hopefull upgrade haswell

automaton

Limp Gawd
3.4ghz haswell 4770
H87-PRO asus

budget 700
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2G 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML4GX3M2A1600C9B

Corsair Professional Series 760 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply AX76
reuse swiftech polaris 120 hsf
case cm storm enforcer

image editor use

It would help you if you answered the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!" so that we can help you better.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc PHOTOSHOP
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? 700$
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible. BOSTON MASS
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need. MOBO RAM PSU CPU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
HSF SWIFTECH POLARIS 120 SAMSUNG 830 256 RAPTOR 450GB CASE CM STORM ENFORCER AMD 6970 VIDCARD
6) Will you be overclocking? NO
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? 21.5 1980X1024
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? XMASS
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc. USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? NO

Just to be clear: So you're planning on upgrading this PC around Christmas time?

its gonna take me some time to save money

feedback on parts?
Honestly, you're planning this upgrade way too early. If you want an up-to-date build list, ask for advice and build the list when you actually have the money. Our parts recommendations can become outdated, overpriced, outperformed, or out of stock by the time you actually buy the parts. In other words, even if we approve your build, I can guarantee you that's not going to be the same build we recommend in December. Or even September for that matter

So please come back when you have the money and you're 2-3 weeks away from buying the parts. That way you can make sure that you have an up-to-date build list.

With that said, if you're actually serious about the photoshop usage, don't get any 4GB set of RAM. Especially 2x2GB sets. You want to start, at a minimum, with a single 8GB stick of RAM for maximum RAM upgrade capability. It's a very bad idea to get a 2x2GB set of RAM for a Photoshop PC as thats way too little RAM for heavy Photoshop usage.

Out of curiosity, what CPU, mobo, and RAM do you have now? Is the cost of the new Windows key part of that $700 budget?

checking the price difference
now Im thinking 8350 asus 990- pro
gold seasonic 650
corsair vengeance lp or crucial ballistix both 2x4mb
win8
costing lots less

+1 Danny Bui. Building out your spec sheet 5-6 months in advance is way too early!

checking the price difference
now Im thinking 8350 asus 990- pro
gold seasonic 650
corsair vengeance lp or crucial ballistix both 2x4mb
win8
costing lots less

So you're just ignoring virtually everything I said earlier?

my anxiety driven upgrade
I hear what your saying sorry you thought I wasnt

If you actually did hear/read/understood what I was saying, you wouldn't have listed a 2 x 4GB RAM set since I specifically said "don't get any 4GB set of RAM. Especially 2x2GB sets. You want to start, at a minimum, with a single 8GB stick of RAM for maximum RAM upgrade capability."

Back