Armenius

Extremely [H]
Something completely different from Tango Gameworks, Hi-Fi RUSH is a rhythm-based cel-shaded action game where you move and attack to the beat of the music. It basically takes the concept of Metal: Hellsinger a few steps further. Looks rather interesting. The game is available now on Steam and Epic Game Store, and is included with Game Pass.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/hi-fi-rush

Freebie Gamepass game that came out of nowhere. Has a Sunset Overdrive vibe, it's a lot of fun. I don't think I'd pay $30, this is more of a $5-$10 game.

PC Gamepass is definitely worth the money.

It has proven to be a very, very popular title with Overwhelmingly Positive rating on Steam! Tango makes some wacky stuff with heavy variation between genres but they do a good job with it overall (ie The Evil Within series was a fantastic take if you liked Resident Evil 4/5/6 style play). Hi-Fi Rush is proving to be a success overall. The only question is about the length of the game and replay potential , but talk of patches, expansion content and - if the game is designed in a way that will allow it to work - perhaps even user-supplied soundtracks affecting the world would be neat.

Looking at it from a full priced title viewpoint its discount to a $30 (or $40 if you want the extra costumes and the like) seems reasonable provided it is content heavy enough. However, as a rhythm title even one made by a major studio and obviously well done, some will compare it to more indies in the $10-20 sphere. Those who have Gamepass on PC should get a great deal having it included, but until MS allows Gamepass to sync up and work through Steam, I' m not interested in supporting yet another launcher especially one depending on locked down Windows Store App style usage. Still the game itself seems really worthwhile if you enjoy the combination of Bayonetta/Devil May Cry/ and similar character action alongside rhythm game fun!

This game is SO well done. I had a blast playing it. It's free on Xbox Game Pass so check it out.

It’s kind of sad we’re so easily impressed by a mostly bug-free, smooth running Unreal Engine PC release in 2023.

The game is good but it’s the execution that’s the shining star here. I really hope this is a good sign on Bethesda titles moving forward. I say that, but I know Starfield is basically still using the same old dated crappy Fallout engine.

Wow, what a breath of fresh air this is, and it came out of nowhere.

And holy shit it's all Unreal game that doesn't hitch and stutter like crazy at launch.

Wow, what a breath of fresh air this is, and it came out of nowhere.

And holy shit it's all Unreal game that doesn't hitch and stutter like crazy at launch.

The use of DLSS is really good in this game too. On my 2080Ti @ 4k/144Hz with DLSS Quality and VRR I’m able to play it with all the features maxed out. I have t checked my framerate but it’s a smooth experience and it’s still very sharp.

I'm so excited to try out Hi-Fi RUSH! I'm a huge fan of rhythm-based games, and the cel-shading art style really stands out to me. I love the idea of taking the concept of Metal: Hellsinger and taking it a few steps further. I'm definitely going to have to check this game out!

Something completely different from Tango Gameworks, Hi-Fi RUSH is a rhythm-based cel-shaded action game where you move and attack to the beat of the music. It basically takes the concept of Metal: Hellsinger a few steps further. Looks rather interesting. The game is available now on Steam and Epic Game Store, and is included with Game Pass.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/hi-fi-rush

My man! I came here hoping to see a HI-FI rush thread.

Back