High quality online music streaming for Android?

Parja

[H]F Junkie
Just got my Droid X yesterday and tried out Pandora connected to my car's audio system. The quality was pretty crappy. The compression artifacts in the treble were almost painful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a higher quality online streaming music program (similar to Pandora, if possible) that features higher quality streaming?

Just got my Droid X yesterday and tried out Pandora connected to my car's audio system. The quality was pretty crappy. The compression artifacts in the treble were almost painful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a higher quality online streaming music program (similar to Pandora, if possible) that features higher quality streaming?

There's a normal quality stream and a high quality stream for Pandora. Did you turn on the high quality option?

Wunder Radio and OOtunes were on iPhone and they were pretty mainstream...I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't already developing an android compatible version...

both are excellent aps with 33,000 radio stations that you can choose from...

There's a normal quality stream and a high quality stream for Pandora. Did you turn on the high quality option?

I did find that setting today and set it for high quality. It's definitely better. Not great, but better.

I did find that setting today and set it for high quality. It's definitely better. Not great, but better.

Subscribe to Pandora One. You get 192kbps AAC.

I also use xiia live and then stream in 1.FM stations.

Subscribe to Pandora One. You get 192kbps AAC.

I also use xiia live and then stream in 1.FM stations.

I'm not so sure that applies to the Android app. Have Pandora One and I still have the song skips per hour limitation.

I'm not so sure that applies to the Android app. Have Pandora One and I still have the song skips per hour limitation.

I can't look at the Pandora site from work, but I do recall that a Pandora One subscription applies to all Pandora services including the iPhone app, Android app, and the AT&T WinMo App.

Pandora One does not change the song skip limitation, it removes advertisements and increases the quality of the bitstream and offers a Windows desktop application.

Doesn't apply to Android:

High Quality 192Kbps audio, one of the highest-quality streaming music bitrates available, for each and every song in our collection, when you listen to:

Pandora on your computer via our website and the Mini Tuner, or via the
Pandora One Desktop Application.

Pandora mobile apps and in-home devices currently do not support High Quality 192Kbps streams, although we're very interested in expanding High Quality audio options at some point in the future.

http://blog.pandora.com/faq//contents/64.html

Back