• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

"High Power" power supplies?

denali

n00b
Joined
Nov 7, 2008
Messages
60
Anyone ever heard of this company? If so, how are their PSUs? I tried searching here and JohnnyGURU's and didn't see any reviews. :(
 
The HP-1200-G14S(C)-GOLD model apparently received a 80 Gold certification @ 1200W. I though that was interesting, but I hadn't heard of this brand or if it had a reputation.

Yeah I wouldn't look too much into the Gold Certification. the 80Plus program does not test if the PSU is of good quality. There are efficient PSUs out there that are of poor quality.

Oh It's Sirtec as HOOfan_1 said:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/sirtec-high-power-1200w-psu-review/1

I wouldn't bother considering it. Sirtec's PSUs are..of questionable quality to say the least.
 
Yeah I wouldn't look too much into the Gold Certification. the 80Plus program does not test if the PSU is of good quality. There are efficient PSUs out there that are of poor quality.

Oh It's Sirtec as HOOfan_1 said:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/sirtec-high-power-1200w-psu-review/1

I wouldn't bother considering it. Sirtec's PSUs are..of questionable quality to say the least.

Yeah, after HOOfan_1 posted his message I can safely say that satisfied my curiousity. :D
 
Yeah I wouldn't look too much into the Gold Certification. the 80Plus program does not test if the PSU is of good quality. There are efficient PSUs out there that are of poor quality.

Oh It's Sirtec as HOOfan_1 said:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/sirtec-high-power-1200w-psu-review/1

I wouldn't bother considering it. Sirtec's PSUs are..of questionable quality to say the least.

and even if they did have a quality reguirement, the cheapass OEMs would find a way to circumvent it, or meet it while still selling you the same BS that blows up within a year ;)
 
I believe High Power is a retail wing of Sirtec...or Sirfa now I guess
A Gold-rated Sirfa, eh? Sounds kinda like the Z-series...

I would avoid. Sirtec PSUs are decent at best and terrible at worst, and there are much better choices out there.
 
Back
Top