Hitachi Deskstar 2TB 7200 RPM SATA II - $109.99 IR + FS

jermany755

Weaksauce
I still don't consider these HDD prices [H]ot, but this is the lowest price I've seen since before the flood.

Use code EMCNENB33 for -$20.00

Linky

not bad considering its a 7200rpm vs the 5900rpm seagates on sale.

Still needs to drop down to $80 on these drives. I need to replace my 4x1TB array :D

how reliable is hitachi compare to WD?

I bought one before the hard drive prices went high and it started to click so I had to RMA it. Of course I could have just gotten unlucky. The replacement I have right now is working fine.

Well WD brought Hitachi so ...we shall see. Too bad only two mechanical hard drive companies left.
Hopefully neither of them will be needed much longer with SSD capacity and price being the limiting factor today. Since we all know that capacity keeps going up and price keeps going down, the problem will solve itself soon enough.

Still needs to drop down to $80 on these drives. I need to replace my 4x1TB array :D

Before the flooding incident 1TB drives were floating around $80/drive (1TB WD Caviar Blacks). Got 'em the moment I heard about the floods since I knew I was going to be building a file server a few weeks later for backing up all the computers in the house. Week after I got them the same drives cost $200+.

Hopefully neither of them will be needed much longer with SSD capacity and price being the limiting factor today. Since we all know that capacity keeps going up and price keeps going down, the problem will solve itself soon enough.

LOL. spinning disks aren't going anywhere, and neither are Seagate and WD.

Back