HOT: Seasonic X Series X-850W Gold Modular PSU $129 before MIR @ NE

ccityinstaller

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys,

Just pulled the trigger on this Seasonic X Series X850W GOLD Modular PSU..NE has it on sale for $169, and a $40 Promo Code (EMCXVWV28) brings it down to $129.99...

There is a $20 MIR, bringing the total price down to $110! Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the Corsair AX750W for $127 last night!

Last edited:
I grabbed the same deal on this power supply just last month on NE. Nice to see it again for the same price after MIR.

Great PSU!

Hm....I'm planning a haswell build when they are released...maybe I should bite on this...

Just grabbed this. I've been planning a new build for a while now, and although I'm pretty sure I don't actually need 850W for what I'm building, I figure I should be set for a while with this one.

I believe Seasonic has updated all of their X-series power supplies to the KM3 version, which is superior to the original models being used in the AX series.

I believe Seasonic has updated all of their X-series power supplies to the KM3 version, which is superior to the original models being used in the AX series.

Everything I could find points to this as well..The updated design and extra 100W is what made it such a great deal compared to the AX750 @ $127!

btw I did pick one of these up as well. thanks OP!

Sure thing! Mine is do to come tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest! NE shipped it out late last night, and since it came outta the NJ warehouse it's only a single day transit for $5..Best of all a buddy of mine is picking up my current Corsair TX850 for $65, which is what made this deal lava hot for me!:cool:

Dag nabbit! Just finished redoing the cable management for my ax750. :( the poor zip ties! oh well, at least it'll be faster this time, maybe...

E
Sure thing! Mine is do to come tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest! NE shipped it out late last night, and since it came outta the NJ warehouse it's only a single day transit for $5..Best of all a buddy of mine is picking up my current Corsair TX850 for $65, which is what made this deal lava hot for me!:cool:

mine says it gets delivered tomorrow too, even though I got the egg saver shipping... not sure if srs. :p

mine says it gets delivered tomorrow too, even though I got the egg saver shipping... not sure if srs. :p

Mine arrived today, ad I gotta say I am BLOWN away by the quality of the packaging alone! Even NE shipped it in a large, well padded box..

My actual PSU box did not have a seal on it, and I thought it might have been used, but after looking closely I cannot see any area where a seal might have been removed..Once I opened the PSU up itself, it didn't have nary a fingerprint on it, so I am pretty sure Seasonic just didn't bother placing a seal on the box...If anyone else gets one that has a seal on it, can you PLEASE take a picture of it for me before you open it?

I bought a Seasonic 660W Platinum a couple of weeks ago, and there was no seal on that PSU box.... I believe that they normally do not put a seal on them.

no seals or walruses on mine either. very nice packaging like you said though...

why would there be a seal on the PSU box?

http://imgur.com/bsFJm

:p

that seriously made me LOL...I didn't expect that, and glad I swallowed my drink before I clicked it:p..This PSU is such a beast..The fan stays off with my 3770K @ full load, and only barely turns on when my gpu is loaded as well...Sooo much quieter then the TX850 it replaced:D..

Man, it's so sweet pulling quality equipment like this out of a velvet bag like the ship their power supplies in. It's like high end liquor but better.

Just got mine today as well. No seals here but damn if this PSU isn't sexy as hell. I almost don't want to use it.

You guys are making me want to call in sick to work tomorrow so I can install this sucker when it arrives.

Man, it's so sweet pulling quality equipment like this out of a velvet bag like the ship their power supplies in. It's like high end liquor but better.

I gotta saw I was extremely impressed with their packaging..I installed mine tonight and with the fan set to "Hybrid" Mode, the fan is turned off even with my gpu running @ 100% (334W load)..When I load the cpu as well (434W), the fan is dead SILENT and is barely spinning..There is hardly any air coming out of the PSU, and what little that does come out is completely cool...My TX850W would be helicopter mode at this point!

lol, that's exactly what I thought of... just like some crown royal. :)

Can someone confirm that all the cabling is solid black under the black mesh? Please and thank you

Can someone confirm that all the cabling is solid black under the black mesh? Please and thank you

there is only black mesh on the main mobo cable, but yes all the cabling is black. the other cables are ribbon, and also completely black.

I bought an X750 in November that automatically switches between hybrid or normal fan control.
Are they now they're updated with a switch on the back?

I bought an X750 in November that automatically switches between hybrid or normal fan control.
Are they now they're updated with a switch on the back?

Mine has the normal on-off switch that's accessible from the outside of the case and another switch between normal/hybrid operations on the backside of the psu accessible from the inside of the case.

Got my PSU today, and unfortunately it came with a nice big gouge in the side of the shipping box courtesy of UPS. It doesn't look like there's any obvious damage to the PSU itself, but it does look like it took a pretty significant hit somewhere along the way. Fortunately I'm still waiting on the rest of my components for the new system, but I'm a little wary of using this one now.

Got my PSU today, and unfortunately it came with a nice big gouge in the side of the shipping box courtesy of UPS. It doesn't look like there's any obvious damage to the PSU itself, but it does look like it took a pretty significant hit somewhere along the way. Fortunately I'm still waiting on the rest of my components for the new system, but I'm a little wary of using this one now.

Man, I wouldn't stress it if it powers up fine (if you are testing it with the paperclip method, make SURE you realize the fan will NOT spin without a significant load on it)..These are supposed to be built like a tank, and they sure feel like it..

Are you guys using the hybrid or normal fan control?

I am using "Hybrid" Mode since I am a noise freak, but I gotta admit I am a bit freaked out that with a 434W load (~50% of its rated power) that the fan is barely moving and I can just barely feel a tiny bit of air coming out of it..I guess I am so used to the hurricane force of warm air that came outta my TX850 with the exact same load..

Also forgot to mention that this thing pulls a solid 41W less @ 100% system them my TX850 (474W) did...Another nice bonus!

Hmm... Does anyone know definitively which of the codes on the box we mail in with the rebate? One is a slim sticker marked S/N, the other is a slim code printed on the cardboard box...

:confused:

Planning on building a computer at the end of 2013... Considering these go on sales pretty often, I probably should hold on to my money for now.

Hmm... Does anyone know definitively which of the codes on the box we mail in with the rebate? One is a slim sticker marked S/N, the other is a slim code printed on the cardboard box...

:confused:

This is directly from the rebate form:

Mail this form with the original EAN code from the product's package and the receipt or packing list (original or photocopy).

And the form also shows a sample, so the answer would be the EAN barcode....

Back