HIS 6850 139.99 and FS

good to see this thread is still about so called do gooders trying to screw people over when they have no clue about the facts.

Matlock would be proud of your deductive reasoning skills. Some of you watch way too many crime dramas on TV and think you have a clue.

My 6850 crossfire setup is rocking and talking and I was one of the first to buy. Oh noes a cheap card from a cheap company must be stolen!!! whatever shall I do. Alert the media!

nobody is trying to screw anyone. some of us are just curious at this point to know the truth, good bad or indifferent. What exactly is your explanation of incorrect names on invoices of all the packages? and why are there multiple seller accounts selling the same things for the same prices?

nobody is trying to screw anyone. some of us are just curious at this point to know the truth, good bad or indifferent. What exactly is your explanation of incorrect names on invoices of all the packages? and why are there multiple seller accounts selling the same things for the same prices?

what incorrect names? my name was right, and the dude billed was the dude billed. How the hell do I know what his name is? Or how the hell do I know what the guy on ebay's name is?

My name on ebay is jimmy smith, I am not jimmy smith. There is no correlation. This whole thing is ridiculous and baseless. People assume a deal is too good to be true on a cheaper vidcard that is cheap anyways. You want to be paranoid with no clue as to wholesale costs about these cards knock yourself out. I am not going to make a fuss over nothing. If you are a retail purchaser for a large retailer and know this card is being sold for under costs, then you have a soapbox to stand on. But no one thus far is, and this whole thing is ridiculous. Bunch of wannabe CSI guys on the web who are clueless as to the reality of circumstance.

Then you won't have any problems putting up the name and order number from the invoice. Come on, put your info where your mouth is.

I like killer deals as well as the next person. I don't like seeing people get ripped off.

so you want me to give you my information because you think you are matlock?

good luck with your witch hunt, prosecutor. Get off your high horse and mind your own business. If something was going on, it would have been handled, when the guy was reported the first week this happened. Go champion some other cause and stop pretending you have a badge.

I am yet again done with this ridiculous thread and debate.

so you want me to give you my information because you think you are matlock?

good luck with your witch hunt, prosecutor. Get off your high horse and mind your own business. If something was going on, it would have been handled, when the guy was reported the first week this happened. Go champion some other cause and stop pretending you have a badge.

I am yet again done with this ridiculous thread and debate.

Your information is on the invoice right? It was you who purchased the card. Oh wait...that's right, the invoice has some random person (for many people who bought these) so giving up the invoice information would not harm you in the least, because it wasn't invoiced to you.....or in this case one of the people who had a non-matching invoice.

Then you won't have any problems putting up the name and order number from the invoice. Come on, put your info where your mouth is.

I like killer deals as well as the next person. I don't like seeing people get ripped off.

Because handing out addresses and order information to someone on a forum is not shady either? Come on... If NewEgg was concerned, it is ridiculously easy for them to track down HIS 6850 + 2 day shipping orders with non matched address. This would take about 15 seconds of someone typing in a SQL query to get the results.

this shit would not even hit neweggs radar until someone brings it to their attention...

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036757281&postcount=153

giving your payment info away to an unknown party over ebay to save $25 is retarded is it worth the headaches if the person is a crook...

I've seen this deal on 3 forums and on each forum someone has attempted to bring it to NewEgg's attention (and multiple times). If this is shady, NewEgg shares some of the blame at this point.

Last edited:
Its hard for Newegg to accuse any of its customers because its hard to prove it just based on suspicion until the credit card disputes start coming in and authorities begin asking for the IP addresses from where these orders are made from. To Newegg, every purchase is simply made with a new account. Hell, the person ordering them doesn't even have to use a credit card, with a SSN he can open a Newegg preferred account, use the Bill Me Later, or some other type of identity fraud.

And no one is trying to be an "internet cop", I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what they are capable of doing and not doing as far as responding to the alleged issue, so don't trip if someone accuses something of shadyness, the worst that can happen is someone reporting to the IC3 of the FBI. People are entitled to form an opinion based on the information given. Theres nothing wrong with letting other people know how you feel about it given that this is a discussion forum.

Its hard for Newegg to accuse any of its customers because its hard to prove it just based on suspicion until the credit card disputes start coming in and authorities begin asking for the IP addresses from where these orders are made from. To Newegg, every purchase is simply made with a new account. Hell, the person ordering them doesn't even have to use a credit card, with a SSN he can open a Newegg preferred account, use the Bill Me Later, or some other type of identity fraud.

