HL1 PhysX mod

Cool but sorry no dice, no one is going to buy a Physx card to use it on a engine that is older than some of our forum members.

Cool but sorry no dice, no one is going to buy a Physx card to use it on a engine that is older than some of our forum members.

This is a lot more interesting if you consider that the PhysX engine does not necessarily require the card. What was shown in the video could probably be run easily on a single core CPU and certainly dual or higher. Pretty impressive to see physics arguably better than those of HL2 running in HL1...

It doesnt need the card, some people seem to be confused about that.

Just because Ageia PhysX are involved it doesn't mean you need the card to drive it, it just means they are using the API, something like Havok.

LOL@ possibly better than hl2 physics...Shooting crates is not necessarily new...

I'm holding out for the Trespasser PhysX mod.

Seems pretty pointless to me, Half-life source already has physics before they did this.

Even the sven-co-op mod had physics before that.

I'm quite impressed that they were able to mod it in...

The Half Life GoldSrc engine had physics already?

People aren't considering the implications, this is a proof of concept. It shows it can be done, users incorporating the PhysX engine into other games that is.

It was the modding communities that proved the worth of the GPU, I wouldn't be surprised if fan made projects using the PPU does the same.

People aren't considering the implications, this is a proof of concept. It shows it can be done, users incorporating the PhysX engine into other games that is.

It was the modding communities that proved the worth of the GPU, I wouldn't be surprised if fan made projects using the PPU does the same.
truth in that
I think the PPU might be saved by the mod community, but I bet it wouldn't be in cases where Physx was retrofitted into an existing engine....I think the possibilities with the Unreal3 engine are the PPUs best (and maybe last) hope. Since UE3 natively supports the PPU, I'm wondering if the mod tools won't be used to make some amazing Ageia Island/Cellfactor type mods for UT3.

Back