HOT! ClubIT Gigabyte 9600GT $169.99

waitin for these to start havin rebates... 8800gt performance at $130 woohoo!

The 8800GT takes up a single slot and i believe the 9600 gt takes up 2 if i'm not mistaken. Also the 9600 gt only has 64 stream processors vs the 128 of the 8800 GT. I liked what i saw as far as benchmarks go but i can't help but think that the new 9800 series is going to be some serious asskicking hardware. Also, IMMINENT price wars are good too. If clubit has these this cheap already i think we're gonna see some LOW prices soon on all video cards. Now i just have to wait for starcraft 2...

Kyle and Brent or whoever did the review for [H] seems to think so on their review.
so does anandtech.
and tweaktown says at least it's better than a 3870.

no, the 9600gt takes up one slot, and no, it doesn't stack up to the 8800gt. The 8800 is better.

All this is good, as long as I can remain disciplined and wait for the Intel cuts in April to finish my system. Just need a mobo, a video card and a cpu. Everything else is waiting for assembly. PLus Toms Hardware reported in their 9600GT review that AMD contacted them and informed them that prices would soon be cut on the 3850s and the 3870s. Now if nVidia will try to match them.

wow tons of flaming video card deals lately.. can't wait for the new gens!

8800GT is confirmed to be faster.

The HD3870 is supposedly neck and neck with the 9600GT.

Retard alert! The 9600GT is a one slot solution. Please at least read or look at the pictures of the hardware before commenting. Also, as Kyle and Brent both alluded that unless the game in question is shader intensive (Crysis) then the 9600GT will perform comparably to the 8800GT 512MB. Brent believes this is due to the more efficient compression code used for the 9600GT.

Also, Newegg has the Palit 9600GT. It has HDMI and DisplayPort! Just as well, it is a dual slot card. Sweet.

:( I finaly just got my GTS running with IanH's custom ramsinks (finaly a decent water cooling solution) lol....I do admit it's pretty impressive and I could probably buy this over the 8800GT just cause I could pickup a second one later for cheap and have my first SLI setup. But at this point I would be better off purchasing a second 8800GTS...Damn I need to actualy play some games to get my moneys worth...Been stuck on emulators lately. Mario Kart origional is bad ass on a 37" with an 8800 GTS :rolleyes:

:( I finaly just got my GTS running with IanH's custom ramsinks (finaly a decent water cooling solution) lol....I do admit it's pretty impressive and I could probably buy this over the 8800GT just cause I could pickup a second one later for cheap and have my first SLI setup. But at this point I would be better off purchasing a second 8800GTS...Damn I need to actualy play some games to get my moneys worth...Been stuck on emulators lately. Mario Kart origional is bad ass on a 37" with an 8800 GTS :rolleyes:

Cheer up man. Shader intense = HDR = BEAUTIFUL graphics = your GTS OWNS a 9600gt. :) Not too mention you have a large monitor, which means the GTS is much more suited for you and hi rez.

My bad. I checked out the review on the galaxy 9600gt which takes up two slots. So it's not that the 9600 gt doesn't take up 2 slots: some do. I shouldn't have read so fast. I guess i should also be careful to offend the quee....err....Flamers.

Retard alert! The 9600GT is a one slot solution. Please at least read or look at the pictures of the hardware before commenting. Also, as Kyle and Brent both alluded that unless the game in question is shader intensive (Crysis) then the 9600GT will perform comparably to the 8800GT 512MB. Brent believes this is due to the more efficient compression code used for the 9600GT.

Also, Newegg has the Palit 9600GT. It has HDMI and DisplayPort! Just as well, it is a dual slot card. Sweet.

Cheer up man. Shader intense = HDR = BEAUTIFUL graphics = your GTS OWNS a 9600gt. :) Not too mention you have a large monitor, which means the GTS is much more suited for you and hi rez.

Yea that sad face looks a little too sad :p

didnt the review state if you not goin to OC it atleast 10% stick with the 8800GT cause the 8800GT does out perform it stock for stock and also OCing it?
with the prices of the 8800s goin down it would be worth it just to shell out the couple extra bucks for the 8800

Thanks for letting us know this. I just got a new HP w2207h monitor.

I would love to SLi two of these...but I don't like nv drivers.

crap.

that just made my spare 7950GT-512 worthless eh?

If your 7950 GT is worthless, what about my 6800 GT? :eek:

So the 9600 GT only requires 1 slot whereas the 8800 GT requires 2 slots? I read in the evaluation that the 9600 GT only requires the 6-pin power cord; not sure about the 8800 GT.

If your 7950 GT is worthless, what about my 6800 GT? :eek:

So the 9600 GT only requires 1 slot whereas the 8800 GT requires 2 slots? I read in the evaluation that the 9600 GT only requires the 6-pin power cord; not sure about the 8800 GT.

Some 8800gt's require 1 slot, some 2. Ditto with the 9600gt's, it depends on who made the fan.

If you want a 9600gt, I'd spend the extra $10 for EVGA / XFX / BFG and get the lifetime warranty, or even spring for the 8800gt though.

Geforce 9 price comparison list

It looks like the 9600 gt is initially priced a little high (ie everyone is selling them for MSRP) while the 8800gt has come down in price. The 8800gt is a faster card and with 9600gt on the high side of their price range and the 8800gt on the low side of theirs, the 8800gt is the better deal today. Once the 9600gt drops below msrp then the fun begins.

As for the Anandtech review (I think, I have read several), I believe they pitted a 9600gt w/ 512mb against an 8800gt w/ 256mb. I think that is why the two were pretty much on par. The games they were testing really needed the extra ram.

I would like the 9600gt to drop to $150. Between a lower price, better temps and lower power usage, it looks like the card for my new htpc.

The 8800GT 512 is a better card, slightly. The 9600GT does outperform the 256MB version of the 8800GT in many scenarios though.

Some 8800gt's require 1 slot, some 2. Ditto with the 9600gt's, it depends on who made the fan.

If you want a 9600gt, I'd spend the extra $10 for EVGA / XFX / BFG and get the lifetime warranty, or even spring for the 8800gt though.

Geforce 9 price comparison list

Thanks for the link. Too bad EVGA is relatively so much more expensive than the others. My current 6800 GT is EVGA-branded. I know the branding doesn't really matter much, but I'd still prefer to stick w/ the same brand if possible. But if there's going to be a hefty 20-25% premium, then the hell w/ that preference. ;)

what is the 9600gt is this still the same technology as the 8000 series?? or is this part of there new 9000 series with new tech??

Thanks for the link. Too bad EVGA is relatively so much more expensive than the others. My current 6800 GT is EVGA-branded. I know the branding doesn't really matter much, but I'd still prefer to stick w/ the same brand if possible. But if there's going to be a hefty 20-25% premium, then the hell w/ that preference. ;)

newegg has the evga for 169.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130328 use CODE: EVGA9600GT

what is the 9600gt is this still the same technology as the 8000 series?? or is this part of there new 9000 series with new tech??

it is part of the new technology as well as the 8800GT and 8800GTS (G92)

^ Thanks, BlackLight. That is a very good price for the EVGA. I'm looking forward to this video card to break below $150 - maybe by late spring? :)

Back