Highest Tetris score

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
What's your highest level to get on Tetris? Mines 144. I can't seem to beat it. I'm sure someone here has it in the 200s.

scores? you mean level?

ive been to 2300 lines wich is level 230 in tetris ds and i stopped because i was bored with it

dont believe me? oh well...im not gonna argue here

at one point tetris isnt getting harder , its just a matter of knowing how to deal with each pieces... and with the ''reserve pieces spot'' in tetris ds , it couldnt be easier to score like that , especially with the sleeping mode

No no, I meant yes levels, instead of score.

My friend got an amazing Tetris score, but he kind've cheated. He would pause the game at every new peice so he never messed up... heh.

It really depends on the version.

On the NES I can get around 150
On the SNES a bit higher than that, ~170
On the N64, 1 line does not equal 1 line (it's totally fubar) so I really don't remember,
On the DS, probably infinite. I got to like 350 the one day and it wasn't getting any harder, so I stopped playing.

I finished Tetris on the Gameboy Advance. I don't remember what the score was, but I was pretty dang impressed with myself.

I had been playing for so long that day that it was like I was in bullet-time or something. The pieces seemed to drop in slow motion at the higher levels because I was in the zone.

phoderpants said:
I had been playing for so long that day that it was like I was in bullet-time or something. The pieces seemed to drop in slow motion at the higher levels because I was in the zone.
Hahahahha, you sound like a druggie, no offense.

Reminds me of that ep of Futurama where Fry hits the magical 100 cups of coffee, and time stops, and he saves everyone. :D

movax said:
Hahahahha, you sound like a druggie, no offense.

Reminds me of that ep of Futurama where Fry hits the magical 100 cups of coffee, and time stops, and he saves everyone. :D

Video games are my drug of choice. :D

hes good , but its no astonishing...

this street fighter video is way better , and dramatic

Slartibartfast said:
I'll bet it's doctored - they just recorded him playing and sped it up.

Wow, I didn't catch that. The hands look sped up and look at the moire pattern on the crt screen. It's moving much too fast.

I actually have a great story about Tetris now that I think about it:

My friend had an HP calculator with Tetris that I would borrow every single day in Biostatistics my senior year of college. I never listened to the teacher, only played, so I don't know how many hours that makes for the whole semester, but it was a whole lot. So I could never finish the thing because it would get insanely fast (like in the second video posted) at the last ten or so levels - I shit you not. Anyway, I finished that game at the very last minute of the very last day of class. It was the only time I beat it and since it was the last day of class, also the very last time I played on his calculator. It was a fitting end to the class. Four credits in playing Tetris and that was my final exam. :D

For the orignal gameboy i got to level 19, with 197 lines. I got that, had a completely clear screen and couldn't get a single line more after that. I've reached 193 and 195 also, but that's it for the level 19's for me. An average day I get between level 15 and 17 though. Just sad that I never got to level 20 :(

One day I was playing so well, like a robot, piling up those pieces one by one, really fast, in the right place ... at some point I had to stop playing on purpose because this game has no end.

No wonder it's a Russian game.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
What's your highest level to get on Tetris? Mines 144. I can't seem to beat it. I'm sure someone here has it in the 200s.

My dad can beat up your dad.

phoderpants said:
I actually have a great story about Tetris now that I think about it:

My friend had an HP calculator with Tetris that I would borrow every single day in Biostatistics my senior year of college. I never listened to the teacher, only played, so I don't know how many hours that makes for the whole semester, but it was a whole lot. So I could never finish the thing because it would get insanely fast (like in the second video posted) at the last ten or so levels - I shit you not. Anyway, I finished that game at the very last minute of the very last day of class. It was the only time I beat it and since it was the last day of class, also the very last time I played on his calculator. It was a fitting end to the class. Four credits in playing Tetris and that was my final exam. :D

nice!

Slartibartfast said:
I'll bet it's doctored - they just recorded him playing and sped it up.

People say that all the time. It's not. ;) Check out the other grandmaster tetris video posted. It has a timer.

phoderpants said:
Wow, I didn't catch that. The hands look sped up and look at the moire pattern on the crt screen. It's moving much to fast.

