hey mice people, what's your take on Pointer Instruments $270 mouse?

Nebell

[H]ard|Gawd
Why not? Ergonomics are very important and some people sit long hours with their mouse. Gaming mouse is not for those people.
At work a lot of people opt for mousetrapper and rollermouse instead of a traditional mouse.
If this feels good in the hand and the quality holds for years, again, why not? High quality keyboards cost $300.

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
Why not? Ergonomics are very important and some people sit long hours with their mouse. Gaming mouse is not for those people.
At work a lot of people opt for mousetrapper and rollermouse instead of a traditional mouse.
If this feels good in the hand and the quality holds for years, again, why not? High quality keyboards cost $300.
I use a gaming mouse at work lol. They gave us nice ultra thin and light laptops with a thunderbolt dock but gave us shitty m/k. Stupid mini mouse crap really cramped my hand using it. So I brought a old corsair gaming mouse from home to use instead.

Last edited:

sharknice

2[H]4U

I'm pretty sure the mice here have $2 internals and the design isn't ergonomic in any way. It's just meant for flexing, like getting a gold iPhone case or something.

TheSlySyl

[H]ard|Gawd
I cannot imagine leather being a material that i'd want on a mouse for any reason. There's a reason we haven't seen many leather peripherals, its not that great.

I also imagine that if I did get a mouse with leather on it anywhere, i'd want it on the fucking scroll wheel for grip, the scroll nub on that thing looks USELESS.

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I cannot imagine leather being a material that i'd want on a mouse for any reason. There's a reason we haven't seen many leather peripherals, its not that great.

I also imagine that if I did get a mouse with leather on it anywhere, i'd want it on the fucking scroll wheel for grip, the scroll nub on that thing looks USELESS.
but I have seen keyboard that is leather. What's the name of that brand keyboard that resembles the old typewriter?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm pretty sure the mice here have $2 internals and the design isn't ergonomic in any way. It's just meant for flexing, like getting a gold iPhone case or something.
the only thing you people never mention is that the mouse is metal. If I have static electricity, and knowing it's a wireless mouse, can I still zap the mouse?

pendragon1

Fully [H]
you people
1611256437397.png

maro

Gawd
The leather is not made from genuine mouse hide!
Pffft this is a $270 mouse. It's probably genuine Saskatchewan sealskin.

the marketing blog is entertaining:

"It is built with premium materials, starting from the metal base which will age and develop a patina through its years of use. Topped with supple leather, this mouse feels just right to use. You don't grab it, you rest on it. It then easily slides under your control for a smooth experience. The premium materials translate to longevity and personality. And the whole package seems like it went through rigorous wind-tunnel testing to get the best shape possible."

sounds more like a Rolls-Royce ad than a mouse...

One of you should buy one and let us $20 mouse users know how it is. I'm curious what's in it (sensor, switches, appears to be wireless - how efficient is it etc).

When you're frequently ridiculed for your several hundred dollar pile of various mice in the other room it's hard to laugh at the $270 mouse..

Last edited:

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
now that I find out there is no warranty, even if it's $27, I won't buy it. I did seee the 2 button is from some japanese chip, but the mechanical can still fails.

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
While I like the materials, and I'm a huge fan of heavy mice, I'd want to see something more akin to the MX master by Logitech, only made out of leather and metal. I'd buy that for even more money.

Libnok

Weaksauce
give me a mouse with a button press for each of my 5 digits and I'll be impressed.
Try the Swiftpoint Z. It doesn't have a button for each finger, but it has more buttons/options than most humans have potential to use. I backed their kickstarter in 2016 and got it in early 2017, been using it ever since. Comfy, extremely robust feature set in terms of hardware and software. It's pricey at retail, but can be often found at $139-149. Great company too, their customer support is fantastic for a little company out of New Zealand. Just do a search, easy to find. I'm quite honestly shocked that more people aren't using this mouse.

Try the Swiftpoint Z. It doesn't have a button for each finger, but it has more buttons/options than most humans have potential to use. I backed their kickstarter in 2016 and got it in early 2017, been using it ever since. Comfy, extremely robust feature set in terms of hardware and software. It's pricey at retail, but can be often found at $139-149. Great company too, their customer support is fantastic for a little company out of New Zealand. Just do a search, easy to find. I'm quite honestly shocked that more people aren't using this mouse.
Impressive number of keys there however I want a mouse with width because I'm so tired of dragging my ring and pinky finger around with nothing to do but feel the mouse pad.

Libnok

Weaksauce
Impressive number of keys there however I want a mouse with width because I'm so tired of dragging my ring and pinky finger around with nothing to do but feel the mouse pad.
Right, well, you'd likely only be dragging around your pinky since there is a wing that the ring finger would be riding. Besides, wouldn't you be gripping the mouse with your ring finger regardless?

Func MS-3 (8 button) was great ergonomically add button presses to the left and it would be perfect. If somebody could just bring it back I'd be in heaven.
func-ms-3_1360856741__908_512__overflow.jpg

toast0

[H]ard|Gawd
I had to buy a gamer mouse to get the shape I wanted for ergonomics. Only had small amounts of RGB; sadly, I left it at my desk on my last day, and it wasn't worth going back for :(

atarione

[H]ard|Gawd
horrible.. what a pile of crap.. looks terrible to actually use and probably would make your hand hot AF in the summer?

even hoped into a leather interior car on a hot day?? kinda sucks ...

basically I hate it as much as I have ever hated an computer peripheral ever.. except for a stock compaq rubber dome keyboard I had to use at work for a while.. **** that thing..