Hogwarts Legacy

Thanks, and exactly that!

Clothes values IIRC from common to legendary, any level or trait, I believe are: 60/90/120/150

Level 1 and 2 upgrades are simple, for level 3 you'll need phoenix feathers or graphorn horns, not really worth it because you'll find better gear soon usually. And with free cosmetic changes you don't have to look goofy.

I didn't know how for far too long, but to change gear appearances go to the gear page, hover over the gear in question, and it'll say press X to change appearance or A to change gear (xbox) or similar for pc/ps5, and then you can change the look to anything or nothing. I sorta miss the days of my naivete and wearing eye of newt/dragon glasses for that extra boost, or taking them and the straw hat off so I don't look stupid during cutscenes. I kept an ancient secret solvers hat that was rare thinking it was unique loot until I later learned NOTHING is unique in this game.

I kept reading about changing appearances, and would go to each gear where you swap them thinking that was where you did it, or at a vendor, or a changing room I hadn't had yet, until I finally looked it up. Whoops. Guess I was too busy swapping gear to take the time to read the prompt.
i did that too, running around with all the goofy looking gear until about lvl 30 when i noticed the "press x to change appearance" prompt...
oh and legendary robes and suits go for 200, in most cases.

Like Pendragon said the gear upgrades are locked behind the Room of Requirements and another quest or two. Once I saw that upgrading gear is partially locked behind the pokemon style creature collecting I realized that I would rarely interact with it. I only go to the RoR to identify gear. Press X and wait to grow plants, press X and wait to make potions, etc. is just more boring filler IMO.
you can just buy the upgrade ingredients but its pretty easy and quick to have a few animals to harvest from, once you get the vivariums AND the upgrades do add quite a bit to defense/offence at level 3(levels 1+2 lower them for some reason. once fully upgraded it adds 36 points to either, which is pretty significant.
edited speeling, agen

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Loving this game , to bad i had a major bug that screwed my game up , i fell through the floor and couldn't broom up or use M or ESC to teleport anywhere so having to start over . Had 19 hours invested. Anyone got a 15 hour save file by any chance?
if you get stuck again, just load one of the last autosave points.

Loving this game , to bad i had a major bug that screwed my game up , i fell through the floor and couldn't broom up or use M or ESC to teleport anywhere so having to start over . Had 19 hours invested. Anyone got a 15 hour save file by any chance?

Know where this area was in particular? I make sure to make a main save every hour or so in a different slot for most games.

I still seem to be in the tutorial mode. Game moves along very slowly.

Know where this area was in particular? I make sure to make a main save every hour or so in a different slot for most games.

I still seem to be in the tutorial mode. Game moves along very slowly.
it was right after we saved the dragons in the dragon fighting ring , i went back to hogwarts and saved in the room . Next day i got off work and went to play and found out my only save game was now under the map and couldn't do anything. so my next save game is like 6 hours in but i had alot of data saved!

Like Pendragon said the gear upgrades are locked behind the Room of Requirements and another quest or two. Once I saw that upgrading gear is partially locked behind the pokemon style creature collecting I realized that I would rarely interact with it. I only go to the RoR to identify gear. Press X and wait to grow plants, press X and wait to make potions, etc. is just more boring filler IMO.

uggg. I hate that kind of stuff. Even the idea of having to collect ingredients to make things turns me off. Like crafting in Skyrim/fallout/etc. Never did any of it.

I was unaware this was a issue , i didn't have multiple saves :( only 2 , one was 6 hours into game and the other like 19ish~~ maybe a little over.
its not a know issue, afiak. it should be auto-saving ever few minutes. i have two manual save and like 8 auto-saves.

uggg. I hate that kind of stuff. Even the idea of having to collect ingredients to make things turns me off. Like crafting in Skyrim/fallout/etc. Never did any of it.
you can probably skip it. your off/def bonuses from gear will just be lower.

I've been finding this to be the case for many features. It looks like you can upgrade gear after you finish around half of the story missions. Maybe they get longer but so far, a story mission seems to be 10-15 minutes and mostly cutscene. Kind of odd that so much stuff is entirely locked until so relatively late in the game. Otherwise it seems to mostly be a walking simulator so far for me. Gameplay variety is very shallow so locking so many things so far into the game is odd. But maybe it gets better.

