Hitman Absolution joining the retailer-exclusive DLC idiot parade

Yeah yeah, it just makes me wonder a little bit about the direction this game is headed. I guess we'll see. ;)

So far *knocks on wood* all the indicators that have come out so far suggest that we can do things any number of ways which is the way Hitman is supposed to be. Wanna run and gun? Hope you like dying a lot but you can try it. ;)

Shoot, my trusty silenced tricked out Ballers did plenty of house cleaning. It was quiet...mostly. :cool:

Its gonna have stealth dont worry. Did you guys see the gameplay video in chicago where 47 escapes the police?

Trailer was disappointing imo as far as the game goes.

The animation and everything was great, but Bazooka toting nuns that change into skimpy hooker outfits ? Come on, that's far and away from the spirit of what Hitman is about.

It's like something out of an old 70's grindhouse b-action movie, reminds me of nude nuns with big guns the movie...

I understand that you can play hitman more "action oriented" if you want, but there's a certain line when you throw in stupid enemies that don't fit witht he overall theme/atmosphere of the games.

The animation and everything was great, but Bazooka toting nuns that change into skimpy hooker outfits ? Come on, that's far and away from the spirit of what Hitman is about.

Since when? Hitman has had some absolutely insane missions.

This siding with retailers and not pushing into the future with dd is incredibly pissing me off. Publishers are now like the riaa, mpaa, and the government... Lacks common since and will not listen.

WTH is going on with this game?

The DLC crap is one thing. IBut what about the PC release?

What happened to it?

I had this game pre-ordered for some time. I get an email stating my order has been cancelled. I check the site for the reason why. The physical PC release isn't listed anymore. The only ones listed are the Xbox360, PS3, and Digital Download PC.

Is it coming out on the physical disc or what?

WTH is going on with this game?

The DLC crap is one thing. IBut what about the PC release?

What happened to it?

I had this game pre-ordered for some time. I get an email stating my order has been cancelled. I check the site for the reason why. The physical PC release isn't listed anymore. The only ones listed are the Xbox360, PS3, and Digital Download PC.

Is it coming out on the physical disc or what?

Certainly it's going to get a physical release in addition to digital.

Unfortunately I'm also seeing the ominous "December 31, 2012" release date for the PC download version so usually when Amazon does that it's a signal of "unknown status." That combined with no physical PC option at present gives me a bad feeling.

I'm going to be PISSED if the PC version of this game slips to next year. I'm also hoping the PC version gets Professional Edition like the console versions. I might consider it.

Some good news so far: Steam still lists it at November 20. If I see that get dropped then I'm going to know it's bad news for sure.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/hitman-absolution-hands-on/

PC Gamer hands on!

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest potential gripes solved: You can enable or disable the "instinct option" entirely!

Yes! That's getting shut off first thing out of the box for me.

I dunno, he explained it like this:

Hands-on said:
It’s a filter I can toggle, just like the one Batman uses in his most recent games. But, according to executive producer Rick Valentine, that isn’t IO’s main point of influence: “instinct for us wasn’t about those games at all. It was a response to the mini map in the previous Hitman games where you – well I – would spend about 50% of the game watching green triangles move around the map.”

Having played all the other Hitman games, that makes a lot of sense to me.

EDIT: Ehh, after watching the video in that second link, it does seem a bit overdone and cheat-y. It'd be nice if it was customizable to be able to not see guys so far away through walls and such.

Last edited:
Trailer was disappointing imo as far as the game goes.

It's like something out of an old 70's grindhouse b-action movie, reminds me of nude nuns with big guns the movie...

I understand that you can play hitman more "action oriented" if you want, but there's a certain line when you throw in stupid enemies that don't fit witht he overall theme/atmosphere of the games.

Nuns with hooker outfits pwn u!!!

Well with Hitman I can see people not really caring. All the weapons are just to play around with for the most part. When you play it "right" silent assassin style you don't use your guns almost ever. So it isn't like these will confer some advantage.

