Hot: Andrew Jones Designed Pioneer 8" Powered Subwoofer $79 Shipped

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117402

$79 with free shipping with code: EMCNGNH23

Normally $159

Reviews extremely high. Especially on Best Buy and Amazon. 5 Eggs on Newegg.

Seems to have the power and "thump" of most 10" and 12" powered subwoofer solutions in the $150 price range which clearly speaks to it's design and designer.

Hint: Gut feeling tells me this one will be a sell-out

Last edited:
I've heard it before. It sounds fine. Also this is the 8" model. Anyone in need of a decent powered sub who isn't an audiophile would be very satisfied with this one. Whether or not there are better options in this price range, I cannot say. I will say that I have the Andrew Jones designed Pioneer FS speakers as well as center and surrounds and I think they are a great value.

EDIT : Heads up,The above mentioned FS , bookshelves and center are on sale. These are the best prices I've seen on these..

Last edited:
i got that vizio sound bar vsb200 that is always going on sale. it only has a single RCA looking plug for a external sub. that that plug right in to this ?

@ gesicht, yes. That's exactly what I did and others have done. Great combo this pair.

The speakers are hot the subwoofer just warm. My friend owns the speakers I dont think anything will touch them at $60 each. Grab 3 centers and the fronts for a really good sound system under $300. Tip the centers on their sides for surrounds.

I wouldn't be so quick to call that sub warm. Not when it's half off. Everyone else is selling it for $160 dollars + tax + shipping. And it's at this price point it's getting all those exceptional reviews. Best Buy alone, if you are into real world unbiased reviews before making a purchase, that alone will sell you this sub all in itself going off Best Buy. Then there is Amazon and Newegg. Again, all excellent reviews. The reviews talk about how clean and undistorted the lows are. That the lows are not muddy or slow, but tight and crisp. It sounds to me that that someone would have to spend $200 to $250 to get to this level of performance. Anyone out there looking for a sub knows it's not easy. Lots and lots of junk in the $125 price range. Many of us don't want 12" subs in our living rooms that cost $300 dollars. For one, our girlfriends or the people in the next apartment could care less if we are shaking the building. Most of the reviews speak to this fact, that it's just the perfect size and for $79 to boot.

I'd be all over a pair of these bookshelves, a center and a sub for my new TV if I had the space for them. :(

That is about as good a new entry level speaker deal as I have ever seen.

The total price for the whole system (pair of floor standings, center, shelf speakers, and subwoofer) comes to $299.96 when all promotion codes are entered.

$539.96 without promotion codes.

All with free shipping.

Not too shabby at all...

Back