HOT: Eternal bedsheets that will get you laid

MisterDNA said:
This is an example of California King. Mine, actually.

I used to have that same exact bed.

California Kings are a deathtrap once you get married and have someone else picking out sheets. Finding sheets and comforters to fit them will add great amounts of stress to the relationship. :D

I don't have to worry about washing sheets because I don't actually get in bed. I found it saves making the bed in the morning if you just sleep on top of it. ;)

Actually, I'm moving and I do need to get some queen size sheets for my bed, but I can't justify spending that kind of cash on sheets. It's an excellent deal for what they are though.

ufot said:
thats sick. who the hell showers only in the morning :confused:

I would venture to guess that, perhaps, 40% of the showering public shower only in the morning. There are 5 people in my home, and we all shower in the morning. One of us showers at night, only if they've had a REALLY rough day.

I too shower only in the morning. If I do something that causes me to sweat profusely, then I will shower again in the evening, but I usually don't do anything of the sort.

I can't imagine showering only in the morning on a regular basis. Every once in a while if I come home too drunk or super tired, I will skip the evening shower but I feel horrible when I wake up.

I have a really super nice set of 400 TC Nautica sheets. I should say "had." My doggie has decided that its fun to chew on the corner of my bed when my wife and I are um, well, you know.

The dog is jealous. So now the frame of my full-size futon is all chewed up and she decided to start chewing on the sheet at the corner of the bed. She chews a huge hole in it then rips it all the way down the side, playing tug-of war with the sheet and the bed.

This sheet set cost me like $125 on sale. Beleive me, I'm jumping all over this deal as soon as I move into my new house with my new king-size. Great deal.

Super hot AAA rating.

People who shower less than twice daily are weird, IMO:p

or french

I take a shower in the afternoon and in the morning... Afternoon so I can be clean and relax... in the morning so I can wake up. :)

kleptophobiac said:
If I do something that causes me to sweat profusely, then I will shower again in the evening, but I usually don't do anything of the sort.
I'm sorry for you

I shower when I deem it necesary. My skin isn't too keen on showers several times a day.

As for the sheets, hell yeah. I'm still in college (for another month and a half) and these are going to be a nice graduation gift for the lady friend, who is obsessed with "soft things". Her bed is a monument to fluffiness. It's like a giant pillow.

What a deal. I can't count the number of times I've almost gotten laid, but then didn't because of my shitty bedsheets.

dahoseman said:
My skin isn't too keen on showers several times a day.

Most people can't handle it. Showering more than once a day can usually have major adverse effects on the health of your skin which can be minimized if you use moisturizing products afterward. Moisturizing bodywashes and stuff are mostly bullshit. Lotion applied after a shower is the only way your skin will stay healthy and not start to break down. Your body produces oils for a reason.

On a related topic, washing your hair every day, unless you have naturally oily hair, is unnecessary and can actually be bad for it. Conditioner can't compare with the natural oil your body produces naturally. The longer your hair, or if you color treat it (I have long bleached blonde hair), the more you have to take care of it, and allowing it to condition itself is one of the ways in which you can do that.

Like George Carlin said, "Unless you workout or work outdoors or come into contact with large quantities of filth and garbage, you don't always need a shower every day. You just need to wash the four key areas: armpits, asshole, crotch and teeth. You can save yourself a whole lot of time if you use the same brush on all four areas."

:D

Clownboat said:
What a deal. I can't count the number of times I've almost gotten laid, but then didn't because of my shitty bedsheets.

Yeah, I think that most folks here lack the social skills to even get a woman back to their houses/apartments, so bedsheets are probably not a major concern. :D

twyztyr said:
Most people can't handle it. Showering more than once a day can usually have major adverse effects on the health of your skin which can be minimized if you use moisturizing products afterward. Moisturizing bodywashes and stuff are mostly bullshit. Lotion applied after a shower is the only way your skin will stay healthy and not start to break down. Your body produces oils for a reason.

Everybody welcome our new [H]ouse Dermatologist.

I only shower once a day unless I take a shit, then I shower right after so I dont feel "unclean" for the rest of the day.

Naldo said:
I only shower once a day unless I take a shit, then I shower right after so I dont feel "unclean" for the rest of the day.

I'd have to shower like 3 times a day in that case. I really need to change my eating habits. :D

well these wont help me get laid...cuz i know once i get the lady home, into my bedroom, and on to my bed..im home free, no matter what sheets i have..but i do think these sheets help help me on the nights im alone..if ya know what i mean :D

Zamboni said:
I used to have that same exact bed.

California Kings are a deathtrap once you get married and have someone else picking out sheets. Finding sheets and comforters to fit them will add great amounts of stress to the relationship. :D

We like flannel sheets...I picked up some really nice ones around new years...$30 for 2 sets of flannel sheets for our kali-king...no arguments...one set is crimson/maroon the other is hunter green...

big thumbs up from the Mr's...