And no one is trying to be an "internet cop", I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what they are capable of doing and not doing as far as responding to the alleged issue, so don't trip if someone accuses something of shadyness, the worst that can happen is someone reporting to the IC3 of the FBI. People are entitled to form an opinion based on the information given. Theres nothing wrong with letting other people know how you feel about it given that this is a discussion forum.

Excellent points, that's why I created a discussion thread to give people a single place to share information, should they choose to, because there are two of these OMG 6850 for $140 on eBay threads here, where two groups of people were buying the same card from two different seller.whatever names on eBay.....

Aside from $25 or even $40.....(difference between new and eBay prices) not being at all worth the risk, when I saw that there were multiple sellers with seller.whatever format names offering the same product on eBay for the same price...I got suspicious, but hey its believable. But then when the reports of buyers receiving them with random strangers names as the "bill to/ ship to" on the invoices I was like uh oh.......not good, as there's really no good and reasonable explanation for that.......

Thinking people should be alarmed and should be wanting answers, I started suggesting people start working together to compare info and then get with eBay/PayPal/newegg to find out what the deal is. Because by not doing anything I consider that to be negligent and accessory to a crime if any such was occurring. Guilty for saying nothing and allowing other peoples credit to get raped in order to afford them a measley few bucks off a damn video card......and as I expected there are those who are indeed telling people like yourself and I to "shut up because were getting what we wanted"

Its downright sickening to be honest and creates a double standard. I am sure if any of those people end up getting owned by one of the perps they will all of a sudden be ready to scream to the top of the mountains, but as long as they are getting a good deal and not personally affected, they are willing to sit and watch the fallout.

Like I have said before, this could be nothing.....but I think its rather interesting to see it unraveling and seeing how the conscience works.

Last edited:
Excellent points, that's why I created a discussion thread to give people a single place to share information, should they choose to, because there are two of these OMG 6850 for $140 on eBay.

Aside from $25 or even $40.....(difference between new and eBay prices) not being at all worth the risk, when I saw that there were multiple sellers with seller.whatever format names offering the same product on eBay for the same price...I got suspicious, but hey its believable. But then when the reports of buyers receiving them with random strangers names as the "bill to/ ship to" on the invoices I was like uh oh.......not good, as there's really no good and reasonable explanation for that.......

Thinking people should be alarmed and should be wanting answers, I started suggesting people start working together to compare info and then get with eBay/PayPal/newegg to find out what the deal is. Because by not doing anything I consider that to be negligent and accessory to a crime if any such was occurring. Guilty for saying nothing and allowing other peoples credit to get raped in order to afford them a measley few bucks off a damn video card......and as I expected there are those who are indeed telling people like yourself and I to "shut up because were getting what we wanted" .

Its downright sickening to be honest and creates a double standard. I am sure if any of those people end up getting owned by one of the perps they will all of a sudden be ready to scream to the top of the mountains, but as long as they are getting a good deal and not personally affected, they are willing to sit and watch the fallout.

Like I have said before, this could be nothing.....but I think its rather interesting to see it unraveling and seeing how the conscience works.

Isn't that human nature? You expect different? ;) We actually had strong evolutionary incentives to try to get more with less. The rudiments of our complex barter system is even observed in chimps.

Isn't that human nature? You expect different? ;) We actually had strong evolutionary incentives to try to get more with less. The rudiments of our complex barter system is even observed in chimps.

It is interesting indeed. I think about what a single random stranger was able to get so many people to do in the name of saving a few dollars. Its fairly sickening. I hope for everyone's sake its a simple thing like someone who works there is buying new unopened returns at an employee discount and simply reselling them at a small discount. This would explain the unmatching invoices. If it were me I would have at least removed the strangers info from the box and taped it back shut.......

now if only we can figure out why they only have 4 specific items for sale and not more. I mean, if it's fraud, it shouldn't matter to the guy what he's selling right?

now if only we can figure out why they only have 4 specific items for sale and not more. I mean, if it's fraud, it shouldn't matter to the guy what he's selling right?

In a case of massive fraud you have to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because your time will run out eventually. Hot ticket items for less than discounted retail move super fast. There's no reason to waste time with a bunch of items, just quantity of a couple fast sellers.

BEWARE!

ordered from seller.johnmargel. i have not received any tracking information or anything. last night i got a call from credit card company with little over $5000 worth of fraudulent charges ... most from lenovo and newegg. obviously i declined them, cancelled my card and i have a new one on the way. but this is NO coincidence. i have not used the card for anything else in past week or two.

curious what where the items purchased from newegg and lenovo perhaps their is a link to what said person is selling and i noticed the seller accounts go dormant for a little bit of time then back up anyone willing to bet their is a pattern

How does he get the CC info if you buy through PayPal? :eek:
Only if the seller somehow hacks the account and somehow manages to figure out the first 12 cc digits that are not shown. ;) Really, it's mostly ignorant FUD being spread by someone who obviously has zero knowledge of what information is available to sellers or what's stored in the viewable profile.

