Holy! When did this happen! Age of Empire 2 HD remake!

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
Last edited:
HOLY CRAP!

I will be getting this , I love this game!

Thanks! :D

I will definitely grab this and hopefully we will see some future titles like Age of Mythology finally :)

Awesome, watch em fuck it up though with DLC/Micro transactions/ and GFWL lol. Actually joking aside. Will this require GFWL?

Games for windows live is one of the least intrusive of the game clients. I'd take it over Origin and Uplay any day.

Games for windows live is one of the least intrusive of the game clients. I'd take it over Origin and Uplay any day.

768621d1359601749-fox-flux-helmet-remove-rear-spoiler-4254d1354308340-fastlane-not-u00252bsure-2bif-2bserious.jpg

Uhh... no.

GFWL ruined Fallout 3 for me. Couldn't play it for months because of bugs. Ended up not even getting 15 percent through it. Origin has never been that intrusive and neither has Uplay.

GFWL is the benchmark for awful , intrusive bloated software INSIDE a game.

Looks good! MS can't fuck up a release like EA can, right? :p

What's to fuck when you just allow higher resolution lol

That said, I'd probably get it. Now if they do that to the original game which I find so much better.

This isnt just a hd gfx upgrade they added some new features.

However gameplay and story should be the same

- Same gameplay
- Updated textures / water / fire / anti-aliasing / AO
- Steam multiplayer
- Matchmaking and leaderboards
- Steam cloudsave
- Steam workshop support
- Steam cheevos
- Multi-monitor support

Wololo!

Now if blizzard copies this and remake starcraft1! I want sc1 gameplay on a better more anti cheat

I loved the original game and I might grab this because of widescreen support and maybe bonus extras as well.

SPARTAN VI: 14
SPARTAN VI: 14
SPARTAN VI: 14!!!!
SPARTAN VI: 14 DAMMIT
SPARTAN VI: 1414141414141414
SPARTAN VI: 4
SPARTAN VI: *troll face*

Such a coincidence that this pop up now. I've been thinking about AoE2 lately and JUST voted for it on GOG.com this afternoon.

Took me by surprise this one. I didn't even know they were working on it. :eek:

Has my attention...

ESPECIALLY without gfwl...

Bought the 4 pack with some buddies, going to be great!

hmmmm, have to see what this brings to the table that the forgotten empires mod rollup does not

FE has more civilizations, units, and supports modern resolutions

http://www.forgottenempires.net/

its free, head on over and get your AoE fix while you wait

hmmmm, have to see what this brings to the table that the forgotten empires mod rollup does not

FE has more civilizations, units, and supports modern resolutions

Better match making and hats and banners for your own army.

maybe there will be mod support for this too but not sure.

Uhh... no.

GFWL ruined Fallout 3 for me. Couldn't play it for months because of bugs. Ended up not even getting 15 percent through it. Origin has never been that intrusive and neither has Uplay.

GFWL is the benchmark for awful , intrusive bloated software INSIDE a game.

My only experience with GFWL was red faction guerilla and it was a terrible experience. Its a shame i enjoyed the game but now i avoid any titles that require GFWL / origin

Still unable to play Arkham City because of GFWL. Trying to reset the Microsoft Live account is the stupidest goddamn experience I've ever had. Going through the reset process it tells me after 20 tries that the stupid CAPTCHA I'm entering is incorrect. Try the listening version, same thing. Actually get it to work, generates an e-mail with a reset link. Reset link will not accept any of the CAPTCHAs I enter.

I send an e-mail. A week later, I get an e-mail with a link to their standard "Forgot password" link. Fuck it, I'm not playing the game and the only reason I'm not more upset was that it was free.

If your order before the release date, you can get AoE II HD and AoE III for $27...if you don't already own AoE III.

Back