I've been finding this to be the case for many features. It looks like you can upgrade gear after you finish around half of the story missions. Maybe they get longer but so far, a story mission seems to be 10-15 minutes and mostly cutscene. Kind of odd that so much stuff is entirely locked until so relatively late in the game. Otherwise it seems to mostly be a walking simulator so far for me. Gameplay variety is very shallow so locking so many things so far into the game is odd. But maybe it gets better.
ignore the side stuff and focus on the main missions and it will all come quicker

It doesn't really matter. The game is so easy you really don't need gear upgrades or potions all that often.

yeah thats kinda cool. they need to mod it so it auto-picks up plants and makes the coin chime noise

6 hours in. Level 16 I think. Got to room of requirement. Game is decent I guess.

Doing some sides as well as mains. Feels a bit slow and at this rate seems like a 15 hour game at best.

Good lore and true to Hogwarts. Not sure there is much more in it.

Level 25, have about 15 hours in it. Taking it all in...in game progress says I am 33% completed.

Took me a minute to figure out the pacing of the leveling up versus the main quests. Left Hogwarts the first time a little over-leveled.

6 hours in. Level 16 I think. Got to room of requirement. Game is decent I guess.

Doing some sides as well as mains. Feels a bit slow and at this rate seems like a 15 hour game at best.

Good lore and true to Hogwarts. Not sure there is much more in it.

I felt the same way. You breeze through half of the story quests within 12 hours. Then the game brings in more combat, you spend more time outside the castle and things slow down a lot. If you do most of the side quests it will take you around 3 times longer than you were anticipating. I am still not done yet, but nearing the end of the main story.

Game has been a great experience so far! Dropped the difficulty to easy to enjoy the story and am watching the hours melt away lol. I will probably increase difficulty when playing as other houses as well as focus on getting through the side quests.

Game has been a great experience so far! Dropped the difficulty to easy to enjoy the story and am watching the hours melt away lol. I will probably increase difficulty when playing as other houses as well as focus on getting through the side quests.

Normal is fairly easy as is.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I should have mentioned I'm old lol? I've gotten a bit more into the groove of the game so I'll probably bump it up a bit and see what it's like!

https://hogwartslegacy.bugs.wbgames.com/patch-notes

MARCH 08th, 2023 - PC​

Posted on 03/08/23
Build Version – 1126182
Developer Note - This patch addresses overall gameplay, performance and stability as well as online connection improvements.