Well with Hitman I can see people not really caring. All the weapons are just to play around with for the most part. When you play it "right" silent assassin style you don't use your guns almost ever. So it isn't like these will confer some advantage.

You can take one shot for silent assasin rating.

Speak for yourself man. My silenced ballers and I are headed for very fulfilling and emotional reunion. ;)

It's still a lame concept but I asked a friend of mine to give me the skinny on that Sniper DLC challenge that's exclusive to Gamestop and it's kind of cool but not the end of the world for people that don't bother at least IMO.

He wrote me:

Here is all you need to know about Sniper Challenge:

Its one level where you don't get to move around just use your sniper rifle. You have one main target but he has about twenty guards who are optional (You will need to kill them for a better score and so you can complete some of the challenges). The aim of the game is to acquire as many points as you can in 15 minutes by killing your targets the best way you can.

You can increase your score multiplier by doing challenges like kill the five (I think its five) pigeons in the level. You only have to do the challenges once and they stack so if you do lets say three challenges and then complete the level then the next time you play the level, those said three challenges will have been already done (I think you can fail the level and it still counts). In total there are 14 different challenges to do and some will only be able to be completed once you have done one or all of the other challenges.

Now for doing Sniper Challenge and getting loads of points you unlock these for Hitman Absolution:

Agency Kazo TRG Sniper Rifle (You get this for just playing the game)
Silencer (You get this for just playing the game)
Controlled Breathing I, II & III (Increases stability on sniper rifles, for reduced scope movement)
Extended Clip I, II & III
Rapid Fire Bolt I, II & III (Improves the bolt action of the rifle for increased rate of fire)
Magazine Well I, II, & III (A customized magazine well for improved reloading speed)

All of the points you earn in multiple playthroughs accumulate into one total score which is used to unlock the unlockables.

You can look at some pictures here: http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Hitman:_Sniper_Challenge
Here is a vid someone has put up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtx6eCrDD8A

Clarification:

I asked him: You may not know this and since the game is out in November we're still some time away from this but looking at that particular lineup...I see some nice perks there for people going into the main game. It's not the end of the world but I'm wondering for people that don't go the Gamestop route how they can acquire those same perks or earn them?

When you say "You get this for just playing the game" I'm assuming you mean just for firing up the Sniper Challenge?

Response:

Yes, for just firing up Sniper Challenge you get the Sniper Rifle and Silencer. Gamestop over here is not very big at all so they never really offer pre-order bonuses but there are a few places that offer Sniper Challenge as a pre-order bonus so I'm sure it cant be just one that offers it for the USA, if that is the case then that really sucks for you guys.

The unlockables will only provide an advantage if you use the sniper rifle so your not missing too much.

Last edited:
Latest PC Gamer has an updated preview of Hitman Absolution.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7387/hitmanmi.png

This is pretty big but I kept it at normal size so the text would be clear and legible.

No real surprises there. It's disappointing but not terribly surprising when we get to the "Each stage in Hitman Absolution..." paragraph to the end of the article.

Unfortunately, this isn't going to be Blood Money to the next level.

I still expect a really good game, though.

Yeah, based on the Chinatown gameplay I kinda got the same feel from it. That's mostly why I'm holding out on pre-ordering it (even though there have been some decent deals). I'm afraid it's going to be too restrictive.

But yeah, it should still be a decent game, just maybe not a "true" Hitman sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=szOYjJeHVyw

Full playthrough of a mission. Spoils the way you can play the mission, but also gives a good sense of the systems and mechanics in the game for those still on the fence.

Looks good. It's huge when the dev said: "You can customize and/or turn off everything (HUD, instinct vision,) etc."

Whew! That's the way I'm going to be playing. Purist Mode all the way.

Point shooting is right out of Splinter Cell Conviction where you tag x number of targets and slo mo perfect kill them. I'm glad this perk will come fairly heavily penalized in Hitman so it doesn't get overused.

Last edited:
Looks good. It's huge when the dev said: "You can customize and/or turn off everything (HUD, instinct vision,) etc."

Whew! That's the way I'm going to be playing. Purist Mode all the way.

