hey mice people, what's your take on Pointer Instruments $270 mouse?

Why not? Ergonomics are very important and some people sit long hours with their mouse. Gaming mouse is not for those people.
At work a lot of people opt for mousetrapper and rollermouse instead of a traditional mouse.
If this feels good in the hand and the quality holds for years, again, why not? High quality keyboards cost $300.

Why not? Ergonomics are very important and some people sit long hours with their mouse. Gaming mouse is not for those people.
At work a lot of people opt for mousetrapper and rollermouse instead of a traditional mouse.
If this feels good in the hand and the quality holds for years, again, why not? High quality keyboards cost $300.
I use a gaming mouse at work lol. They gave us nice ultra thin and light laptops with a thunderbolt dock but gave us shitty m/k. Stupid mini mouse crap really cramped my hand using it. So I brought a old corsair gaming mouse from home to use instead.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure the mice here have $2 internals and the design isn't ergonomic in any way. It's just meant for flexing, like getting a gold iPhone case or something.

I cannot imagine leather being a material that i'd want on a mouse for any reason. There's a reason we haven't seen many leather peripherals, its not that great.

I also imagine that if I did get a mouse with leather on it anywhere, i'd want it on the fucking scroll wheel for grip, the scroll nub on that thing looks USELESS.

I cannot imagine leather being a material that i'd want on a mouse for any reason. There's a reason we haven't seen many leather peripherals, its not that great.

I also imagine that if I did get a mouse with leather on it anywhere, i'd want it on the fucking scroll wheel for grip, the scroll nub on that thing looks USELESS.
but I have seen keyboard that is leather. What's the name of that brand keyboard that resembles the old typewriter?

I'm pretty sure the mice here have $2 internals and the design isn't ergonomic in any way. It's just meant for flexing, like getting a gold iPhone case or something.
the only thing you people never mention is that the mouse is metal. If I have static electricity, and knowing it's a wireless mouse, can I still zap the mouse?

you people
1611256437397.png

The leather is not made from genuine mouse hide!
Pffft this is a $270 mouse. It's probably genuine Saskatchewan sealskin.

the marketing blog is entertaining:

"It is built with premium materials, starting from the metal base which will age and develop a patina through its years of use. Topped with supple leather, this mouse feels just right to use. You don't grab it, you rest on it. It then easily slides under your control for a smooth experience. The premium materials translate to longevity and personality. And the whole package seems like it went through rigorous wind-tunnel testing to get the best shape possible."

sounds more like a Rolls-Royce ad than a mouse...

One of you should buy one and let us $20 mouse users know how it is. I'm curious what's in it (sensor, switches, appears to be wireless - how efficient is it etc).

When you're frequently ridiculed for your several hundred dollar pile of various mice in the other room it's hard to laugh at the $270 mouse..

Last edited:
now that I find out there is no warranty, even if it's $27, I won't buy it. I did seee the 2 button is from some japanese chip, but the mechanical can still fails.

While I like the materials, and I'm a huge fan of heavy mice, I'd want to see something more akin to the MX master by Logitech, only made out of leather and metal. I'd buy that for even more money.

give me a mouse with a button press for each of my 5 digits and I'll be impressed.
Try the Swiftpoint Z. It doesn't have a button for each finger, but it has more buttons/options than most humans have potential to use. I backed their kickstarter in 2016 and got it in early 2017, been using it ever since. Comfy, extremely robust feature set in terms of hardware and software. It's pricey at retail, but can be often found at $139-149. Great company too, their customer support is fantastic for a little company out of New Zealand. Just do a search, easy to find. I'm quite honestly shocked that more people aren't using this mouse.

Try the Swiftpoint Z. It doesn't have a button for each finger, but it has more buttons/options than most humans have potential to use. I backed their kickstarter in 2016 and got it in early 2017, been using it ever since. Comfy, extremely robust feature set in terms of hardware and software. It's pricey at retail, but can be often found at $139-149. Great company too, their customer support is fantastic for a little company out of New Zealand. Just do a search, easy to find. I'm quite honestly shocked that more people aren't using this mouse.
Impressive number of keys there however I want a mouse with width because I'm so tired of dragging my ring and pinky finger around with nothing to do but feel the mouse pad.

Impressive number of keys there however I want a mouse with width because I'm so tired of dragging my ring and pinky finger around with nothing to do but feel the mouse pad.
Right, well, you'd likely only be dragging around your pinky since there is a wing that the ring finger would be riding. Besides, wouldn't you be gripping the mouse with your ring finger regardless?

