and it was great

PSN: Bazylik666 if you wanna go for some online golfing.

It's a great game, that's for sure. I played it a ton this weekend, I'm trying to unlock everything before going online as well. I think I still have a few courses and 5 or 6 characters still to unlock.

You really don't need to unlock everything to compete online. I've done probably a dozen tournaments online and have managed 1st and 2nd in a few 50 person ones. Expect the top players to be at least -9 in most 9 holes on the easier courses. Usually -10 or -11.

I just opened bronze in single player.

So I've been reading a bit and it seems 8 players can simultaneously be on the course and play in non tournament mode. Does this have 2 player offline?

Offline multiplayer is 2 people for match play and 4 people for stroke play. This can be with just one controller or multiple if you have them.

Back