Bug Fixes:
  • PC
      • Improve player account network registration and tracking.
      • Fixed DLC related issues during pause menu, gear menu.
      • Fixed DLC flying mount inventory issue potentially disappearing during a mission.
    • Gameplay
      • Missions
        • Fixed blocker issue when unlocking the bandit camp cage before starting the mission. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-437.
        • Fixed not being able to complete a quest during a specific conversation with Madam Kogawa missing from her desk. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-1173.
        • Fixed avatar getting stuck between barrel and furnace by jumping or opening tool wheel.
        • Fixed a duplication collision next to one of the store entrances.
        • Fixed issue with waypoints being in the air instead of the ground within Hogsmeade.
        • Fixed objective maker being over Fig properly after waiting period.
        • Fixed missing exit prompt on some doors within Hogwarts.
        • Fixed opening butterfly chests other than the intended ones for a quest doesn't count toward mission progression. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-5620.
        • Fixed butterflies to not appearing at the specified area to progress the mission again. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-4807.
        • Fixed incorrect merge mission progression.
        • Fixed stability issue in the Spoons in the Potion’s classroom.
        • Fixed stars being present when focusing telescope during Astronomy class on low settings. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-3032.
        • Fixed stars brightness and pop issues with Astronomy mini-games.
        • Fixed shields not displaying correctly during Crossing Wands missions.
      • Broom flight
        • Fixed player getting trapped while mounting a broom or while rotating a statue.
        • Fixed not landing on Viaduct bridge.
        • Fixed mesh breaking when avatar mounts broom after teleporting in open area.
        • Fixed flash and shuttering when mounting any broom.
      • World Events
        • Fixed wagon carts clipping into one another while avatar is blocking them.
        • Fixed occasional respawning duplication of One Man Band in Hogsmeade.
      • Characters
        • Fixed issue with characters that do not have hair.
      • VFX
        • Fixed broom speed parameters.
        • Fixed enemy shields not displaying correctly during Cross Wands missions.
        • Fixed enemy shields disappearing after being hit several times.
        • Fixed visibility of constellations at the astronomy table.
        • Fixed Dark Wizard Extortionist AOE lightning VFX attack remaining on screen.
    • Audio
      • Fixed audio of waterfall in the cliffside based on avatars proximity.
      • Update latest audio soundbanks.
      • Resolved localization and VO selection properly playing correctly.
    • UI
      • Updated localization strings.
      • Fixed female avatar face appearing different from the creation preview during gameplay. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-543.
      • Fixed transition between UI purchase window and forced conversation with vendors.
      • Fixed map showing wrong path to the map chamber.
      • Fixed damaged being represented when enemy is hit with transformation and Ancient Magic Throw. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-4810.
      • Improve tracking for Room of Requirement.
      • Fixed Ansel issue when FOV is set too high.
      • Fixed UI controller icons displaying correctly based on controller platform type.
    • Cinematics
      • Updated facial animations.
      • Fixed NPC treadmilling during the House Cup.
      • Fixed blurred texture and LOD pop.
      • Fixed Avatar robes appearing before Fig makes them appear before the sorting ceremony.
    • Raytracing
      • Improve stability and performance after long play throughs.
      • Improve VFX performance during while raytracing.
      • Improve performance by batching and caching raytracing buffers.
      • Removed fog volumes for better BVH performance.
      • Fixed RTAO making decals black.
      • Fixed directional light shadows.
      • Fixed shadows on trees.
      • Fixed performance of the culling of lights in the frontend.
    • Save Game
      • Fixed not being able to talk to Vendors during sequential saves after issue being patched. Resolves the following reported issues: HL-412, HL-494, HL-590, HL-5260.
      • Fixed streaming in and out after getting the 'Dung Bomb' field guide and loading a manual save.
      • Fixed an issue when turning off the title and loading an auto-save during final credits causing an infinite loading screen.
      • Fixed voice pitch setting save issue with avatar.
    • Performance and Stability
      • Fixed streaming issues throughout Hogwarts.
      • Fixed crash when common room is being shown to the player.
      • Fixed crash with skeletal mesh.
      • Fixed crash with deflection impacts.
      • Fixed crash when reading dictionary files.
      • Fixed performance when using ancient magic squash finisher on elevated Thornback Ambusher in Rune Door arena.
      • Improve rendering performance of translucent objects.
      • Fixed crash during a story graph.
      • Fixed streaming of plants in the Slytherin Common Room.
      • Fixed several memory leaks.
      • Fixed crash with map icon state.
      • Fixed crash with invalid UI.
      • Fixed streaming out of the Great Hall while navigating Hogwarts. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-71.
      • Fixed crash during audio occlusion checks around player.
      • Fixed crash when using explosive barrels.
      • Fixed crash when using Incendio spell.
      • Fixed crash when using Accio, Confringo, or Stupefy spells.
      • Fixed crash when updating gear items.
      • Fixed crash recursive crash with Solomons shields.
      • Fixed crash with mount zones.
      • Fixed crash during combat cursed lifetime.
      • Fixed crash during and spawning race on broom
      • Fixed occlusion culling with doors opening and closing.
      • Fixed occlusion culling issue.
      • Fixed a crash when travelling to Professor Fig’s classroom.
      • Fixed crashes related with Niagara and destructible related VFX.
      • Fixed a crash with damage over time not registering correctly.
      • Fixed crash spawning actor not being stored correctly.
      • Fixed crash with spawning actors correctly.
      • Fixed crash during character creation. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-232.
      • Fixed optimization animation instancing.
      • Fixed crash with moving stairs.
      • Fixed crash with VFX after prolonged play throughs.
      • Fixed crash related transformations in Overland.
      • Fixed crash dealing with object state.
      • Fixed crash with parry in combat.
      • Fixed crash with VFX AOE.
      • Fixed crash with hints.
      • Fixed crash with achievements with an invalid online userid.
      • Fixed crash while speaking to Rackham.
      • Fixed crash when using Wingardium.
      • Fixed performance drops experienced during longevity of the game.
      • Fixed performance drop in Divination classroom.
      • Improve VRAM usage specially for video cards with reduced memory.
      • Fixed raytracing lighting performance in the frontend.
      • Fixed using Ansel while a spell is being cast.
      • Fixed using Ansel while the avatar is riding a broom.
      • Updated shader compilation with latest PSO cache.
      • Fixed lighting optimization with Nvidia drivers.
    • Display
      • Resolved 32:9 aspect ratio issue when using an Ultrawide monitor. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-260.
      • Fixed Ansel issue when FOV is set too high.
    • Miscellaneous
      • Updated “Special Thanks” credits and legal lines.
      • Updated minimum Nvidia and AMD video driver recommendations.

