I have an Intel Q6600 overclocked to 3ghz but I just cannot get the temps under load down below 70-80C (with prime)! I have tried everything I can think of. Do I just have a hot q6600 and i'll never get the temps down? thats all i can think of now.
things i've tried...
lapped the cpu - no effect
scythe ninja mini cooler - fans in all different configurations - no effect
artic silver 5 - applied correctly but no effect
changed airflow in the case (antec fusion) - no effect
pulled all the components out, reseated the heatsink a hundred times and no difference!
has anybody got any other ides? thanks.
things i've tried...
lapped the cpu - no effect
scythe ninja mini cooler - fans in all different configurations - no effect
artic silver 5 - applied correctly but no effect
changed airflow in the case (antec fusion) - no effect
pulled all the components out, reseated the heatsink a hundred times and no difference!
has anybody got any other ides? thanks.