In a case of massive fraud you have to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because your time will run out eventually. Hot ticket items for less than discounted retail move super fast. There's no reason to waste time with a bunch of items, just quantity of a couple fast sellers.

erm yea, there are a lot of other items that would sell faster than what he had.

Why risk putting multiple items up? High dollar items would draw more attention - these sell a lot normally so it wouldn't raise suspicion. Think about it, why would NewEgg think any differently? The cards are going to different buyers, the whole system is automated so it's not like someone is entering the orders and going 'hmm, different billing address and shipping address, strange'.

I had this happen to me, my CC number got stolen and they bought makeup and other random shit and shipped it to different people. Unless a group of people figure it out and report them they just get away with it and keep doing it. Why would someone use a stolen number to buy something that's not super expensive? TO KEEP OFF THE RADAR.

You should be ashamed of yourselves if your thought is 'well I got my card, I don't care who the fuck it was billed to' - karma is a son of a bitch.

Why risk putting multiple items up? High dollar items would draw more attention - these sell a lot normally so it wouldn't raise suspicion. Think about it, why would NewEgg think any differently? The cards are going to different buyers, the whole system is automated so it's not like someone is entering the orders and going 'hmm, different billing address and shipping address, strange'.

I had this happen to me, my CC number got stolen and they bought makeup and other random shit and shipped it to different people. Unless a group of people figure it out and report them they just get away with it and keep doing it. Why would someone use a stolen number to buy something that's not super expensive? TO KEEP OFF THE RADAR.

You should be ashamed of yourselves if your thought is 'well I got my card, I don't care who the fuck it was billed to' - karma is a son of a bitch.

Tell you what. PROVE without a doubt that these are stolen. Until then. GTFO.

If something shady was going on here, why hasn't NewEgg stopped it after it has already been reported multiple times? If NewEgg doesn't care and sends out the cards, I don't think people have a lot to be ashamed about.

what incorrect names? my name was right, and the dude billed was the dude billed. How the hell do I know what his name is? Or how the hell do I know what the guy on ebay's name is?

My name on ebay is jimmy smith, I am not jimmy smith. There is no correlation. This whole thing is ridiculous and baseless. People assume a deal is too good to be true on a cheaper vidcard that is cheap anyways. You want to be paranoid with no clue as to wholesale costs about these cards knock yourself out. I am not going to make a fuss over nothing. If you are a retail purchaser for a large retailer and know this card is being sold for under costs, then you have a soapbox to stand on. But no one thus far is, and this whole thing is ridiculous. Bunch of wannabe CSI guys on the web who are clueless as to the reality of circumstance.

Except the dude billed is a different dude on every single order from this guy. Something really fishy is going on for him to be sending all these cards out as direct orders from newegg with a different billing address on every order.

Except the dude billed is a different dude on every single order from this guy. Something really fishy is going on for him to be sending all these cards out as direct orders from newegg with a different billing address on every order.

thats what nobody can explain and i am sure Newegg could if even just one single person emailed them asking "Why does my invoice have someone else's name on it?"

thats would be an interesting response, especially after they found out theres tons of them wrong....

has anyone tried looking up one of these individuals and calling them to ask if they ordered a HD6850? that would be an interesting call indeed

i had to do that once. i got an email with an order confirmation from Dell. It had the ladies name, address, the complete details of the order she placed, shipping address, etc......it was all there, but somehow Dell managed to send it to my personal email address. It even had her phone number. So I called her up and explained that i had gotten this email from Dell and she was agast that Dell had given out her personal info but thanked me for being honest and deleting her info and contacting her.

yes, Karma....it gets around

Tell you what. PROVE without a doubt that these are stolen. Until then. GTFO.

Ooooo internet badass.

Ok then, why don't you give me the billed to information on your packing slip and I will personally call them and ask if that charge was authorized. I'm not doing anything today - I would assume you're too chicken shit to do that though and will make excuses.

So until you do that why don't you 'GTFO' - I bet if they say their CC was stolen you won't send the card to the rightful owner will you?

Edit: That goes for all of you, if this guy won't give me the billed to info why don't some of you?

Ooooo internet badass.

