Hey there Gurus,
After trying for about the last 2 hours I have given up and will ask for help.
I have a home network of two desktops and a laptop. The laptop connects to my router while the desktops are connected through Cat6.
All the computers are running Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
Desktop 1 has all my media.
From Desktop 1 I can see in my network Desktop 2. I can copy files from Desktop 2 to Desktop 1 at Gigabit speeds. However when copying files from Desktop 1 to Desktop 2 I get "Calculating" for speed for large files or something pitiful like 15 KBs for small files.
Where this gets wierd is I can't ping my laptop from either desktop. However, I can ping and copy files from Desktop 1 and 2 to my laptop. When I copy files from Desktop 1 I again get the 'Calculating" / slow speeds. From Desktop 2 I get a faster transfer(though not Gigabit since it is a wireless connection).
Long story short, since Desktop 1 is where my media is housed, how or what settings do I need to change to allow for the faster transfer rate to my laptop so I can stream my ripped movie files.
Thanks for any help in advance!
After trying for about the last 2 hours I have given up and will ask for help.
I have a home network of two desktops and a laptop. The laptop connects to my router while the desktops are connected through Cat6.
All the computers are running Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
Desktop 1 has all my media.
From Desktop 1 I can see in my network Desktop 2. I can copy files from Desktop 2 to Desktop 1 at Gigabit speeds. However when copying files from Desktop 1 to Desktop 2 I get "Calculating" for speed for large files or something pitiful like 15 KBs for small files.
Where this gets wierd is I can't ping my laptop from either desktop. However, I can ping and copy files from Desktop 1 and 2 to my laptop. When I copy files from Desktop 1 I again get the 'Calculating" / slow speeds. From Desktop 2 I get a faster transfer(though not Gigabit since it is a wireless connection).
Long story short, since Desktop 1 is where my media is housed, how or what settings do I need to change to allow for the faster transfer rate to my laptop so I can stream my ripped movie files.
Thanks for any help in advance!