Twig and Berries
n00b
- Joined
- May 26, 2005
- Messages
- 58
I have a x800 non pro edition. Last night I left my comp on while running defrag and when I woke up the screen had weird characters in all different colors. I figured it locked up or something rebotted and eveyrthing was fine. Then after I got business taken care of I tried to get in a little Counter Strike and the VPU recovery runs non stop if I try to play anything. It locks up sometimes too. I uninstalled the drivers reinstalled them also tried different modded revisions of same driver(newest catalyst). I haven't yet rolled back the driver but honestly I had a radeon 7500 that did this almost exactly and the memory on that card was corrupted.
I am now thinking about bios flashing as a possible cure, however when I try to back up my bios, the program says no ati products are present.
I am completely at a loss here. 2d works perfectly, When VPU recovery runs it says that hardware implentation of 3d is not possible and it will be handled in software. And to restart to turn hardware back on.
thanks for any help as it is greatly appreciated.
I am now thinking about bios flashing as a possible cure, however when I try to back up my bios, the program says no ati products are present.
I am completely at a loss here. 2d works perfectly, When VPU recovery runs it says that hardware implentation of 3d is not possible and it will be handled in software. And to restart to turn hardware back on.
thanks for any help as it is greatly appreciated.