Func MS-3 (8 button) was great ergonomically add button presses to the left and it would be perfect. If somebody could just bring it back I'd be in heaven.
func-ms-3_1360856741__908_512__overflow.jpg

I had to buy a gamer mouse to get the shape I wanted for ergonomics. Only had small amounts of RGB; sadly, I left it at my desk on my last day, and it wasn't worth going back for :(

horrible.. what a pile of crap.. looks terrible to actually use and probably would make your hand hot AF in the summer?

even hoped into a leather interior car on a hot day?? kinda sucks ...

basically I hate it as much as I have ever hated an computer peripheral ever.. except for a stock compaq rubber dome keyboard I had to use at work for a while.. **** that thing..

My take? I'll stick with my fairly basic Logitech G502's and spend the rest of that $270 on strippers or something. I'm all for premium products, but I have doubts this is even a good mouse to begin with.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed a better idea than starting a new one.

While the posts in this thread are overwhelmingly negative, I'm still interested in the Lunar Artefacts Pointer Instrument. The main reason for my interest is that the microswitches can be replaced for only GBP 8.00. While I agree that GBP 215.00 for the leather version is excessive, the plastic version seems more reasonably priced at GBP 115.00. My current mouse, a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse, cost GBP 99.00.

I used to really like the Logitech MX Master mice. I found them really comfortable, and I particularly liked the scroll wheel, but the left-hand mouse button used to wear out after a few years. Unfortunately, when I purchased a Logitech MX Master 3S mouse, I found that it could no longer be used as a wireless mouse, so it didn't work well with my KVM switch. I returned the Logitech MX Master 3S mouse and purchased a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse instead. I like the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse, but after 4 years, the left-hand mouse button has failed. Microsoft no longer seems to make this mouse.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wired mouse that has replaceable microswitches, or at least high quality microswitches that will last for more than a few years? It has to be wired so that it will work with my KVM switch.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed a better idea than starting a new one.

While the posts in this thread are overwhelmingly negative, I'm still interested in the Lunar Artefacts Pointer Instrument. The main reason for my interest is that the microswitches can be replaced for only GBP 8.00. While I agree that GBP 215.00 for the leather version is excessive, the plastic version seems more reasonably priced at GBP 115.00. My current mouse, a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse, cost GBP 99.00.

I used to really like the Logitech MX Master mice. I found them really comfortable, and I particularly liked the scroll wheel, but the left-hand mouse button used to wear out after a few years. Unfortunately, when I purchased a Logitech MX Master 3S mouse, I found that it could no longer be used as a wireless mouse, so it didn't work well with my KVM switch. I returned the Logitech MX Master 3S mouse and purchased a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse instead. I like the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse, but after 4 years, the left-hand mouse button has failed. Microsoft no longer seems to make this mouse.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wired mouse that has replaceable microswitches, or at least high quality microswitches that will last for more than a few years? It has to be wired so that it will work with my KVM switch.
The problem is the Lunar Artefacts Pointer Instrument is ergonomically very similar to the Razer Boomslang. I had one. It's not a good design nor has it aged well. I sure as shit wouldn't pay $115-$215 for those ergonomics.

1670425038714.png

1670425068900.png

No thanks.

What they call "resting" one's palm, for me might end up causing strain.

When you're holding on to something round that has buttons (giggity), your fingertips are already pressing onto the button surface AND your fingers are slightly curled up, which is the natural position. Clicking then requires minimal force with little actual 'work' with your joints.

In the case of this ashtray-like shape, I imagine you'd have to extend your fingers and work their full length up/down. Kind of like a completely flat keyboard without the foldable supports to make it angled.

Edit: also, the smooth mouse wheel with minimal contact area is a crime.

Last edited:
The problem is the Lunar Artefacts Pointer Instrument is ergonomically very similar to the Razer Boomslang. I had one. It's not a good design nor has it aged well. I sure as shit wouldn't pay $115-$215 for those ergonomics.

No thanks.
Can you recommend a wired mouse that has high quality microswitches? I see from your earlier post that you use a Logitech G502. I used to have a Logitech G700, which I liked. There seem to be a bewildering range of G502 mice, from the G502 Hero (GBP 39.99) to the G502 X Plus (GBP 149). I've found the switches to be the weak point with the Logitech mice. I've had the switches wear out on several MX Master and MX Anywhere mice. Logitech don't make any claims for the rated number of clicks of their switches. Razer claim their switches are rated for up to 90 million clicks, though I find Razer mice a bit light for my taste. I have a Razer DeathAdder V2, which is a nice gaming mouse, but I don't find it comfortable for office work. Perhaps I should consider one of the heavier Razer mice, such as the Naga or the Basilisk?