You've never seen a pianist? Michael Johnson took a running step every 0.08s at full speed and somehow this guy's hands are moving too fast. Think of how fast you would have to move your fingers and hands to come even close to the world typing records then ask if this tetris guy's hands are moving too fast. Remember that you're looking at videos of people who have beaten everyone else in the entire world, not your school friends.

Neurofreeze said:
People say that all the time. It's not. ;) Check out the other grandmaster tetris video posted. It has a timer.

You've never seen a pianist? Michael Johnson took a running step every 0.08s at full speed and somehow this guy's hands are moving too fast. Think of how fast you would have to move your fingers and hands to come even close to the world typing records then ask if this tetris guy's hands are moving too fast. Remember that you're looking at videos of people who have beaten everyone else in the entire world, not your school friends.

Look at the scan lines on the monitor of the first video. They're going much faster than normal. It's sped up.

no it's not. they're just showing a split screen to see how fast the person's hands have to move. the reason it looks sped up is because he has to flick the stick to get it to move at the speed he wants. this is like watching your friends playing basketball trying to dunk and then watching jordan dunk from the freethrow line. It looks fake but is actually a testiment of their skill.

He's not talking about the hands, look at the scan lines on the monitor. Definetly sped up.

i have it installed (java) on me phone :D. highest level was like... 9 or 10 or somn.

re: future pieces, would it be cheating if you can see the next 5 pieces of the puzzle? if so, how do people play? with or without knowing the future pieces? you can do either.

Original tetris got boring for me pretty fast. But when I got the N64 New Tetris I went nuts. It helped that I had a friend that was on par with my skill if not a little better. I was quicker but he did better in Marathon mode. Anyways, that was pretty sweet.

We got to be fast enough that we would spend most of the time waiting for the N64s graphics. I remember there was one level where we would also score a few seconds worse because it was more graphically intesnive and "laggy." We were both able to get 150 lines in under 35 seconds before we quit player ... it was good times. Although I have to be fair and say that the point system is much different ... you can form 4x4 squares which count for extra points when you clear them.

Did anyone else fall in love with this game?

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
He's not talking about the hands, look at the scan lines on the monitor. Definetly sped up.

Seriously! When I type "Scan lines," how does that get misconstrued as "hands" twice in one thread???

On Tetris DS last Friday (the last time I'll probably ever play the game ;)), I broke through 1,000 lines in endless mode (starting at level 20). I don't know how many over 999 I got because it stopped counting. My score when I let it go so I could sleep was 3,600,000 points. Given how round that number is, I wonder if that's the maximum or if I just quit at a nice number.

The last time I seriously played Tetris was on the original Gameboy version, and I had to quit that because I bought my mom a Gameboy and she started schooling me.

Now I'm getting addicted to New Super Mario Brothers with a little Metroid Prime Pinball for variety. I picked up Magnetica for my mom since she "pwned" Zuma on her PC. :D

It really depends on the version.

On the NES I can get around 150
On the SNES a bit higher than that, ~170
On the N64, 1 line does not equal 1 line (it's totally fubar) so I really don't remember,
On the DS, probably infinite. I got to like 350 the one day and it wasn't getting any harder, so I stopped playing.

on the original game boy i could only get about 115 lines..

For the orignal gameboy i got to level 19, with 197 lines. I got that, had a completely clear screen and couldn't get a single line more after that. I've reached 193 and 195 also, but that's it for the level 19's for me. An average day I get between level 15 and 17 though. Just sad that I never got to level 20

:rolleyes:
OK guys it's not bad..Mine is :

Tetris GB (the first) : 286 lines ; mode B : H5 lv. 17
Tetris NES : ~240 lines
Tetris&Dr. Mario : 328 lines
TGM : rank Gm in 12:06:~~
TGM2 : rank S8 in 9:58:~~
T.A. D : lv 436
;)

On my Cell phone, 141 lines. On my Calculator a long time ago I made it to lvl 16. Its harder on the Cell phone because you can't hit more then one button at a time.

Back