High end watercooling case - any recommendations?

echn111

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to upgrade my case for high end watercooling. My current case cannot handle many internal radiators so my current watercooled system is running hot. So I'm looking for a case that can handle at least two large radiators "internally" without extensive modifications. It has to be a genuine high end case and look the business. (And it can't be a mountain mod/ufo).

The only case I see that matches this is the Silverstone TJ07 but lots of people seem to have this case already.

Are there any better cases for high end watercooling than the Silverstone TJ07? If nothing better, anything similar?

Are you cool with doing modifications to it?

The lian-li PC-V1200 and 1000 (or their bigger brothers) are great for watercooling if you don't mind doing some chopping :)

Infact, this monday, I'll be modding a (smaller) PC-V1000B to accomodate some very high-end watercooling. I've got a project log up if you're interested.

Are you cool with doing modifications to it?

The lian-li PC-V1200 and 1000 (or their bigger brothers) are great for watercooling if you don't mind doing some chopping :)

Infact, this monday, I'll be modding a (smaller) PC-V1000B to accomodate some very high-end watercooling. I've got a project log up if you're interested.

Was hoping to avoid 'extensive' modding, although some small mods I'm fine with and could be interesting. Could be useful to see your log as I am considering my options with Lian Li cases as well.

Lian Li PC v-2000, a few cuts and you're good to go.

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

TJ07 - you can squeeze in a PA120.3 in the bottom without modifications. Might want to change out the screws with rubber grommets, pad out case doors and change out the fans, it has some vibration-related noise problems.

TJ07 - you can squeeze in a PA120.3 in the bottom without modifications. Might want to change out the screws with rubber grommets, pad out case doors and change out the fans, it has some vibration-related noise problems.

That's the thing. I know the TJ07 is the "standard" high end watercooling case that barely needs any mods to fit in a nice W/C system. But it's just one case - there must be similar high end cases that don't need a lot of cutting...

The Lian-Li's are nice but require cutting and I have to admit, I'm not hugely keen on using my amateur skills cutting up a $400/450 case.
The TJ09 just isn't as suited to W/C'ing as the TJ07 and cannot fit in as many large radiators.
MountainMod/UFO'...well it's an aquired taste and I think I'll pass. Apologies to fans of this case.
There are some lower end cases, but looking at the high end side.

That leaves the Silverstone TJ07. Anything else out there?

One thing to add is that I currently have a duel radiator and it's simply not providing enough cooling for my system when overclocked. That's why I need a case that can hold more radiators.

You're sadly mistaken if you think the TJ09 won't fit a large rad. It'll fit any 120 X 3 rad in the roof with minimal modifications and a 120 X 2 with even less.

No, it won't accommodate a 120 X 4 but most people don't need that much radiator.

One thing to add is that I currently have a duel radiator and it's simply not providing enough cooling for my system when overclocked. That's why I need a case that can hold more radiators.

What IS your system?

What IS your system?

Lian Li PC-S80 (replaced the hard drive rack with my radiator/shroud)
E6700 C2D / D-Tek FuZion
Thermochill PA120.2 / Laing DDC+
OCZ 8800GTX & EVGA 8800GTX in SLI/ 2x EK FC8800GTX
EVGA 680i M/B / DD 680i NB / EK NF4 Rev 1.1 SB
2x WD RE2 SATA2 500GB / Scythe Quiet Drive

Watercooling setup can just about handle this, but can't handle high overclocks. Need more cooling for that.

Ahh, yeah an 8800SLI setup requires a triple radiator (or any 40000mm^2 combination of radiator surface area you can get) to be sure.

One of the original stackers can easily accomodate a double rad at the top, and a triple in the front bays... You can still get a HD and a CD rom in there too :p

Back