Ok then, why don't you give me the billed to information on your packing slip and I will personally call them and ask if that charge was authorized. I'm not doing anything today - I would assume you're too chicken shit to do that though and will make excuses.

So until you do that why don't you 'GTFO' - I bet if they say their CC was stolen you won't send the card to the rightful owner will you?

Edit: That goes for all of you, if this guy won't give me the billed to info why don't some of you?

Alternatively, you could buy one for yourself to collect evidence, then use that information to go all C.S.I. on these video cards and figure out the truth.

i think their should be a rule against ebay hot deal threads this will solve the problem permanently from all sides the community is being fractured over saving $25 on a video card. the truth is no one knows what is going on with these cards or the sellers of them it could be a great deal then again it could be an elaborate credit card fishing scheme. hell the invoices from newegg could be fake. the bottom line is this everyone has the right to have their own opinion and this is a public forum where said opinions are being voiced. some are skeptical, some are not, and some are down right hostile. to all i say this lets just respect eachohthers opinions and everyone's right to disagree

Last edited:
Alternatively, you could buy one for yourself to collect evidence, then use that information to go all C.S.I. on these video cards and figure out the truth.

Or you can keep being a douchebag. Why the hostility? Are you that afraid that some of us are actually right and they are stolen? What harm is it if you give the billed to information? If you're so sure it's legit then there's no harm.

I am not going to buy one, I have a conscience and would return the card then be out of my money. You know once they get payment it's gone.

I hope I'm wrong - I really do, but it is set up like it's based around CC theft. You really can't see that? Why do you think the listings said 'one per customer?'

Last edited:
Ooooo internet badass.

I'll PM you the info of 2 cards I purchased from this guy last week.

Or you can keep being a douchebag. Why the hostility? Are you that afraid that some of us are actually right and they are stolen? What harm is it if you give the billed to information? If you're so sure it's legit then there's no harm.

I am not going to buy one, I have a conscience and would return the card then be out of my money. You know once they get payment it's gone.

I hope I'm wrong - I really do, but it is set up like it's based around CC theft. You really can't see that? Why do you think the listings said 'one per customer?'

I have no hostility about the whole thing. You have definitely been one of the antagonizers with things like telling people they should feel ashamed and now name calling. A lot of people just don't want to hand out their own or other people's personal information on the internet. What was your plan when you call up person X and say "Hey did you authorized a charge from NewEgg?" Who the heck would answer that? I wouldn't answer it from a random person even if I did buy something from NewEgg! :eek:

finally got my tracking number, should arrive today. ill post bill to info. although, since i bugged and threatened it will probably have my info on it (except i technically had to pay twice which bank already took care of)

tracking shows it went out on 26th and the fraud charge from newegg was on 25th. (even though my card was bought from ebay with paypal payment having gone in days before)

Keep it civil, or I'm sure the admins will jump in here real fast ..

Seafoam, I will send you the bill to info from my order when I get home tonight.

For the record I just resold my card on ebay, also the seller had limit 2 per customer.

In my exp. "karma is a bitch" is just the easy way out saying for folks who have been dicked over before and trying to justify moving on with their lives. I've been scammed way too many times over the internet, not even a chance that any of those guys "got what they deserved," even after I "took them to court."

Well, finally got mine. Working like a charm in my old C2D system! Now I just have to wait on my 2500k, memory and MB to get here from Newegg!

I have no hostility about the whole thing. You have definitely been one of the antagonizers with things like telling people they should feel ashamed and now name calling. A lot of people just don't want to hand out their own or other people's personal information on the internet. What was your plan when you call up person X and say "Hey did you authorized a charge from NewEgg?" Who the heck would answer that? I wouldn't answer it from a random person even if I did buy something from NewEgg! :eek:

Then why don't YOU call up the person on your packing slip and ask them, since you are such a good guy now that you won't give the information. You won't even do that. I am not antagonizing, nor am I the one that started telling people to STFU or GTFO out first. I'm just trying to do the right thing, which is make sure it's legit - something that you will not do because you don't want to chance losing your precious card.

I personally would be very thankful if someone called me up and asked me that, at least if I didn't authorize it and my card was stolen I could stop it before more damage was done. Seriously, what if it was you or your family member's that got their CC number or identity stolen, oh that's right it's not, so it's ok right? :rolleyes:

I know I'm done in this thread......people are going to do what they are going to do, not going to change their minds. Just another reminder of how self-centered and opportunistic the general population is. The science of society is an interesting animal indeed.......you like to think everyone is generally good but if you give them a chance to save a few bucks the more sinister side emerges, the side that is going to do whatever benefits them first and the rest can wait. :(

Back