HOT Sennheiser HD650 $319

you might not care but the two are significantly different in size. it's just something to consider from an aesthetics standpoint.

Thanks for the heads up, a special thanks to you Porter for being so helpful! I think it will look pretty sweet, I will just stack the smaller Modi on top. Probably going to be a bit before I can afford it. I haven't even listened to my HD 650's yet, I'm saving it for when I can power them properly. It is killing me just seeing them sitting in my closet. One last question, do I need a special cord to plug the asgard into the back of my motherboard ?

Thanks for the heads up, a special thanks to you Porter for being so helpful! I think it will look pretty sweet, I will just stack the smaller Modi on top. Probably going to be a bit before I can afford it. I haven't even listened to my HD 650's yet, I'm saving it for when I can power them properly. It is killing me just seeing them sitting in my closet. One last question, do I need a special cord to plug the asgard into the back of my motherboard ?

If you want to plug the Asgard into your motherboard, then your motherboard will be doing the DAC. You said you were going to get a Modi. If so, then you will plug the modi into your computer via USB. Then you plug the Modi into the Asgard with an RCA cable.

If you want to plug the Asgard into your motherboard, then your motherboard will be doing the DAC. You said you were going to get a Modi. If so, then you will plug the modi into your computer via USB. Then you plug the Modi into the Asgard with an RCA cable.

Gotcha, that makes more sense now. Sorry for all the newb questions guys. I just want to make sure on things before I drop $350 in hardware.

Good Choice. I got the Modi Dac last week to go with my Gilmore Lite AMP / DPS. Really Great. Originally i had gone out of the RCA's on a Soundblaster Titanium HD but there was way too much static and noise put on the line from having the soundcard inside the computer.

I am surprised to hear that. My Titanium HD sounds pretty good, and I have not heard anything negative about these cards.

It is one of the few PC sound cards that actually gets consistently praised.

I own the Titanium HD and ZxR. Neither produce any static. The ZxR is an excellent option for the HD 650 if you primarily listen through the computer.

Back