• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hey davidhammock200

Current mobo is 20-pin, thanks for the reply (I dont usually PM until I know its ok, feels rude I guess haha).
 
davidhammock200 said:
Only a 20-pin ATX! What does your mobo use?

can a motherboard that uses the 24 pin connector use the 20 pin connector and the single 4 pin connector like shown in the picture or does it have to be a single 24 pin connector?

and that 1st powersupply has 2 12 volt lines not just one at 18A
 
needmorecarnitine said:
can a motherboard that uses the 24 pin connector use the 20 pin connector and the single 4 pin connector like shown in the picture or does it have to be a single 24 pin connector?

and that 1st powersupply has 2 12 volt lines not just one at 18A
Most 24-pin ATX connectors are 20+4 modular these days &
of courst the p4 (4-pin, +12V) is a totally seperate connector.

This is a 20+4 modular, if you notice the extra 4-pins on the right can be un-hooked for use on a 20-pin ATX mobo.

Pic: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showi...EG495P-VE+SFMA+ATX+485W+Power+Supply+-+Retail

Dave ;)

EDIT:

You are correct:
$29.99 & shipping [24-pin & 20-pin]
FSP Group (Fortron Source) ATX350-PA ATX12V 350W
+3.3V@22A, +5V@21A, +12V1@18A, +12V2@16A (+12V@21A total max), -12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2A
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104901
http://www.directron.com/atx350pa.html
I need to put my reading glasses on! :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:
 
ah OK.

Do you have that powersupply in front of you? When I look at the picture of the sticker on the newegg site
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=17-104-901-01.jpg,17-104-901-02.jpg,17-104-901-03.jpg,17-104-901-04.jpg,17-104-901-05.jpg,17-104-901-06.jpg&CurImage=17-104-901-03.jpg&Description=FSP%20Group%20(Fortron%20Source)%20ATX350-PA%20ATX12V%20350W%20Power%20Supply%20-%20OEM
it looks like it says a total of 300W which should be 25A
 
I can't read the new egg pic. 300W on the +12V in a 350W PSU?

Please post a readable pic & I'll try to find one also.

Thanks,
Dave ;)
 
needmorecarnitine said:
ah OK.

Do you have that powersupply in front of you? When I look at the picture of the sticker on the newegg site
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=17-104-901-01.jpg,17-104-901-02.jpg,17-104-901-03.jpg,17-104-901-04.jpg,17-104-901-05.jpg,17-104-901-06.jpg&CurImage=17-104-901-03.jpg&Description=FSP%20Group%20(Fortron%20Source)%20ATX350-PA%20ATX12V%20350W%20Power%20Supply%20-%20OEM
it looks like it says a total of 300W which should be 25A
The 400W version has a max combined of +12V@25A:

http://www.home2000.net/client/fspgroupusacom/images/AX400-PN%20(9PA3504602)%20SPEC.pdf

I can't find the 350W specs anywhere! :rolleyes:
 
The AX400-PN and the ATX-350PA/PN are IIRC the same basic 350w PSU, according to the UL cert page. 12v combined current ratings should be the same.
 
Oklahoma Wolf said:
The AX400-PN and the ATX-350PA/PN are IIRC the same basic 350w PSU, according to the UL cert page. 12v combined current ratings should be the same.
300W of +12V from a 350W PSU??? :eek:
 
seems like it would be fine for some overclocking and even a power hugry videocard
I wouldn't go that far, but I do recommend them in the PSU Guide.

Cheap, but Good PSU's: http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027898523&postcount=7

If it was a PC P&C rated at +12V@25A @50C, then yes,
but Enermax's like most PSU's must be derated for real life conditions, still it is a fine PSU at a great price!
needmorecarnitine said:
mine claims 264W from a 330W psu (single rail)
What PSU?
 
Back
Top