Hot? Opteron 165 at Monarch Computers for $339.63

Ethereal

Limp Gawd
Opteron 165 Dual Core

Seemed pretty hot since they were $350 and over in some cases before they went out of stock earlier this month. I know they've been cheaper, but now they're hard to find anywhere. :)

Ah figures, my first attempt at a [H]ot deal is cold. :p Oh well, that's why I put a ? on it. At least if someone REALLY wants one, they know they're in stock somewhere.

Ethereal said:
Ah figures, my first attempt at a [H]ot deal is cold. :p Oh well, that's why I put a ? on it. At least if someone REALLY wants one, they know they're in stock somewhere.

Actually there is a thread in the AMD section predicting AMD to stop producing all s939 opterons. If that is the case, then this is hot.

Scotch77 said:
They are supposed to be $290

It's unrealistic to assume that companies will offer as low a price as they once did and equally absurd to refuse to buy simply because that price is no longer offered. I'm sure we've all had situations where we simply wait too long and regret it later.

I paid $300 for one at Monarch on Nov 11th before they screwed everybody by raising the prices after they became so popular.. o well that’s capitalism. They were out of stock and didn't mention it on their web site and they didn't bother to notify me of that fact. I waited a month before it shipped. I was pissed it took so long to ship but then again I only paid $304 shipped :D

pigpen said:
Actually there is a thread in the AMD section predicting AMD to stop producing all s939 opterons. If that is the case, then this is hot.

Man I hope not, I really want one, but $360's tough to swing for one, especially when my coworker got one for $300.

wow seems like noone in the forum understands supply and demand. I ordered one thurs for 329. Monarch was the only place with it in stock out of the top 5 etailers i go to.

Cabn12 said:
I understand supply and demand. I demand I want it cheap! :D

Even at a higher price, there are still plenty of people who demand it! And that is supply and demand.

Even at a higher price, there are still plenty of people who demand it! And that is supply and demand.

I was just kidding.

American Capitalism is the best system that ever was and probably ever will be.

I paid $350 for my 170 at Monarch 3 weeks ago.

Also ended up paying $1,350 for my Westy 37" LCD.

Must me my lucky build this time around

Oh well, If AMD doesn't want me to buy one, I'll just wait till the Athlon 64 X2 4400s are below $300 or less. A new computer isn't a necessity for me. I already have more than I need anyways.

If AMD wants to play that game maybe my next desktop will have a Conroe processor in it. It's development is suppose to be ahead of schedule, and I'm guessing it will be a real good overclocker.

o nice find i hope this is true becuase i want to wait till they hit 250 ish

Ditto. I bit. This is the last system build for me for a while (uhm, yea sure. That's what I tell the wife). Damn all of you!!! I am going broke from these deals...:D

Also good: OEM Opteron 170s at $373 shipped from Monarch. The OEM 165 is up to $324 shipped.

A full Mhz HTT I should get one.... "HyperTransport™ Technology Speed 1MHz"

This is really hard to pass up on. I just sold my spare computer for some extra money but I would love to have a dual core with 1MB per core....must resist....

AssMan said:
A full Mhz HTT I should get one.... "HyperTransport™ Technology Speed 1MHz"

This is really hard to pass up on. I just sold my spare computer for some extra money but I would love to have a dual core with 1MB per core....must resist....

Don't think, just do it!

monarch has the 165 back in stock for 339 thats the lowest i can find it most places dont even have it in stock ?

Be careful with Monarch!! They say they have it in stock but dont. They will not notify you after you've made your purchase either. It took me over a month to get my "instock" 165 processor even though the shipping state FDEX 2nd day.

Cabn12 said:
Be careful with Monarch!! They say they have it in stock but dont. They will not notify you after you've made your purchase either. It took me over a month to get my "instock" 165 processor even though the shipping state FDEX 2nd day.

I ordered one last week, and received it on Monday of this week, so they definately have them...or at least had them.

Back