HOT? Fatal1ty 650i+abit AirPace Wi-Fi for 79.99 shipped AR

just out of curiosity, how does the board take 16gb (according to newegg) or 32gb (according to clubIT) when most standard ATX boards are usually 8gb?

This board is not a good overclocker at all. Very, Very finicky at best. Great at default speeds though.

So true. So true. the 650i chipset is HORRIBLE for overclocking purposes (just look at my SIG) but i have to say for a cheap SLI solution you can't beat the price. I'd take this over a 680i board any day. If you don't need SLI though save your money. Hopefully we'll see these kinds of prices on p35 soon or maybe x38 if the market is right.

This board is not a good overclocker at all. Very, Very finicky at best. Great at default speeds though.

OMG I will by anything and everything with the name Fatal1ty. he is so 1337. gg!!!1!11!!11!!

I forgot to mention: dual core oc better on these boards than quads do. I'd say it's entirely possible to get it 3.2 with enough tweaking. You may need to do a volt mod: FYI.

Would this be able to get a E6400 up to 3.2 ghz at 400fsb?

I forgot to mention: dual core oc better on these boards than quads do. I'd say it's entirely possible to get it 3.2 with enough tweaking. You may need to do a volt mod: FYI.
yeah its a good mobo for the price, mybe not for the extreme overclocker, but it has adecent overclock you have a sli option, also according to xbitlabs.com (which was the only good review site that i could find) they said an abit rep contacted them:

P.S.: We received an email from abit representative informing us that there are beta BIOS versions that should any day become “release-candidates”. They have the overclocking problems fixed. And the upcoming BIOS versions due in a few weeks should be free from the “1T issue”. We recommend to the owners of abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI to check the availability of new BIOS versions more often.

OMG I will by anything and everything with the name Fatal1ty. he is so 1337. gg!!!1!11!!11!!

lol

Also, anyone know what the deal is on 8X vs. 16X SLI? I think this board only supports 8X, and I want to make sure not to handicap a pair of 8800 GTS 512MB or 3870X2.

Also, anyone know what the deal is on 8X vs. 16X SLI? I think this board only supports 8X, and I want to make sure not to handicap a pair of 8800 GTS 512MB or 3870X2.
with the 3870x2 you would be fine as the pcie slot would function at 16x, however in SLI each slot would function at 8x, in reality you would see little loss of performance. However if your going to buy a "NEW" video card I would not start with this board.

However if your going to buy a "NEW" video card I would not start with this board.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Why would it be a bad board to SLI a newer card?

Basically, I have a G92 8800 GTS right now and I want something that would let me add another 8800, or switch over to ATI and double up on the 3870X2. I'm hesitant to spend a lot because I don't want to invest in a board that might not be able to use the next gen of processors. I'd rather get something as cheap as possible that could accomodate the E6400 up to 3.2ghz and the cards I plan on using, then buy a nice motherboard and do a full rebuild when there is something out that is worth upgrading my e6400 to.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Why would it be a bad board to SLI a newer card?

Basically, I have a G92 8800 GTS right now and I want something that would let me add another 8800, or switch over to ATI and double up on the 3870X2. I'm hesitant to spend a lot because I don't want to invest in a board that might not be able to use the next gen of processors. I'd rather get something as cheap as possible that could accomodate the E6400 up to 3.2ghz and the cards I plan on using, then buy a nice motherboard and do a full rebuild when there is something out that is worth upgrading my e6400 to.

Do the SLI boards even support Crossfire? I'm not sure the 3870's would work in Crossfire...might need an intel board for that.

This is correct sir. No crossfire on Nvidia chipset...until someone gives it a push someday. But to the OP, ask yourself these questions, "How much did i pay for these G92 8800GTS and how much would i spend for another card for about half the increase in performance?" Another consideration would be that you'd have $600 worth of GPU on an 80$ board. :eek: Buy all means it'll be kickass and come with bragging rights but if money is an issue at all why throw it to SLI? I'd say not to unless you're using a gargantuan monitor (by gargantuan, i mean silly big). Now if your interested in the spec of 16x versus 8x realize that you'll see no HUGE difference and that the 680i boards got HORRIBLE reviews overall, not that some aren't happy. You might want to even check out the 780i but it's not cheap and i don't know a whole lot about it. You might be able to brag about FPS but your OC will not be the best with any Nvidia chipset.

Do the SLI boards even support Crossfire? I'm not sure the 3870's would work in Crossfire...might need an intel board for that.

Anyone know how does the board take 16gb or 32gb RAM (according to clubIT) when most standard ATX boards are usually 8gb?

Sounds like an error. Especially with the amount of memory windows can address.

Anyone know how does the board take 16gb or 32gb RAM (according to clubIT) when most standard ATX boards are usually 8gb?

according to Abit it supports 32gb of memory. i had to hunt all over abit to get detailed specs. as the default page has just some general info, but after checking the fatality links 4 times, i spotted it.

http://www.abitgamer.com/

it looks like they have a crossfire version to. diff model number

according to Abit it supports 32gb of memory. i had to hunt all over abit to get detailed specs. as the default page has just some general info, but after checking the fatality links 4 times, i spotted it.

http://www.abitgamer.com/

it looks like they have a crossfire version to. diff model number

That's one mean micro motherboard! It's interesting...since ATX is still limited to 8gb? (not that anyone needs that many gb memory, if it's beyond 8gb, it'd be a server/workstation purpose)

Back