Point shooting is right out of Splinter Cell Conviction where you tag x number of targets and slo mo perfect kill them. I'm glad this perk will come fairly heavily penalized in Hitman so it doesn't get overused.

Yeah. I didn't play Conviction, but it kind of broke the shooting in Red Dead Redemption. It's not the same kind of game, but I remember being able to do it constantly in that game, which is good for me on a console because I'm horrible with joysticks, but it has no place in a PC shooter with mouse control.

Yeah. I didn't play Conviction, but it kind of broke the shooting in Red Dead Redemption. It's not the same kind of game, but I remember being able to do it constantly in that game, which is good for me on a console because I'm horrible with joysticks, but it has no place in a PC shooter with mouse control.

SCC had a nice implementation that you had to earn to use and was limited. I enjoyed using it. It works well on either controls or KBM.

RDR? Y'know, I rarely use slo mo shooting in that. The rest of the shooting was great. Hell, that game is great, period.

Best guess is Hitman comes a lot closer to SCC's style and implementation and that's a good thing.

BTW: SCC is a helluva good game in its own right. It's pretty cheap now. Certainly if you see it on a great sale I can highly recommend it.

This is not as annoying as when Guild Wars 1 had region specific Items.

they released a lot of weapons for overseas and they are unavailable for USA

Couldn't care less about pre-order incentives. The wait for this game's been way too long. I hope I don't quit on a full Silent Assassin run-through like I did with Blood Money...

Every single time they make some changes and go in a different direction (generally a good one), people claim it isn't a "true" __INSERT GAME HERE__. Really? What the fuck.

Every single time they make some changes and go in a different direction (generally a good one), people claim it isn't a "true" __INSERT GAME HERE__. Really? What the fuck.

So you think that "Instinct Mode", aka wall hacks, was a "generally good direction" for Hitman?

I know you can turn it off but, still.

So you think that "Instinct Mode", aka wall hacks, was a "generally good direction" for Hitman?

Sure, it's fresh, it's different, it's new.

I like that he's so professional that he can anticipate where people will go based on shit like foot steps, pre-determination, etc. Is it completely realistic? Who knows, I'm not a secret agent or a hit man. Is it goin to be FUN (Video Games - Software that should be FUN)? Fuck yeah. The more new shit, the merrier.

Now, is it fun for 'hardcore' players that want the same shit as the last game or two? Probably not, maybe, not sure.

I could argue they could have gone a different direction, perhaps make it so that you see the foot-prints around the corner in slow-motion, and perhaps that's where the enemy MAY go, instead of all out invisible walls that let you see where he'll go 100%. That would have been neater, but this is alright too. But look, you can turn it off as you stated, so it's not even an issue.

I think it's overpowered. Since you can turn it on and off for me it's cool. People that want it can use it. People like me can fire up Purist Mode. Everyone wins. :)

Sure, it's fresh, it's different, it's new.

You play Batman AA or AC yet? ;)

I like that he's so professional that he can anticipate where people will go based on shit like foot steps, pre-determination, etc. Is it completely realistic? Who knows, I'm not a secret agent or a hit man. Is it goin to be FUN (Video Games - Software that should be FUN)? Fuck yeah. The more new shit, the merrier.

I'm pretty sure secret agents and hitmen aren't sporting comic book superhero powers. ;)

Now, is it fun for 'hardcore' players that want the same shit as the last game or two? Probably not, maybe, not sure.

I could argue they could have gone a different direction, perhaps make it so that you see the foot-prints around the corner in slow-motion, and perhaps that's where the enemy MAY go, instead of all out invisible walls that let you see where he'll go 100%. That would have been neater, but this is alright too. But look, you can turn it off as you stated, so it's not even an issue.

I can buy this. Again, since we can adjust all the stuff and turn it all on and off it's all good.

What's good about it is it guarantees a difference experience on replays. And believe me, I replay Hitman games like a crazy person.

