[HOT] Pre-purchase Bioshock 2 for $44.99 on Steam & Get Bioshock 1 FREE

well I think I was just ripped off from someone on the Steam forums while trying to do the 4 pack. I paid him 45 minutes ago and nothing plus he logged out about 30 minutes ago. not looking very good.
Yeah, I saw the ridiculously large thread about group buying. Steam doesn't allow that on their forums because they expect that kind of stuff to happen. But in a forum like this where it's a smaller amount of people and there is reputation everywhere, people are a lot less likely to get ripped off. I also don't think you can dispute gifts.

Yeah, I saw the ridiculously large thread about group buying. Steam doesn't allow that on their forums because they expect that kind of stuff to happen. But in a forum like this where it's a smaller amount of people and there is reputation everywhere, people are a lot less likely to get ripped off. I also don't think you can dispute gifts.

Correct on all accounts

well I will fill out a dispute form with my bank since the charge went right on my account.

If someone is still looking for more people for their group buy, I wouldn't mind joining in as well.

I offer to be a middle man for a 4 pack if one person will give me their Bioshock 1 in return. Heat in sig.

So far with the replies, we might have a 4-pack here.

me
cannondale06
robble
poconopc

I can send money through PayPal. If we're all interested still, we might be able to do this.

I offer to be a middle man for a 4 pack if one person will give me their Bioshock 1 in return. Heat in sig.
@krylon, going to PM you regarding my last Bioshock gift.

I thought grendel19 was working something with you.

So far with the replies, we might have a 4-pack here.

me
cannondale06
robble
poconopc

I can send money through PayPal. If we're all interested still, we might be able to do this.
If anyone is going to be receiving the money in this deal, it should be robble since he has the most heat. But 6-0-0 isn't much (no offense), so i would strongly recommend you find someone with more heat before you give money away. Just trying to avoid seeing a "Don't deal with xxxx, he's a scammer!" thread.

*List updated

Last edited:
I thought grendel19 was working something with you.

He wanted to sell it to me but I don't have cash to offer. Still looking for a copy and willing to help out a group as a middle man. I have 185 heat.

I could host. I have enough money to buy the pack. Just wanna make sure I'll have 3 others ready to go right after. Be even nicer to pay up front so the money comes straight from the paypal balance instead of my bank account.

I've sent a PM to you Robble.

I can send the payment through PayPal when we have a group ready.

So far it's me and Robble confirmed for the 4-pack if anyone else wants to join in.

ok, i'm gonna host. right now it's me and psynotic. Send me a PM if you wanna do it.

EDIT:

I just purchased a 4 pack. I have 2 extra right now. Send me a PM.

Last edited:
I'm leaving work now and heading home. It should take me about 45 minutes to an hour to get home. It's still heavy traffic time here in Hawaii. Once I get home I'll send copies to whoever is joining the group with me.

so far it's my friend from steam, PeeWeePee and I from here. So from here we just need a 4th person.

how long does this deal last? I need to wait a few days to get money back from being scammed the first time I tried to do this. I should be good on Monday or Tuesday.

how long does this deal last? I need to wait a few days to get money back from being scammed the first time I tried to do this. I should be good on Monday or Tuesday.

Paypal followed through with your dispute? That's pretty cool, seeing 'gifting' has no protection whatsoever

Paypal followed through with your dispute? That's pretty cool, seeing 'gifting' has no protection whatsoever
no Paypal cant do anything because I did it as a gift. I didnt use money from the Paypal account or I would be screwed. I used my bankcard through Paypal so I can actually dispute the charge with my bank. I talked to Paypal and they said thats the way to do it in my case and that it should not be any problem.

Yep, I received my copy of the game from Robble. Go grab this game at this great price already!

For some reason I seem to have only gotten 2 copies of BS 1 instead of 4. It isn't listed in my list of games I own either. 1 has gone to psynotic, the other will goto the next person (which should be troub) if he wants it. For me and the third person to get BS 1 I'm going to have to contact steam unless they show up all of a sudden. Weird.

Last edited:
funds have been sent to you :), also about Bioshock 1 it's okay you guys grab it first I have it already on retail so save me for last.

For some reason I seem to have only gotten 2 copies of BS 1 instead of 4. It isn't listed in my list of games I own either. 1 has gone to psynotic, the other will goto the next person (which should be troub) if he wants it. For me and the third person to get BS 1 I'm going to have to contact steam unless they show up all of a sudden. Weird.
Yea that happened to grendel19 also. Just give it a bit, try logging in and out maybe.

OK guys, sorry for the delay. I sent you PMs but just in case, all Bioshock 1 gifts have been sent. I did receive 4 after all, it was just not refreshed. First time I've gifted on Steam.

@krylon, going to PM you regarding my last Bioshock gift.

wtf? I restarted steam to see if the extra BS1s would show up and not only did they not show up but my extra gift copy of BS2 disappeared too!

I'm not going to take another order till I get it straightened out with steam.

EDIT: WHEW! restarted steam again and now they all show up

Last edited:
ok, Troub has his copies of BS1 & BS2.

1 set left!

Gotta hurry if you want it quick. I have to go on an errand soon.

I'm not super stoked about this game like I was the first but for $33.75 in a group buy, I could not pass it up with friends. :p

I'd like to get in on a group buy. I already have bioshock, so I can gift the extra copy to someone here if you'd like

so guys when is this GB happening? i am already on the list waiting to send the money

The same thing happened to me. After I gifted the first two, the next day the others showed up.

Back