skunkmunkey

Limp Gawd
Ok, now gonna order my blocks...

will be connecting My:

8800GTX(EK full cover),
Asus Commando: NB,SB,MOSFET (EK acetal),
150gb Raptor (alphacool full cover)
CPU - C2D e6600 @ 3.6ghz

all in a 1/2" loop using a laing D5 vario and Thermochill PA360 radiatior (3 x 120mm 1200rpm noiseblocker fans).

Will my loop be able to cope or should I build a second smaller loop (ie 120mm rad, small res and ddc 10 watt) for the 8800gtx and hd block?

Im trying to keep the system as quiet as possible and not to spend too much money.

Im trying to keep the system as quiet as possible and not to spend too much money.

Well, the way I would think about it is that I can always add the second loop later. By trying it out with what you have the only downside is maybe it will run warmer than you like/want and then you just build a second loop. If you just go ahead and put in the second loop you spend money, make things complicated and you will never know if you really needed to go through all the trouble.

Might want to think on those fans, your call. I am a big fan of overspecing the fans and then using inexpensive controllers to turn them down to dial in the best compromise between cooling and quiet. You can turn a medium speed fan down but you cant turn a low speed fan up.

Ok, now gonna order my blocks...

will be connecting My:

8800GTX(EK full cover),
Asus Commando: NB,SB,MOSFET (EK acetal),
150gb Raptor (alphacool full cover)
CPU - C2D e6600 @ 3.6ghz

all in a 1/2" loop using a laing D5 vario and Thermochill PA360 radiatior (3 x 120mm 1200rpm noiseblocker fans).

Will my loop be able to cope or should I build a second smaller loop (ie 120mm rad, small res and ddc 10 watt) for the 8800gtx and hd block?

Your setup is pretty much as good as it gets but you haven't told us about what CPU block you're using. Your PA120.3 should be fine to handle what you have right now. If you're looking for as much OC as possible, I'd consider adding a 2nd loop somewhere down the line as the heat generated from the 8800's will result in a rise temps.

Which alphacool HD block are you using?

Back