Can you recommend a wired mouse that has high quality microswitches? I see from your earlier post that you use a Logitech G502. I used to have a Logitech G700, which I liked. There seem to be a bewildering range of G502 mice, from the G502 Hero (GBP 39.99) to the G502 X Plus (GBP 149). I've found the switches to be the weak point with the Logitech mice. I've had the switches wear out on several MX Master and MX Anywhere mice. Logitech don't make any claims for the rated number of clicks of their switches. Razer claim their switches are rated for up to 90 million clicks, though I find Razer mice a bit light for my taste. I have a Razer DeathAdder V2, which is a nice gaming mouse, but I don't find it comfortable for office work. Perhaps I should consider one of the heavier Razer mice, such as the Naga or the Basilisk?
I have G502, dies after 2 yr., logitech won't honor their 3 yr. warranty. Never buy another product from Logitech again. Their review is 1 star at 71% out of 15000 reviews

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/www.logitech.com

I have G502, dies after 2 yr., logitech won't honor their 3 yr. warranty. Never buy another product from Logitech again. Their review is 1 star at 71% out of 15000 reviews

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/www.logitech.com
I've had better luck than you with Logitech mice. They usually last until they're just out of the 3-year warranty for me ;) I'm liking the look of the Razer Naga at the moment. It has opto-mechanical switches that are rated for 90 million clicks, but the RRP is an eye-watering GBP 179.99.

If I had a good recommendation for you, I'd have made it. I've tried a lot of mice from a lot of different companies and I find them all to be a compromise in one way or another. I'm hard on mice because I use them for both my jobs (through KVM) and I am an avid gamer. My input devices can see up to 24 hours of nearly continuous use sometimes. I'm in it for probably at least 10-12 on any given day with an average that's beyond that. My take is that Logitech is the least bad of the available options. They aren't what they used to be but I haven't found anything I'd say was better. I wish I could. I hate the Logitech G-Hub crap and their mice are hit and miss as far as longevity is concerned. I've had some last me a few years which is good enough. However, I've also had some crap out after a year or two for whatever reason. I haven't had too many issues with their switches dying on me. It's happened a couple of times over the years. I think I've had that happen with a G9X and one of my G502's.

I've had most of the versions of the G502 although I haven't tried the G502X Plus. I'm currently using a G502 Hero and a G502 Lightspeed. I've had the former about a year or so and the latter about 8 months I think. So far so good but I've had two G502's before that and one of them had a switch go out and the other doesn't get much use anymore. It showed a lot of physical wear to the finish after a year and a half of use.

I've had Razer mice and they almost always end up with either a double-click of death or some other issue. I find their durability is very poor and I hate the Razer Synapse software. That stuff is on par with or even worse than the G-Hub. I've tried Corsair mice several times and they are pretty awful. I like them ergonomically (as I like some of the Razer's) but they seem to break easy and Corsair's iCUE software is hot garbage. I think it's worse than either Logitech's G-Hub or Razer's Synapse software. I also tried ASUS' ROG Spatha and believe it or not the software was actually excellent. That's not something I expected. However, the mouse itself started to show wear in only a few weeks and it wasn't really all that comfortable for me long term. It was also really pricey for what it was. Others like Steel Series and some of the other smaller players out there seem even worse whenever I handle them in stores. So I don't even look at them very seriously. I haven't tried MSI or GIGABYTE's mice. Frankly, I don't have confidence in those companies being able to deliver on a decent mouse. Their motherboard software is terrible and I can't imagine software for their mice is any better.

I continue to choose Logitech mice because it seems like the lesser of the evils I'm presented with. It's the least bad option in a terrible market landscape.

i just picked up a couple logitech M720 mice and i like them so far, once i got use to the new middle click feel(have to click at the very top of the wheel), and i love having the free spin wheel again.
as far as the mouse in this thread, my og comment(#6) still stands.

I've had better luck than you with Logitech mice. They usually last until they're just out of the 3-year warranty for me ;) I'm liking the look of the Razer Naga at the moment. It has opto-mechanical switches that are rated for 90 million clicks, but the RRP is an eye-watering GBP 179.99.
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Wired-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B08QVNG4BM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3H80YV2KV2K2N&keywords=razer+naga+x+wired+mmo+gaming+mouse&qid=1670448823&sprefix=Razer+Naga+X,aps,109&sr=8-2

it's only $51

by the way, when I try to claim warranty on the G502, they use sickening tactics to get you discourage , and in the end, you realize you are going nowhere w/ the warranty claim. I then complain at their facebook page, the customer representative said a lot of nice things, but in the end, all those are marketing damage control. NOTHING is done