I think it's overpowered. Since you can turn it on and off for me it's cool. People that want it can use it. People like me can fire up Purist Mode. Everyone wins. :)

You play Batman AA or AC yet? ;)

I'm pretty sure secret agents and hitmen aren't sporting comic book superhero powers. ;)

I can buy this. Again, since we can adjust all the stuff and turn it all on and off it's all good.

What's good about it is it guarantees a difference experience on replays. And believe me, I replay Hitman games like a crazy person.

Ah cmon Q. You're breaking my balls man haha.

I've beaten AA and AC, and I know you're talking about the x-ray vision, but I mean in the Hitman universe, I really have to start explaining my shit!

I know hitmen and agents aren't using superhero powers, but I mean think about it logically, if you're so keen, you can anticipate where someone will be. That's pretty 'super' to me.

I should have also mentioned replaying. I replayed Blood Money roughly 15-20 times, that's a very good estimate to throw out there, since I VERY RARELY...and I mean OH SHIT...RARELY, play games more than 2-3 times. The Hitman games are something I enjoy doing different ways, and using different weapons or tactics, etc. I'll definitely play it with the "Superhero" (as you put it ;) ) mode on for the first play through, and then play it 20 more times, or even more, in "Purist" mode.

Ah cmon Q. You're breaking my balls man haha.

;)

I've beaten AA and AC, and I know you're talking about the x-ray vision, but I mean in the Hitman universe, I really have to start explaining my shit!

I know hitmen and agents aren't using superhero powers, but I mean think about it logically, if you're so keen, you can anticipate where someone will be. That's pretty 'super' to me.

Alright...I'll let you have this...'cause it's you. ;)

That's pretty friggin' amazing to be equal with Batman and Superman, though. Agent 47 rocks!

:p

I should have also mentioned replaying. I replayed Blood Money roughly 15-20 times,

That's all? ;) :D

that's a very good estimate to throw out there, since I VERY RARELY...and I mean OH SHIT...RARELY, play games more than 2-3 times. The Hitman games are something I enjoy doing different ways, and using different weapons or tactics, etc. I'll definitely play it with the "Superhero" (as you put it ;) ) mode on for the first play through, and then play it 20 more times, or even more, in "Purist" mode.

Oh hell yeah.

Look here's what's going to happen with me. Inevitably there's going to be a replay or several where I decide it's time for unquestioned dominance and that's when the superhero abilities get kicked on.

First playthrough at least has to be Purist Mode all the way for me, though.

Let's not get carried away here, Superman and Batman are about as different as a Corolla and an M3, or a Subway Sub and a sub made with your own gardens' ingredients. Superman is a REAL "SUPER" hero, while Batman is essentially a less lethal version of Baldy-47, who has expensive gadgets. But here's another difference to note, Agent-47 is better AND more efficient than Batman, in my eyes at least, because he's not using any of those gadgets, yet he's unseen and unheard all at once.

Let's not get carried away here, Superman and Batman are about as different as a Corolla and an M3, or a Subway Sub and a sub made with your own gardens' ingredients. Superman is a REAL "SUPER" hero, while Batman is essentially a less lethal version of Baldy-47, who has expensive gadgets. But here's another difference to note, Agent-47 is better AND more efficient than Batman, in my eyes at least, because he's not using any of those gadgets, yet he's unseen and unheard all at once.

these are weird analogies! batman is a super hero! hitman murders people! hahhaha

Let's not get carried away here, Superman and Batman are about as different as a Corolla and an M3, or a Subway Sub and a sub made with your own gardens' ingredients.

Yes, but X-Ray vision IS X-Ray vision. :p

Superman is a REAL "SUPER" hero, while Batman is essentially a less lethal version of Baldy-47, who has expensive gadgets. But here's another difference to note, Agent-47 is better AND more efficient than Batman, in my eyes at least, because he's not using any of those gadgets, yet he's unseen and unheard all at once.

And Agent 47 is on his way to being a superhero with X-Ray vision. :p

So he's a more efficient Batman with Superman's X-Ray vision. ;)

I'm giving you a hard time. :D

I wonder what abilities he'll gain in the sequel to Absolution (which we'd better not have to wait another 6 friggin' years for.)

Back