hl3 NOT confirmed again

Shit man, some of us will be dead/dying by the time it comes around, so there will be no memba berries....

Shit, if they won't make another game, they should at least do something to wrap up Half Life AND Portal story wise. I always got the impression they were in the same world/timeline.

Shit, if they won't make another game, they should at least do something to wrap up Half Life AND Portal story wise. I always got the impression they were in the same world/timeline.

In theory they are. Aperture is supposed to be a rival company of Black Mesa. But HL has more to do with the outside world whereas Portal is significantly more insular.

The sad thing is that at some point I bet we do see a HL:3 and like Chinese Democracy, mbv, the Straight Outta Compton Soundtrack, Street Fighter 3, Star Wars Episode 1, Duke Nukem Forever, etc. it's going to be a massive letdown.

Just seems like Valve are too busy nuzzling the profits at the head of the large schlong that is steam. They left the series on a cliffhanger and thats the last we heard of it. They dodge questions about it and its sad that its almost a pointless question to ask them at this point seeing as its the game that made the company. I just don't get what the issue is with making part 3, initially the episodes were meant to be part three but they couldn't even follow through on those properly.

If it were to be officially announced theres no doubt the interest would come flooding to it, but as of now it just seems like they can't be arsed making it.

Would be funny if they just came out with it and said absolutely nothing. The internet would implode on itself.

Reactions: st4rk
like this
I won't believe it till it actually releases on Steam. Until then all talk, speculation, and rumors are just lies people are inventing. Just my attitude about HL3. The way its going its getting up there with DukeNukem and we all know how that turned out.

I think Valve needs a mature Source 2, Steam Machines, and VR market because HL3 is going to use all 3.

All 3 .... HL3

HL3 re-confirmed.
Valve needs some kind of organized management. From what I've read, they allow people to float around to different projects on a whim, while this sounds like an awesome work environment, I can't imagine that it's optimal for getting projects completed; you need a dedicated team to bring a project to completion, and if they don't have a fixed team dedicated to the project then how are they going to complete it within the next 15 years? If I wanted to paint the interior of my house but decided that I'd do bits and pieces whenever I felt like it, I might get one wall done a week, but I don't operate like that so I would probably try to get the entire task completed within a week.

Valve is busy with Steam, they have their floater workplace, people move from one little Steam project to another. By the time they release another Half-Life game I'll either be dead or have carpal tunnel syndrome and have to watch someone to play it.

The sad thing is that at some point I bet we do see a HL:3 and like Chinese Democracy, mbv, the Straight Outta Compton Soundtrack, Street Fighter 3, Star Wars Episode 1, Duke Nukem Forever, etc. it's going to be a massive letdown.
Because by then, someone like EA or an investment firm will have purchased Steam and taken it public, then the investment firm will be pushing for a big release to raise stock prices and we'll get some half-assed, DLC-ridden, micro-transaction having pile; the ending will be another cliff hanger and it will have a totally unrelated multiplayer element since that's a good avenue for more micro-transactions.

I'd like to be blown away by a new Half-Life game, but, if you haven't noticed, I'm not terribly optimistic about it at the moment.

The last big Valve game was Dota 2 and that is on top of the charts everyday so I think they go where the money is now you have Dota championships and people live their lives around the game.

The last big Valve game was Dota 2 and that is on top of the charts everyday so I think they go where the money is now you have Dota championships and people live their lives around the game.
I don't even know what Dota is. As far I'm concerned the last game ever put out by valve was Portal 2. And before that Episode 2.

When we get down to it: I'll never understand why Valve never followed up on their signature, flagship series. I don't get it.

When we get down to it: I'll never understand why Valve never followed up on their signature, flagship series. I don't get it.

Well, the big idea was to release the Episodes, that was supposed to reduce time between releases, small bites at a time.
I think the Orange Box was the last release of that kind......

Then it sort of fell off the rails with Portal and Left for Dead and now DOTA.

It's like the enthusiasm left Valve and only the fans of the Series were interested in a HL3.

I agree, I'd love to see the series finalized, the story end; all in a well designed package like HL2 was.

I don't think we'll ever see it though, sadly.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
As someone pointed out, Gabe Newell is too busy counting money from Steam to even bother thinking of making HL3...
For all we know, the team who made Halflife 2 may not even be with Valve anymore.
I'm even more surprised no one actually made a Halflife movie, considering we have such junk game movies like Far Cry or Streetfighter etc.

At devdays they confirmed that there would be releasing new content (game?) for vr in 2017. There is some leaks in code recently for half life vr stuff in a source 2 engine code. Valve already said hl3 wouldn't be a vr game but it could still be half life related something but i'm not getting my hopes up.

As someone pointed out, Gabe Newell is too busy counting money from Steam to even bother thinking of making HL3...

Very profound and original. Every 12 yr old on reddit hasnt already said that.

Last edited:
someone contact that guy who hacked into Valve years ago and got the source code for HL2...I have another job for him...

I'm still hopeful that they were just waiting for VR to formalize. Unlikely, but bigger longshots eventually came out.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I'm still hopeful that they were just waiting for VR to formalize. Unlikely, but bigger longshots eventually came out.

Yep. If Valve really wanted to champion VR, then HL3VR would be the killer title to do it.

"By Andy Chalk November 03, 2016"

Unconfirmed on the 3rd day of the 11th month, 3x11 = 33 / 3 = 11 for the 11th month.

HL3 confirmed.

After a couple of adult beverages, I am trying to sort out what is live and what is memorex in my mind. I thought that Valve only announced HL2: Episode 3. Of course, we are talking before my son was born...but I digress. I never thought I heard anything from Valve to confirm HL3 was even in the works.

I am not trying to argue with anyone here. Please confirm or deny my hallucinations.

Valve is working on a future vr tech capable of beaming gameplay directly into the past and your mind. Expect HL3 to be downloaded into your long-term memory with all your achievements sometime 2017.

sad fate HL3 went into nobody knows what the hell is going on with it :( we deserve better.

EP3/HL3 will never come out, if it does it will be a pile of forgotten crap that can't live up to its hype because it was left out for too long just like Duke Nukem turned out to be.

Valve gave up on its gaming community/supporters many moons ago, all they care is about making easy money through other means (cs go skins/cases, dota and other snuff crap).

if Half Life 3 was never coming out why wouldn't Valve just come out and say it's not in development...it's not like people are going to abandon Valve/Steam

if Half Life 3 was never coming out why wouldn't Valve just come out and say it's not in development...it's not like people are going to abandon Valve/Steam

Correct me if I'm wrong but there has been many cases in the past at games expos, interviews etc with Gabe himself where he has mentioned that a sequel to Half Life will not be coming out?

There has been many, many threads and posts surrounding HL3 here on [H] over the past 10 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there has been many cases in the past at games expos, interviews etc with Gabe himself where he has mentioned that a sequel to Half Life will not be coming out?

There has been many, many threads and posts surrounding HL3 here on [H] over the past 10 years.

You are wrong.

Back