MisterDNA said:
California King = 72"W X 84"L
(Eastern USA) King = 76"W X 80"L

California King is the system first meant to measure waterbeds. With those, the length is the same 84". The width is all that changes. 48"=Super Single 60"=Cal Queen 72"=Cal King. The sizes were made longer than Eastern USA standards because people are taller now.

We all know how small a twin bed became after high school. 75" long for twin and full sucks when you're over 12.

I think my GF and I have a Cal-King and I gotta say it is still too short for me. I hate it. On the other hand, it is way to wide for the two of us (we are pretty skinny).. wish it was longer, yet not as wide.

drizzt81 said:
I think my GF and I have a Cal-King and I gotta say it is still too short for me. I hate it. On the other hand, it is way to wide for the two of us (we are pretty skinny).. wish it was longer, yet not as wide.

You should talk to Shaq.
Maybe he'll give you an old bed, like he gave that High school kid his old size 22 shoes.

People over 7' should get some kind of disability support.

There's a bed sheet out there made out of Bamboo thread called Modal....it blows Sateen out of the water IMO. It might be something to look into for those of you obsessed with their bed sheets. It breaths really well in the summer too. In the winter it's all about Jersey Knit :D

Modal is made from beech trees. The are the softest fabric I have felt, but the only problem that I have with them is the pilling effect - e.g. the tiny fuzz balls that accumulate on the fabric. Thye are the only dealbreaker to the otherwise fantastic modal jersey sheets.

MisterDNA said:
I guess I am kind of biased, you guys. I take sleep very seriously. It's all about comfort.

I'm with you. Outside of my extremely nice select comfort bed, I've spent about $1200.00 all together on what goes on top of my bed. A restfull sleep is worth whatever you can afford.

I always did up the guest room the same way (except when my wife's parents would visit :D ) and family coming into town would practically fight to get to stay with us. If you don't think a good bed is worth investing your money in, you've never been in a good bed.

truffle00 said:
For a nice balance of price and feel (and availability), I couldn't recommend these sheets more strongly. Yes, they're relatively low thread count but are so much softer than even 400-500 TC sheets that I've felt.
I agree. We have a set of those sheets (bought in a Denver BB&B). Looked for some out here at the local BB&B but they only have Cal. King and we have a regular (Eastern) King. Plus if you buy them online you can't use the nifty 20% coupons you get from BB&B every week...

Why would you spend so much on sheets? Once you get manjuice and vagina cocktails all over them you'll have to get new ones anyway.

Yeah, we spent about 800 on our matress alone (queen)...10 year warranty, no flip, pillow topped, high and small sized coil count, etc. It's worth it compared to the 300 and 400 sets I am used to since moving out in 88 after I graduated.

As for showering, the only time I shower more than once a day is if I am going out that evening, did a lot of dirty work (garden, car, etc), sex with wife (shower sex is great), or if the AC is broke. Elsewise it's once in the morning for me and a tips and tails washup in the evening before sex or bed (which ever comes first). I have brutally dry skin, especfially in winter, and go through gobs of lotion to stay healthy and comfortable (diet fixes have had no effect) so if I showered twice a day I would be rashy and flaky and all around uncomfortable. I don't even like taking a bath with wifey at night (most nights) even though it means I am going to get laid... I will be itchy all damned night and not sleep a wink then.

In the winter we use flannels but I have to have a sateen or silk pillow case (can't stand flannel on my face). Summer we have been using 420 - 500tc sheets and need a new set. I would like to get some 600s or better, couple of sets.

on the floor or on the bed, i dont notice the difference when i'm sleeping

you people are freaks

Showering twice a day? That's pretty wasteful. Unless you shit yourself or something. The US has been trying to steal clean Canadian water for years. No friggin wonder. Next time you're in the shower... just remember that right now, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people are thirsty, and have no water.

I'm not sure what the softness factor is supposed to be like versus thread count. I had jerzey sheets for a few months and those were the softest I'd ever had, but were too stretchy and ended up tearing along the seams at the corners of the bed. I gave them to my sister and brother-in-law and she likes em. I want some again, but I don't think the fabric would tolerate the stress at the seams where I'd have my mom sew the top sheet to the foot-end of the fitted sheet...I absolutely HATE not having that sewed together because it's a bitch to make the bed, it never stays put, and I don't have the extra length.

Naldo said:
Yeah, I feel that...but I "clean up" back there every week or two and use wet wipes, so I don't feel the shower scene after a dump...unless I accidentally eat a totinos pizza, then I'm in the shower right after I flush!

Jon8RFC said:
Yeah, I feel that...but I "clean up" back there every week or two and use wet wipes, ...

:eek:

That SO didn't come across the way your probably meant it. At least I hope not.

Back