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If I had a good recommendation for you, I'd have made it. I've tried a lot of mice from a lot of different companies and I find them all to be a compromise in one way or another. I'm hard on mice because I use them for both my jobs (through KVM) and I am an avid gamer. My input devices can see up to 24 hours of nearly continuous use sometimes. I'm in it for probably at least 10-12 on any given day with an average that's beyond that. My take is that Logitech is the least bad of the available options. They aren't what they used to be but I haven't found anything I'd say was better. I wish I could. I hate the Logitech G-Hub crap and their mice are hit and miss as far as longevity is concerned. I've had some last me a few years which is good enough. However, I've also had some crap out after a year or two for whatever reason. I haven't had too many issues with their switches dying on me. It's happened a couple of times over the years. I think I've had that happen with a G9X and one of my G502's.

I've had most of the versions of the G502 although I haven't tried the G502X Plus. I'm currently using a G502 Hero and a G502 Lightspeed. I've had the former about a year or so and the latter about 8 months I think. So far so good but I've had two G502's before that and one of them had a switch go out and the other doesn't get much use anymore. It showed a lot of physical wear to the finish after a year and a half of use.

I've had Razer mice and they almost always end up with either a double-click of death or some other issue. I find their durability is very poor and I hate the Razer Synapse software. That stuff is on par with or even worse than the G-Hub. I've tried Corsair mice several times and they are pretty awful. I like them ergonomically (as I like some of the Razer's) but they seem to break easy and Corsair's iCUE software is hot garbage. I think it's worse than either Logitech's G-Hub or Razer's Synapse software. I also tried ASUS' ROG Spatha and believe it or not the software was actually excellent. That's not something I expected. However, the mouse itself started to show wear in only a few weeks and it wasn't really all that comfortable for me long term. It was also really pricey for what it was. Others like Steel Series and some of the other smaller players out there seem even worse whenever I handle them in stores. So I don't even look at them very seriously. I haven't tried MSI or GIGABYTE's mice. Frankly, I don't have confidence in those companies being able to deliver on a decent mouse. Their motherboard software is terrible and I can't imagine software for their mice is any better.

I continue to choose Logitech mice because it seems like the lesser of the evils I'm presented with. It's the least bad option in a terrible market landscape.

Dan,

Thank you for a very comprehensive and helpful reply, though sadly not the one I was hoping for. Like you, I like the ergonomics of the Logitech mice, but also like you, I find they wear out far too quickly. I was hoping the Razer mice would be longer-lasting. They'd need to be to justify their high price. I have a Razer DeathAdder V2, which was reasonably priced and has lasted well so far. It's a good gaming mouse (I use a claw grip for gaming) but I dislike it as an office mouse (I use a palm grip for office work). I was attracted to the Lunar Artefacts mouse because it's designed to be repairable, but it seems to have too many other problems. I'm fed up of buying disposable mice. I've been hoping that someone will create the mouse equivalent of a mechanical keyboard (I love my Code Keyboard). In the meantime, it sounds like the choice is to either buy something like a Logitech G502 Hero because it's cheap enough to replace when it wears out or buy something like a Razer Naga and hope that it lasts long enough to justify the considerable extra cost. Have you noticed any significant differences between the different versions of the G502 (other than wired vs wireless operation), or should I go for the G502 Hero because it's the cheapest?

Dewi

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Wired-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B08QVNG4BM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3H80YV2KV2K2N&keywords=razer+naga+x+wired+mmo+gaming+mouse&qid=1670448823&sprefix=Razer+Naga+X,aps,109&sr=8-2

it's only $51

by the way, when I try to claim warranty on the G502, they use sickening tactics to get you discourage , and in the end, you realize you are going nowhere w/ the warranty claim. I then complain at their facebook page, the customer representative said a lot of nice things, but in the end, all those are marketing damage control. NOTHING is done
The GBP 179.99 I quoted is the RRP for the Razer Naga V2 Pro, which is the wireless version. The Razer Naga X is the wired version. I did say I'm only interested in wired operation. The Razer Naga X is GBP 71.99 on amazon.co.uk, far more than the USD 51.19 charged on amazon.com. Ouch! Even so, it's still much cheaper than the wireless version. Having said that, the switches on the Naga X are "only" rated for 70 million clicks (vs 90 million clicks on the Naga V2 Pro), it doesn't have quite as good a sensor (18,000 dpi optical vs 30,000 dpi Focus Pro 30K optical sensor), it's lighter (85g vs 134g) and it doesn't have the HyperScroll Pro wheel or the swappable side plates. The Naga V2 Pro is still not worth over twice the price, though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back