Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

Tormond said:
Finally broke Top 50 on the team...and movin on up :)
You are really cookin!
Unless you continue to borg, you will find that moving up gets progressively more difficult. Right now, it seems you are predicted to pass me in a bit over 600 days. See if you can reduce that and I'll see if I can hold you off. ;)

I borg when and where I can. I just wish I could figure out a way to soundproof my server rack so I could turn those 18 processors back on :/

Or good ones :p

I may have a place to host those 18 processors if you can live with them being offsite. NC to MD is a bit far to move them, though :( Oh well.

I passed 3000 WU last night, next goal is 400,000 points :) The top 150 for the team is really close. And to think I started with one CPU, then 2, then 3, then...

Peace,
Tim

The problem isnt that I cant stand the noise, the problem is that the only place I can put the rack is outside my theatre room and it is a bit distracting to the movie.. not to mention that it is a bit loud as it echoes thru the whole house as well :) (damn 12" fans)

Tormond said:
...it is a bit distracting to the movie.. not to mention that it is a bit loud as it echoes thru the whole house as well :)
Carpet does a great job of sound isolation, and it's cheap.

Tormond said:
The problem isnt that I cant stand the noise, the problem is that the only place I can put the rack is outside my theatre room and it is a bit distracting to the movie.. not to mention that it is a bit loud as it echoes thru the whole house as well :) (damn 12" fans)

woah...12 inch fans? what type of fans are these??

Hit 40k :D

Can't use carpet as it keeps the heat in entirely too well as muffle the sound. The rack that I use has 12" fan in the top of it for airflow (is the only fan in the unit) and it runs at something like 4 bazillion RPM so it is loud as all hell. The carpet would block the side airvents so cant really use that. My theatre room pretty well soundproofed already but the server rack still makes a nasty racket. I had this in my old house in a side building so the noise didnt matter (well to me) and teh new house had a seperate apartment that came with it that I was really hoping to use as a boxen room(s) but I had a friend that neded soewhere to stay and the rent sure helps the house payment :)

The CPUs are mounted in servers (which are also loud) !!! a Quad CPU Netserver, 2 Dual CPU netservers, a couple dual CPU dells and some 1U single CPU servers in there... Sure wish I could fire it back up permenantly and not just when I need to do some training/Fileswapping etc :(

woo hoo 13 work units and 2536 points!

I tried to keep my pc folding when I wen t on vacation but then there was a power outage so I only got 2 work units during the week.

Bbq said:
woo hoo 13 work units and 2536 points!

I tried to keep my pc folding when I wen t on vacation but then there was a power outage so I only got 2 work units during the week.
Get a UPS, man. It is SOOOO worth it.

well i hit 5,000 points wooo

yes yes i am still a n00bie :)

Broke into the top 150 for the team... finally. Dang, Progress through the ranks is getting slower now :) Which when you think about it is a good thing ...

Peace,
Tim

Awesome Congrats on breaking into the 150's

i just left the 3k's hehehe

got into the 14k today
wil try to break into 15k by the end of the night.
joy!

Strikemaster said:
Not a milestone, perhaps, but significant to me...

One and a half million points :)

Way to go Strikemaster. After 1 million, the milestones are pretty hard to come by.

Fold On!

I passed

8 fricken million

w00 w00

Back