Hot: Mitsubishi WD73638 73" DLP 3D HDTV for $1199.99

Hot for some....

I get an extra $80 for shipping, plus tax (another $100 wasted) making it $1,375 basically.

Tigerdirect always has "meh" deals for me... we need a Fry's down here damnit!

Remember guys, the 638 series has no ability to calibrate the colors outside of simple tint and color levels.

I own a 73C9 and it has all the advanced calibration features of the higher end models and I was able to achieve a great picture.

I bought a 65" 65C10 and was very disappointed that it did not have any advanced calibration options, even in the service menu... Due to a red drive issue and really poor geometry (that is not correctable via the service menu) I am probably going to have to have Mitsubishi send out someone to fix the set.

I do know that both geometry and color issues are fixable via replacement of the light engine, but it may be a PITA to get the tech to agree and get Mitsubishi to order the replacement.

I forgot to also mention that the C10/638 series will NOT be getting the firmware upgrade to alow for plug-play 3D. The C10/638 seris will still require the exernal 3D converter to support anything other than checkerboard 3D. The 738/838 series does have the upgrade available as a download.

1422701_spin_prod

Free Delivery

Sale $699.99

Save $500.00, Reg. $1199.99

Mitsubishi Electronics
WD-60638 3D-Ready 60" Plush1080p 120Hz DLP Home Cinema TV
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/dap_10153_12605_DAP_Cyber-Monday?adCell=W2
which (I think) will upgrade to 3D...

Nice TV. But I sure hope this 3d crap is just a fad. With me only seeing out of one eye, 3d doesnt work for me at all..

I want to be able to watch tv in 10 years...:D

Different model number, but they seem like the same TV, at least on the Mitsu-TV site... Good find!

Damn shame my Mitsu WD-Y65 (65732) isn't 3D compatible. May have to craigslist my TV to an unsuspecting idiots and upgrade. ;) I still can't complain about it, picture is amazing even after 3 years (new bulb of course)

The 60" version (also by Mitsubishi) was on sale for $600 at TD last week.

Remember guys, the 638 series has no ability to calibrate the colors outside of simple tint and color levels.

I own a 73C9 and it has all the advanced calibration features of the higher end models and I was able to achieve a great picture.

I bought a 65" 65C10 and was very disappointed that it did not have any advanced calibration options, even in the service menu... Due to a red drive issue and really poor geometry (that is not correctable via the service menu) I am probably going to have to have Mitsubishi send out someone to fix the set.

I do know that both geometry and color issues are fixable via replacement of the light engine, but it may be a PITA to get the tech to agree and get Mitsubishi to order the replacement.

You can get more adjustments as the rest of the series via the service menu. If only I could figure out the access code! If your hooking up a PC to use this as HTPC you can always calibrate via the software as well. I don't think there is much difference in the models hardware, they just lock you out of features int he regular menu. But they should still be there in the service menu. I had a guy come out and adjust ours but he wouldn't give me the code.

Nice TV. But I sure hope this 3d crap is just a fad. With me only seeing out of one eye, 3d doesnt work for me at all..

I want to be able to watch tv in 10 years...:D

I'm with you man, all this "3D is the future" is a bummer for us with only 1 peeper.

1099 shipped for a 73" 1080p tv is a hot deal even if you aren't sold on 3d. You can get an extra 10% cashback with shop discover, too.

Does anyone know if these high end 120hz DLPs typically do 5:5 pulldown for 24hz sources or 3:2?

To access the service menu, at least on the 2009 models the key sequence is:

2457 menu
or
menu 2457

cant remember which one.

Yeah I have last years 60c9 got a great deal on it black friday and love the picture it puts out!
Service menu adjustments are nice, can manually change the geometry and more fine tune color adjustments.
Also can mess w/ overscan settings too!

You can get more adjustments as the rest of the series via the service menu. If only I could figure out the access code! If your hooking up a PC to use this as HTPC you can always calibrate via the software as well. I don't think there is much difference in the models hardware, they just lock you out of features int he regular menu. But they should still be there in the service menu. I had a guy come out and adjust ours but he wouldn't give me the code.

Sorry if I didn't clarify, even the service menu has NO PICTURE ADJUSTMENTS FOR COLOR!!!

I have the full service manual and all the codes for the C10/638/738/838 series (also the same for the C9/637 series) and in the manual for the C10/638 there is nothing for color adjustment. Only for geometry and alignment stuff...

The service menu is a major let down on the C10/638... Also, the hardware is different between the C10/638 and 738/838 models. So you cannot just flash a 738 firmware and have it's adjustability.

I also tried tweaking the color issues via the computer and it is a MAJOR PITA and it only fixes it for that source. I also have a xbox360 and cable box hooked up to the same set and I want all of them to look proper.

Like I said, I am going to probably have them send a tech out and he will end up replacing the light engine. That is the only known fix for bad colors and major geometry issues. For the C9 series it is also a fix for majorly bad geometry.

To access the service menu, at least on the 2009 models the key sequence is:

2457 menu
or
menu 2457

cant remember which one.

Yeah I have last years 60c9 got a great deal on it black friday and love the picture it puts out!
Service menu adjustments are nice, can manually change the geometry and more fine tune color adjustments.
Also can mess w/ overscan settings too!
On my 2007 57" Mitsubishi, it's MENU first, followed by the 4-digit #.

I'm with you man, all this "3D is the future" is a bummer for us with only 1 peeper.

Right now, where you need special glass.... yes, it's definitely a fad.

When they get instant 3d without glasses... that won't be a fad :D I wonder if you 2 1-eyes dudes will be able to see something like that?

Back