Hi-Tech Punching Bag

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who says punching bags have to be low tech? This lighted punching bag is kinda cool and it gives off a flash of light each time you hit the bag. It would be even better if it made sound effects…or maybe shocked you. :eek:

^--- ahhaha

It would be cooler if it told you how much force you punched with.

^--- ahhaha

It would be cooler if it told you how much force you punched with.

Thats what I figured it was going to be from the topic heading. Lets just say a glowing punching bag isnt exactly something I woulda thought would make it into the news board...

I don't know... I actually think its kind of cool. I spend quite a bit of time beating up a regular bag in my Tae Kwon Do training and I think this would kind of cool to beat on.

I wonder how much it costs and is there a limit to how hard it can be hit before the electronics break and it quits lighting up.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone there broke their wrist. Most of them were punching like sissies, lol.

Making something light up is so 10 years ago. Maybe I'll make my scrotum glow and you can post the video of it here too.

This is stupid. Who boxes in the dark? When you turn the lights on this thing turns back into a regular punching bag. Why don't they do something useful? Have it tell you how many pounds per square inch you are punching or something like that.

I can seriously see this bag, and others like it, being used to train our atheletes. Different lights for different punches along with impact sensors to trigger the differnt lights would offer quick visual cues as to whether or not a punch was delivered properly and can aid the coach in teaching a boxer about angle, force, momentum and other items that go along with boxing and other combative physical sports that use these bags such as the martial arts arena.

Back