Nice patch. I only have 3 side quests left, but one is a treasure map (boring and no need for it now). Not sure what the other two are, can't find them.

Nice patch. I only have 3 side quests left, but one is a treasure map (boring and no need for it now). Not sure what the other two are, can't find them.
theyll only give you level 20-something gear anyways, so youre prob not missing much.

Dang, that is a lot of issues. I'll be interested to hear how those with 8-10gb 30 series cards do with ray tracing with these updates.

Dang, that is a lot of issues. I'll be interested to hear how those with 8-10gb 30 series cards do with ray tracing with these updates.

Without ray tracing my RTX 3070 handled it mostly fine. There were some performance issues inside the castle itself where if you run too quickly frame rates could drop into the mid 40s. This was mainly in certain areas and not throughout every place of the castle. Otherwise it ran fairly good with 90-120 frame rates. I had a few crashes. Occasionally there would be a minor stutter when picking up an item and your inventory was full.

Overall not that bad as it was. Certainly playable and what I would consider "minor to moderate performance and bug issues". I have not tried the latest patch, because I am essentially done with the game. I might do a few more of those Merlin trials as I missed a few dozen of them (they get old quick), but I've done essentially all side quests, cleared most bandit camps, and really did not have many issues.

i was getting random and quite often CTDs after the last patch(first one?). i lowered my OC a bit and they stopped....

Anyone having odd RT behavior with this patch? I've seen the following even after rebuilding shader cache.
  • Interior reflections reflecting the outside world.
  • RT Shadows (I think, hard to tell with how bright it gets) being blindingly bright and illuminating environment.

Anyone having odd RT behavior with this patch? I've seen the following even after rebuilding shader cache.
  • Interior reflections reflecting the outside world.
  • RT Shadows (I think, hard to tell with how bright it gets) being blindingly bright and illuminating environment.

I had some weirdness in the greenhouse class with the teacher, the inside of her mouth would glow and be all shiny.

I started over and created a new character ever since I bought my oled monitor the game has been a struggle to run at 1440P and 240hz I originally was playing at 1080P and 144hz I played around with the settings forever even enabled Nvidia DLSS because it was running choppy when I panned the game. I don't think I ever seen a game with so many settings for the game that make it look different everytime you check a setting on or off. I'm reading on Steam that the newer patch screwed some stuff up performance wise but the latest Nvidia drivers fix the crashes.

I did have problem having the game boot today but someone said to run a file checking test with Windows that made the game boot past the black screen.

20230329110212_2.jpg

Last edited:
I updated the Nvidia Drivers fixed everything what a waste of time I thought the drivers I had were good enough.

20230329122108_1.jpg

Stockpile of Wands

20230329121107_2.jpg

Butterbeer I suppose this is the feeling when your in a college town or Hogwarts school

I think its generally a good idea to update drivers 2 or 3 times, after a new game, nowadays.

no it's not...it's just marketing by Nvidia..."get your game-ready drivers"...real optimized drivers won't arrive for months later...sometimes there are legit security issues or some real improvements but mostly it's just silly marketing...the best drivers in terms of overall performance are almost always older drivers

Всем привет. Нужна помощь. Я делаю Garlic 2 и застрял в пещере. Я вернулся к своему последнему сохранению и все еще не могу выйти. Двери, которые закрылись после моста и больше не открываются. Что может быть сделано? я играю на пс5

Back